U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 04:10 PM

2,355 posts, read 1,955,903 times

Advertisements

I wear makeup almost every day but I don't look that different without it. I use a face powder by Lancome and sometimes you honestly can't tell if I have it on or not. It's that GOOD. I do like glosses and lipsticks too...my husband prefers the natural look but when we go somewhere I like to put a little bit on. I've never been the clown look type of person..I'd rather be more subtle and that includes when I wear eyeshadow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 05:49 PM

6,262 posts, read 16,963,726 times
ditto. When I was in my 20's thru my 40's I thought make-up was a MUST DO. Now, in my early 50's I'm more into skin care and now that I've gotten a really good skin regime and my skin looks fresh I no longer wear even foundation. However mascara is my best friend followed by a light lip stick or lip gloss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Back when I was in my 20's, I wouldn't be caught going out without makeup.
Now that I'm in my late 40's, I wear minimal makeup and the reason for it is that I'm a fair skinned red head with very light lashes and brows. If I don't wear something on my brows at least, I look like a person without eyebrows. (speaking of brows, I use the powder kind so it doesn't look like I've drawn them on.) I wear lipstick to keep my lips from drying out.
Don't like foundation.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:19 PM

15,533 posts, read 35,652,233 times
I wear makeup when I have to - work, church, parties, dancing, dinners out. I like makeup because I can be very creative with it. However, sometimes I am just lazy - like on a Saturday morning and I do leave the house without it. I know I look different without it and I know I look better with it, but you know what? I really don't care what other people think. If guys want to talk, who cares?

Old 11-19-2007, 07:26 PM

8,181 posts, read 16,158,422 times
During the week, I wear the whole thing, but in muted tones.
It comes off Friday night and unless there is something special going on it doesn't go back on until Monday.
The only people at work that have seen me without make up are the very few that are in the gym with me in the am.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:10 AM

8,323 posts, read 13,147,286 times
Personally, I usually just put on a little eyeliner (Maybelline Eye Expert I think) on the top only with MaxFactor Mascara and I'm out the door.

My face has a weird reaction to the coating on my glasses, so I get a natural blush look that people say looks pretty good.

It humors me about serious makeup wearers - you use a green cover stick to hide red blemishes or natural blush, then put on a flat color (which most people don't get the right shade of), then put blush over it.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:05 AM

31,165 posts, read 57,302,589 times
I wear foundation when my skin is looking a bit blotchy, usually in the winter. If I'm not in the mood for all that, I'll dash some bronzing powder across my cheeks and forehead. In the summer my tan takes care of any skin tone issues.

Eye makeup is out because of the contacts; I haven't been able to wear makeup comfortably since I got them.

I've always got on lipstick or gloss of some sort, even if it's just clear-shiny.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 05-07-2009 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: removed quote of post that no longer exists

Old 05-07-2009, 12:37 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,794,118 times
It took me YEARS to perfect my liquid eyeliner/cat eye look so I like to show off my expertise

For many years I NEVER left the house without my eyeliner and red lipstick at the very least. Now, it's liquid eyeliner in dark brown or black with some mascara and a bit of face powder. Takes me less than 5 minutes to do, which is handy.

I wear makeup to work because high profile people do come in every once in a while and I like to make a good impression for the company. After work though, all makeup comes off and I generally don't put it on again unless it's a special occasion.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:15 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,289,996 times
I wear makeup every day. Nothing real dramatic, but I do use eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, the whole works, just in a subtle way. Every once in a while on a Sunday I will only wear foundation, just because I don't feel like hassling with the rest! I happen to be one of those whose skin never realized that it doesn't belong to a teenager anymore! I still get pimples sometimes, and I am 42, so I always wear foundation.

I guess the only fair trade I get is that having the oily, acne prone skin has seemed to keep it younger looking. People usually think I am at least 10 years younger than I am!

I am not so sure it is worth it when you get one of those HUGE UGLY RED ONES RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR FOREHEAD!!!!!!!

Old 05-07-2009, 02:32 PM

1,802 posts, read 7,069,024 times
In my younger days I wouldn't even walk out to the mailbox without make-up. Foundation, eye shadow, liner, mascara, blush, lipstick...the whole 9 yards. After all, you never know when Mr. Right would come along, and I didn't want to be caught not looking ravishing! (yeah, right!). I used to wear it daily when I was working, because it does make me look better. But now I only wear it when I'm going out to dinner, and I might do a mini-application if I'm doing something special that day, but otherwise I am au naturelle. I may wear a tinted moisturizer if I think I need a little lift, but that's about it.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:29 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,278,882 times
Makeup always makes women look better. Have you ever seen those supermarket tabloid pictures of actresses without makeup...scary! Please ladies keep wearing makeup, it's one of the greatest inventions ever. I don't even mind when I see women applying makeup while driving a car, as long as she pays attention to the road after the light changes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or