U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 11:06 AM

13 posts, read 54,194 times

Advertisements

I used to work with this girl who everybody thought was really beautiful physically. She always had makeup on, hair curled, form fitting clothing.

There were a few times where she did not have makeup on, and it was shocking. I heard so many guys say "She's cute, but she needs makeup"
The thing is, she wasn't unattractive, she was cute, but since she always
had dramatic makeup on (deep red lipstick, black eyeliner) her natural face did not look very good looking without it.

I had this other friend who was also like that, except she took it further.
I'm not sure what she used, but she would make her chest about 2 sizes bigger. I always wondered what it was like for guys she was dating. You think she's a c, find out she's an a.

I don't wear makeup but I always wondered about women who wear makeup all the time, especially dramatic makeup.
Do they wear makeup everywhere? Do they know how different they look without it? The remarks guys make about them without it?

Some of these women aren't bad looking, so why wear so much of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 11:13 AM

21,902 posts, read 20,909,917 times
For me make-up definately makes a BIG difference. Although I rarely wear it now. Being blonde with blond eyelashes and very little eyebrows make-up sure does improve my looks. Also foundation evens out a persons skin as they get older. But nowdays I save the make-up for when we go out and not an everyday thing. I guess as a person gets older they just except how they look naturally better...or we get lazy!!

Old 11-17-2007, 02:15 PM

21,418 posts, read 29,549,167 times
I feel more confident about myself when I have on makeup, but I don't wear it every where, I'm not going to put it on just to run to the grocery store or go to Walmart, but I would never to church or work (if I worked) or any thing important without. And when I do go out without it, I always hope I don't run into anyone I know. My husband doesn't care if I have it on or not.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:24 PM

4,286 posts, read 13,120,918 times
I don't wear much but I do like my lipstick. I agree there are a lot of women that don't need much but wear a lot. I don't have the patience to stand in front of the mirror for that long.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:44 PM

2,178 posts, read 8,228,112 times
I have never wore make up. I have tried... it made my face itch and made me look like a clown. I am not good with make up or hair...

Old 11-17-2007, 06:20 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,307,634 times
I have auburn hair and fair skin. I would have NO color without it. Ive done it for so many years its a habit now. Takes me 5 min for blush and eye stuff. Thank goodness I inherited good skin and few wrinkles so I dont need tons of makeup.

Funny thing is when I was young and thin I wouldnt be caught dead without full makeup. Now that Im an old fat 57 I like it on but if I need to go someplace and I dont have it on it doesnt bother me.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:48 PM
miu

16,471 posts, read 33,443,403 times
I hate makeup. Especially foundation. Then my eye liner will run. Lipstick makes my lips chapped. lol When I go out special, I will use some concealer for my blemishes, tinted moisturizer, minimal eye liner and a subtle color lipstick. Then I check it often in a mirror.

One of my old boyfriend referred to makeup on women as "war paint."

Old 11-17-2007, 07:11 PM

168 posts, read 1,058,131 times
I have never worn makeup. Just not my thing...luckily my husband thinks makeup is disgusting on anyone b/c he'd be out of luck if he liked it!

Old 11-17-2007, 07:14 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,446,444 times
if you wana see something really ugly go look at a bunch of circus clowns in costume
before they put on makeup.
i dont know why i felt the need to share that with you. perhaps a little break would be good about now.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:22 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,141,315 times
I wish I could go without makeup, unfortunately my skin still thinks it's going through puberty and I need foundation to cover up some acne issues I have yet to resolve . It could be worse, at least having oily skin vs. dry skin keeps the wrinkles at bay, so I tend to be considered generally about 5-10 years younger than I actually am. Other than that, when I'm wearing my glasses (love my glasses) I skip the mascara; wearing contacts, I definitely hook my lashes up, because they're nice and long and it really accentuates my eyes. One thing I am addicted to is yummy lipgloss that isn't too shiny and doesn't feel sticky...lipgloss on, then I'm out the door !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or