U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 03:30 PM

6,773 posts, read 6,857,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsWolf View Post
Who are you or any one to decide what is "excessive" hair?~ Yes, many cases where people, women or not, grow very thick hair in places where it is not often seen on many other people often do have underlying health problems that could cause this as a side-effect.~

However, to assume that this is ALWAYS the case is foolish.~
I simply recommended they see a doctor if they find themselves growing a lot of chin hair, as it can be an early symptom of a very serious illness that can be treated and controlled with various measures. Nowhere did I state it was ALWAYS the case. When it comes to one's health it's much better to err on the side of caution and see one's physician. If all is well heath wise, they can do whatever they want with it, flaunt it, or remove it, that's up to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 05:05 PM

628 posts, read 1,042,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I simply recommended they see a doctor if they find themselves growing a lot of chin hair, as it can be an early symptom of a very serious illness that can be treated and controlled with various measures. Nowhere did I state it was ALWAYS the case. When it comes to one's health it's much better to err on the side of caution and see one's physician. If all is well heath wise, they can do whatever they want with it, flaunt it, or remove it, that's up to them.
Very well then, thank you for clearing that up.~ ^_^

I just find the use of the word "excessive" used much too liberally when it comes to individuals who possess hairier than the average Human has or wears according to social norms body.~

Old 10-11-2013, 10:17 PM

2,976 posts, read 2,396,993 times
If there was a girl with like sea otter fur from her neck down, that would be totally awesome! I would want her to be my girlfriend. However, human hair isn't as soft as that. To me, shaving has to do more with the texture than visuals. Hair just isn't as nice to touch as smooth skin (unless it's sea otter fur). I love the feeling of smooth skin.

Plus there's the whole hygiene thing as well. If you shave your armpits and down there, it doesn't collect as much BO. That's actually why I shave my armpits, not any other reason.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
If there was a girl with like sea otter fur from her neck down, that would be totally awesome! I would want her to be my girlfriend. However, human hair isn't as soft as that. To me, shaving has to do more with the texture than visuals. Hair just isn't as nice to touch as smooth skin (unless it's sea otter fur). I love the feeling of smooth skin.

Plus there's the whole hygiene thing as well. If you shave your armpits and down there, it doesn't collect as much BO. That's actually why I shave my armpits, not any other reason.
That's actually a common misconception, you actually sweat MORE the LESS hair you have, because your hair naturally acts as sort of 'windshield-wipers' to help in the evaporation of the sweat from your body.~ Thus you will most likely stink MORE with LESS hair.~

Of course, if you never bathe you're probably going to smell horrible regardless depending largely upon your diet.~

Human hair on many people is actually very soft when it is allowed to grow to its' natural length without any trimming, it's the trimming and shaving that cut the ends of the hairs off exposing the middle of the hairs leaving a "rough" texture to the touch.~

Of course it also depends upon how you take care of your hair as well and the type of hair you naturally grow.~

Old 10-14-2013, 09:12 AM

4,948 posts, read 6,874,679 times
I think a cleanly shaven face on a man looks fine. It looks clean, neat and professional. However, I DO NOT like men with shaved arms, legs, or chest. I like men with hair. I dont mind a beard or scruff either, if it loks good, but def dont mind a shaven face. That's it tho. The rest of my man needs to be pretty natural and hairy.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I think a cleanly shaven face on a man looks fine. It looks clean, neat and professional. However, I DO NOT like men with shaved arms, legs, or chest. I like men with hair. I dont mind a beard or scruff either, if it loks good, but def dont mind a shaven face. That's it tho. The rest of my man needs to be pretty natural and hairy.
Thank you for sharing your opinion with us!~ ^_^

Old 07-02-2014, 04:47 PM

4 posts, read 2,955 times
Default Love being smooth

I love being smooth. Even my eyebrows are off ! Cut my hair to less than 1/4"... Lady thought at first i looked like a pluked chicken, but now she loves it and she is hairless all over also. Which is very hot and
enhances our love time..

We all like different ideas. That said, unless a person has tried something, it is all opinion, not fact yet.
Try it then go back to the way you were. Experience is really the best !
PeteWhim
Smooth

Old 07-02-2014, 09:39 PM

71 posts, read 48,101 times
I agree with you me too i'm always think that shaven faced and body look like an alien.

Old 07-03-2014, 05:48 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,885,223 times
to each his own but I don't understand why men shave their face. It is such a drag and the fact that men have facial hair suggests that it's meant to be there. Do most men honesty think they look better clean shaven or, is it a societal pressure that makes men feel like they need to do this everyday? Since a lot of young men are sporting beards in the past few years I hear complaints about it, mostly from women who don't like the look or complain about the feel. It's crazy to me. As far as looking alien, I don't know - it's so common place in our western society. I just don't see the point. But a lot of guys, particularly younger have grown up in the "all body hair is bad" fashion period and are repulsed by their own bodies. It's just sad.

Old 07-03-2014, 05:58 AM

3,844 posts, read 5,105,836 times
I can handle the soup strainer look if it's kept at a minimum. Think Hector Elizondo:

Hector Elizondo - IMDb

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty