U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-29-2013, 09:17 AM
 
2,818 posts, read 5,167,428 times
Reputation: 3758

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsWolf View Post
Well, am I?~

There is just some thing weird about looking at baby-smooth-faced men, it's like looking at a big bug-shaped-head looking weird alien thing.~ There's just some thing weird about looking at a full grown adult Human male without a mane.~

This goes for shaving or even trimming really short any fur (yes Humans have fur, calling it 'hair' is simply a battle of semantics fought over pure Human arrogance and narcissism) part of the natural Human body.~

Like shaven legs some times are sexy like a slimy alien creature, but at other times they seem pedophiliac and are repulsive, that goes double for completely shaven genitals male AND female.~

I just look around all the time and wonder what the Human species would look like if they weren't so weird and unnatural looking and instead looked all natural?~

Just to be clear, what I mean by 'mane' is when they never shave and trim their hair upon their entire head and the neck, so their top-head hair and their beard fuse into one becoming a 'mane'.~

This thread isn't about shaving the Human genitals specifically, but more about how weird looking shaven faces and in general look for Humans as a whole species.~
Do you happen to have some sexual fetish for wolves?

As a guy I have nothing against women waxing, but no hair at all down there is a bit too much.

Also men who can't grow a beard look like wax figures to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-29-2013, 11:33 AM
 
23,978 posts, read 31,205,285 times
Reputation: 28649
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsWolf View Post
I will get over your post, thank you for sharing your very rude opinion!~ ^_^ Bye bye!~
LOL!!

You're an odd duck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2013, 12:49 PM
 
Location: Dallas
5,467 posts, read 4,595,966 times
Reputation: 15594
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Fur is not continuous growing. It will grow for a period of time and then stop growing. It also "sheds" during certain times of the year.

Hair is continuous growing and does not shed.

Poodles have hair. German Shepherds have fur.

I don't know what kind of people you hang around with, but the ones that I am acquainted with have hair.

As for your question, I think that people should allow their hair to be mostly natural. A little trim now and then for aesthetic purposes is fine, but this shaving business is stupid. I want a man to look like a man, not a 10 year old boy.

20yrsinBranson
Chest/arm/leg hair stops growing at a certain point. So wouldn't that be considered more of a fur?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2013, 01:21 PM
 
828 posts, read 961,982 times
Reputation: 1690
Ahhh...a corner stone of C-D - arguing over semantics, and definitions of things by people who really don't understand what they're talking about, lol.

Here's a hint - fur is a type of hair. You can Google the rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2013, 01:46 PM
 
15,797 posts, read 13,220,880 times
Reputation: 19688
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsWolf View Post
Well, am I?~

There is just some thing weird about looking at baby-smooth-faced men, it's like looking at a big bug-shaped-head looking weird alien thing.~ There's just some thing weird about looking at a full grown adult Human male without a mane.~

This goes for shaving or even trimming really short any fur (yes Humans have fur, calling it 'hair' is simply a battle of semantics fought over pure Human arrogance and narcissism) part of the natural Human body.~

Like shaven legs some times are sexy like a slimy alien creature, but at other times they seem pedophiliac and are repulsive, that goes double for completely shaven genitals male AND female.~

I just look around all the time and wonder what the Human species would look like if they weren't so weird and unnatural looking and instead looked all natural?~

Just to be clear, what I mean by 'mane' is when they never shave and trim their hair upon their entire head and the neck, so their top-head hair and their beard fuse into one becoming a 'mane'.~

This thread isn't about shaving the Human genitals specifically, but more about how weird looking shaven faces and in general look for Humans as a whole species.~
No. There is a biological difference between hair and fur. Fur grows in a synchronized manner and to a specified length, typical for a species. Hair does not. There are other types of "hair" as well, including whiskers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2013, 02:29 PM
 
Location: CA, U.S.A.
628 posts, read 1,046,333 times
Reputation: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
Do you happen to have some sexual fetish for wolves?

As a guy I have nothing against women waxing, but no hair at all down there is a bit too much.

Also men who can't grow a beard look like wax figures to me.
Hehe, werewolves yes, but my name is a reflection of myself and my connection to the wolf as integral part of my entire life and my love of colors.~

Your last sentence: I feel exactly the same way.~ ^_^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2013, 02:40 PM
 
6,780 posts, read 6,870,135 times
Reputation: 6955
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I do agree that everyone should do whatever grooming makes them happy, but I've never liked the comparison of people who shave/wax to children. They are grown adults. Honestly, I've always thought a fully waxed guy looked more like a plucked chicken.
I agree 100%. That's something that has always annoyed me. During one class when I was in grad school medical program, we somehow got on the subject of shaving nether regions. There were a number of those "I'm a grown woman, not a little girl comments." I found it incredibly annoying, and hypocritical because every single one of those women had shaved legs and underarms.

Grown women naturally have hair on their legs and underarms. Women don't shave those parts to look like children, they shave because it's considered more aesthetically pleasing. Nowadays, the trend is for women, and many men to shave, or wax just about everywhere. There are many people who find the lack of hair more visually pleasing. This is a personal preference, everyone is free to agree or disagree, but it has nothing to do with "looking like a child" just as a grown women shaving her legs is not trying to look like a child. Most porn stars are completely shaven and the people who are watching these grown women are feeling an attraction to a grown woman.

As far as men being clean shaven, I find both can be attractive. To shave or not to shave anywhere is just a personal preference. Some people are going to like it, some are not. I do not feel that men with shaved faces or heads look weird, it often looks good to me. I also find many men with neatly trimmed beards attractive, my guy has had one of those for a few years. Huge overgrown beards on men actually gross me out, I do not like them at all, but I'm sure there are many people who do like them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2013, 03:47 PM
 
Location: CA, U.S.A.
628 posts, read 1,046,333 times
Reputation: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I agree 100%. That's something that has always annoyed me. During one class when I was in grad school medical program, we somehow got on the subject of shaving nether regions. There were a number of those "I'm a grown woman, not a little girl comments." I found it incredibly annoying, and hypocritical because every single one of those women had shaved legs and underarms.

Grown women naturally have hair on their legs and underarms. Women don't shave those parts to look like children, they shave because it's considered more aesthetically pleasing. Nowadays, the trend is for women, and many men to shave, or wax just about everywhere. There are many people who find the lack of hair more visually pleasing. This is a personal preference, everyone is free to agree or disagree, but it has nothing to do with "looking like a child" just as a grown women shaving her legs is not trying to look like a child. Most porn stars are completely shaven and the people who are watching these grown women are feeling an attraction to a grown woman.

As far as men being clean shaven, I find both can be attractive. To shave or not to shave anywhere is just a personal preference. Some people are going to like it, some are not. I do not feel that men with shaved faces or heads look weird, it often looks good to me. I also find many men with neatly trimmed beards attractive, my guy has had one of those for a few years. Huge overgrown beards on men actually gross me out, I do not like them at all, but I'm sure there are many people who do like them.
Thank you for sharing that!~ ^_^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2013, 03:55 PM
 
Location: University City, Philadelphia
22,583 posts, read 11,796,721 times
Reputation: 15402
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post

Grown women naturally have hair on their legs and underarms. Women don't shave those parts to look like children, they shave because it's considered more aesthetically pleasing. Nowadays, the trend is for women, and many men to shave, or wax just about everywhere. There are many people who find the lack of hair more visually pleasing. This is a personal preference, everyone is free to agree or disagree, but it has nothing to do with "looking like a child" just as a grown women shaving her legs is not trying to look like a child. Most porn stars are completely shaven and the people who are watching these grown women are feeling an attraction to a grown woman.

As far as men being clean shaven, I find both can be attractive. To shave or not to shave anywhere is just a personal preference. Some people are going to like it, some are not. I do not feel that men with shaved faces or heads look weird, it often looks good to me. I also find many men with neatly trimmed beards attractive, my guy has had one of those for a few years. Huge overgrown beards on men actually gross me out, I do not like them at all, but I'm sure there are many people who do like them.
I once read an interesting book on the harems and harem life in the old Turkish Ottoman Empire. The concubines in the Seraglio (Harem) were depilating their bodies for hundreds of years. Why? Because hairlessness was deemed - rightly or wrongly - as feminine. The Turks were rather hairy and macho guys themselves and they liked their women soft, smooth, and girlish looking. They used cosmetics, perfumes, wore their hair long and in elaborate coiffures, etc.

I reiterate: women tend to be less hairy than men, and by removing their body hair their femaleness is enhanced.

The opposite holds true for males. When we consider the terms we use for a manly man: brawny, rugged, he-man, macho, butch ... the image that comes to mind includes all those secondary characterists of maleness: tall, broad shoulders, strong arms, hairy chest ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2013, 04:57 PM
 
Location: CA, U.S.A.
628 posts, read 1,046,333 times
Reputation: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I once read an interesting book on the harems and harem life in the old Turkish Ottoman Empire. The concubines in the Seraglio (Harem) were depilating their bodies for hundreds of years. Why? Because hairlessness was deemed - rightly or wrongly - as feminine. The Turks were rather hairy and macho guys themselves and they liked their women soft, smooth, and girlish looking. They used cosmetics, perfumes, wore their hair long and in elaborate coiffures, etc.

I reiterate: women tend to be less hairy than men, and by removing their body hair their femaleness is enhanced.

The opposite holds true for males. When we consider the terms we use for a manly man: brawny, rugged, he-man, macho, butch ... the image that comes to mind includes all those secondary characterists of maleness: tall, broad shoulders, strong arms, hairy chest ...
Tend to be is different from naturally.~ ^_^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top