U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 07:51 AM

2,311 posts, read 3,463,933 times

Advertisements

Other than eyebrows and the hair on our heads my wife and I have been clean shaven for over two decades.
For us it simply feels clean and sanitary as opposed to the inevitable and noticeable odor of perspiration which occurs anyway but is significantly less without hair holding on to that scent.

We also shower twice a day everyday so we tend to keep extremely clean. Our house is very clean but not obsessively so.

It's a lifestyle of being very clean and very sanitary as it compares to the overall population's hygiene habits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 08:49 AM

15,371 posts, read 25,579,836 times
I am a man that at one time had a mustache. My wife never liked it. About 7 years ago it dissapered. 4 years ago she wanted me to grow it back with a beard around the chin area. I cut that off a couple years ago and have kept it clean shaven. I like to keep all my hair short. My barber uses a #1 trim plate on the cutters around the sides of my head and keeps it finger length on the top.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:15 AM

3,676 posts, read 3,254,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsWolf View Post
Well, am I?~

There is just some thing weird about looking at baby-smooth-faced men, it's like looking at a big bug-shaped-head looking weird alien thing.~ There's just some thing weird about looking at a full grown adult Human male without a mane.~

This goes for shaving or even trimming really short any fur (yes Humans have fur, calling it 'hair' is simply a battle of semantics fought over pure Human arrogance and narcissism) part of the natural Human body.~

Like shaven legs some times are sexy like a slimy alien creature, but at other times they seem pedophiliac and are repulsive, that goes double for completely shaven genitals male AND female.~

I just look around all the time and wonder what the Human species would look like if they weren't so weird and unnatural looking and instead looked all natural?~

Just to be clear, what I mean by 'mane' is when they never shave and trim their hair upon their entire head and the neck, so their top-head hair and their beard fuse into one becoming a 'mane'.~

This thread isn't about shaving the Human genitals specifically, but more about how weird looking shaven faces and in general look for Humans as a whole species.~
Assuming that you are a member of Homo Sapiens it seems rather odd that you think your species looks like it's not from this planet. LOL

Old 10-01-2013, 01:28 PM

628 posts, read 1,042,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I'm not sure why you want to think of human beings as being no different from every other animal out there. Perhaps you are just one of those people that likes to argue absurd perspectives, I dunno. But look around you....clearly humans ARE different - hugely so. We have morality. We possess unique intellectual, cultural, and communicative abilities. Humans are thinkers, uniquely capable of abstract reasoning, and able to apply the foundational logical principle of noncontradiction. Human minds alone develop propositions, formulate arguments, draw inferences, recognize universal principles, and value logical validity, coherence, and truth. Only human beings wonder why the physical universe corresponds to abstract mathematical theorems. No chimp can self-reflect - take that mental and spiritual leap of stepping outside of himself and seeing himself from an alternate perspective, or realizing consciously that he is alive, that his heart is beating, that he is walking the planet, that he will die someday, and that the moon is overhead.

"Fur dispersal"?

What a riot.
None of those things makes Humanity "special" because no one Human knows how to understand what a non-Human is thinking or what their perspective is, all we have are really strong guesses but that's it.~

Yes we know as Humans we are capable of these things, but we are NOT SURE whether or not or non-Humans creatures are capable of these things or not.~ At least not yet.~

Old 10-01-2013, 01:34 PM

628 posts, read 1,042,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
Other than eyebrows and the hair on our heads my wife and I have been clean shaven for over two decades.
For us it simply feels clean and sanitary as opposed to the inevitable and noticeable odor of perspiration which occurs anyway but is significantly less without hair holding on to that scent.

We also shower twice a day everyday so we tend to keep extremely clean. Our house is very clean but not obsessively so.

It's a lifestyle of being very clean and very sanitary as it compares to the overall population's hygiene habits.
Actually the less hair you have the MORE soaked you will be in sweat, hair actually helps evaporate sweat from your body (think of "wind-shield-wipers"), but you may be right about the retaining the "odor" thing in the hairs.~

I'd also like to point out that in case others did not get as I did not at first: shaven DOESN'T make you CLEAN, and clean DOESN'T make you SHAVEN.~ These are two separate concepts, 'clean shaven' simply means you are BOTH 'clean' as in you WASHED yourself and you are 'shaven' meaning you SHAVED yourself.~
Just liked to clear that up.~

Old 10-02-2013, 12:34 AM

3,843 posts, read 3,668,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsWolf View Post
Actually the less hair you have the MORE soaked you will be in sweat, hair actually helps evaporate sweat from your body (think of "wind-shield-wipers"), but you may be right about the retaining the "odor" thing in the hairs.~

I'd also like to point out that in case others did not get as I did not at first: shaven DOESN'T make you CLEAN, and clean DOESN'T make you SHAVEN.~ These are two separate concepts, 'clean shaven' simply means you are BOTH 'clean' as in you WASHED yourself and you are 'shaven' meaning you SHAVED yourself.~
Just liked to clear that up.~
Now you're just being pedantic. Of all the things in the world with which to worry oneself, you pick this. How very odd.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:00 AM

828 posts, read 956,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Now you're just being pedantic. Of all the things in the world with which to worry oneself, you pick this. How very odd.
Yet, he's wrong. At least going by the dictionary definition. "Clean shaven" means to remove the entire beard, including hair on the neck.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:10 PM

9,783 posts, read 15,339,870 times
The trend for women to remove all their hair (except that on their head) is a little odd, although being of this generation I'm pretty used to it. I think permanent hair removal seems a step too far though.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:15 PM

2,726 posts, read 3,691,600 times
I shave the nape of my neck everyday as I think it is neater and looks much better than having scruffy neck hair appearing and waiting for the barber to take care of them.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:24 PM

828 posts, read 956,590 times
Cracks me up how many clueless people we have that think this is something new, when the reality is that it's been happening for centuries...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty