Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 07:24 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
They sell season specific apparel in the northern states for a reason you know.

To make money. Except for a hat and gloves, they are a waste of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 07:59 AM

389 posts, read 692,464 times
Quote:
I know that this question may be a little intrusive, and I sincerely apologize if it is.

However, last fall a girl in my university decided to regularly wear short sleeves and jeans when it was 45 F outside, and then kept on complaining that it was too cold. Well, if the weather feels cold shouldn't you be wearing something warmer. Either layer up or stop consistently complaining that its too cold outside . Seriously, you are an adult and should be responsible enough to know that 45 F typically demands a sweatshirt.

The same thing happened in March when a guy dared to wear shorts in 50 degree weather and whined that he needed pants a couple minutes later. I think its silly for girls and guys alike to under dress when its chilly outside, not Fashionable or Manly. Tell me what all of you think.
During my time in college, it was considered a macho thing for guys to under-dress in cold weather.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:08 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMe123 View Post
During my time in college, it was considered a macho thing for guys to under-dress in cold weather.
I do brave the cold and heat, but with appropriate clothing . Will not do it for a silly 10 minute dare. Wearing shorts in snow makes me want to pi**, which is embarrassing rather than "macho".

Old 12-19-2013, 08:12 AM

2,612 posts, read 5,585,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMe123 View Post
Finally, an explanation for the college guys in shorts in 20 degree weather. I've always wondered.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:17 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
It was 30 F yesterday and this hefty dude decides to wear shorts without a jacket and flip flops showing off ALL of his unshaven hair. I don't want to be a fashion police, and am OK with people wearing what they want. But seriously guys, extreme out of place stuff like this makes you look like a douche. Nobody is going to thing you are "tough and manly" because of this. They sell season specific apparel in the northern states for a reason you know.
I must say, you have some issues...

I remeber standing outside during college and it was in the 20's out, and some guy comes in shorts and a t-shirt and says something like "I am freezing!" to group group of his friends, I am thinking "why not just dress for the weather then?"

Many women in collge also wore those stupid running shorts or whatever they are around in the winter, they all act like they are going to/from the gym, but never do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty