U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 03:01 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,327,488 times

Advertisements

Marie, to be clear, when I mention that others can't smell my perfume, I mean that usually if I walk past one of my friends or family you can still smell a hint of my fragrance (not like the amount you get when someone bathes in their perfume and it travels feet in front of them). My job requires me to be close to people- not to mention I like to be able to smell my perfume too- and I CANNOT- which is the problem. Smelling the perfume slightly when you walk by or when you smell the area that you sprayed it is different from not being able to smell it at all... and I cannot smell it at all

At first I thought it was just me (because I had a cold a week or so ago), but when I had other people smell where I sprayed it (on my wrist and on my shirt), they couldn't smell a drop of it either. Strange.

I did find a creation date on both bottles that I've been through now and they were both only 3-4 months old. I called the actual company and asked if they reformulated, and they said no. They should be telling the truth... right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 03:36 PM

420 posts, read 552,214 times
Let me tell yall something. The only thing I read in this post was the word "perfume" which made me remember something. Every woman in my life is a perfume addict to the point where I don't even want them to wear fragrance anymore. I've smelled all sorts of notes or whatever from every corner of globe multiple times over. Wifey, her mother and sister keep Sephora in business. Apartment looks like the perfumania warehouse. Its to the point that I rather wifey not even use scented soap anymore if I can help it.

About a month ago I was in midtown NYC, and this middle aged Japanese woman walk past me leaving the trail of the most beautiful, mystical, feminine aroma I ever smelt in my entire life of living. Cant describe it but it was airy and "natural". It was a smell lacking whatever chemical inherent in all perfumes, because I've never smelt anything like it and I thought I done basically smelled everything. I wanted to stop and ask her what she was wearing, not to mention I wanted to have sex with her just off the aroma alone, but when I saw her face, she looked too damn angelic to talk to. Just letting some of you relationship-challenged females know that some strong pheromone like stuff out on the market. Get that.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:15 PM

12,544 posts, read 11,996,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by negativenancy View Post
Well I went back to the store today and they kind of acted like I was crazy, like they've never heard of a perfume not smelling. They did exchange my bottle for another... However this new bottle doesn't last either

Could they really have changed a perfume that's been around for years? This is frustrating!
Yes, they could have. It's unfortunate when it ruins a good fragrance, but there are plenty of others out there. If they give you a hard time at the counter, you can always say you'd like to use the refund to purchase something else, and ask for their help in selecting something new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty