U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 05:15 PM

2,073 posts, read 1,943,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Now here's a guy who definitely doesn't know any actual cougars!
LOL that's what I was just thinking...and also thinking he would definitely have no luck with them anyway! HAHAHA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 06:03 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,087,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Thank you - I'm nearly 52. My profile picture was taken about a year ago.

Don't smoke! Don't lay out in the sun or use tanning beds (I've done a bit of that over the years and I can see the damage, especially on my chest area). USE SUNSCREEN DAILY (I started that too late, but better late than never) and don't forget to put it on your hands. Get enough sleep. Reduce stress. Drink a glass of wine every day (my favorite part!). Be happy. And finally, you are what you eat, so eat good, natural foods. Oh, and speaking of that, don't stress too much about 10 -15 pounds of "extra weight." As you age, that little bit of "padding" will actually enhance your face.
Well, as a 67-year old guy it's a real comfort to know that my face is enhanced! Huh? Oh well.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:53 PM

40,888 posts, read 32,658,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
As Zsa Zsa Gabor once said, "As a woman, you have to choose between your fanny or your face. I chose my face."
LOL I love that - will have to remember that one.

Over time, the face becomes the focal point. That and, well, character, of course, and personality.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
Well, as a 67-year old guy it's a real comfort to know that my face is enhanced! Huh? Oh well.
Hey, as I tell myself all the time, "Well, just think what it might look like WITHOUT that little extra padding."

Funny, as a young woman, I always hated my round baby face. Now, I'm very grateful for it. And I have the distinct feeling that I'll be grateful a LOT longer than I was wishing it was slimmer. That's the plan, anyway!

Old 10-10-2013, 10:27 AM

23,903 posts, read 31,130,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
My exposure to everything is kind of limited.
Fixed that for you.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:56 AM

13,105 posts, read 17,640,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
As Zsa Zsa Gabor once said, "As a woman, you have to choose between your fanny or your face. I chose my face."
I happen to agree with Zsa Zsa ...

Old 10-10-2013, 05:49 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,563,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
And no one has more staying power than us Asians.
That cartoon was hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Or you can see how their parents, or grandparents have aged, and take a fairly good guess based on genetics.
Quote:
Lifestyle is at least as important as genetics, maybe even more important.
At some point you can't beat mother nature no matter what you do (unless you go under the knife).
We are talking about biology.....

Quote:
Thank you - I'm nearly 52. My profile picture was taken about a year ago.
Being a modest woman, all I have to say is - too much information and way too many paragraphs.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post

Being a modest woman, all I have to say is - too much information and way too many paragraphs.
Well, to each his or her own. I'm a pretty open person, and I come to this forum to discuss things and get to know people from all walks of life. So you just keep on doing what you're doing and I'll do the same and we'll both be happy.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:55 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,563,632 times
Quote:
Well, to each his or her own. I'm a pretty open person, and I come to this forum to discuss things and get to know people from all walks of life. So you just keep on doing what you're doing and I'll do the same and we'll both be happy.
Yes, you definitely are an open person. You would be great doing a talk show about all your
experiences, interior design ideas, courtships and beauty tips.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
Yes, you definitely are an open person. You would be great doing a talk show about all your
experiences, interior design ideas, courtships and beauty tips.
Thanks for the idea, but I'll just stick to these forums.

I could be wrong, but I think that one of the ideas about discussing things on forums such as this is to share ideas and experiences. At least it is for me. Not only do I share my own ideas and experiences, I also like reading the accounts of others. I learn a lot and explore new ideas and concepts often reading through these forums, and I enjoy it. In fact, I often enjoy your comments and posts (not all the time, but more often than not). But please feel free to put me on ignore if you don't care to read my posts. It won't hurt my feelings one little bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty