U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 01:18 PM

72,671 posts, read 64,140,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
OK, I guess that somewhere in the "State of Righteous Indignation" there are throngs of 50-year-old women who look like they are in their 20s without makeup. And next to that place is the fabulous Lost City of Gold.
This is your problem. You're defining cougars as 50+, while most others are defining them as 40-ish. By the time some women are pushing 60, they do get skin issues around the neck and upper chest.

OK, everyone, let's get on the same page. What's the working age definition for cougars on this thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 01:52 PM

11,023 posts, read 6,570,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is your problem. You're defining cougars as 50+, while most others are defining them as 40-ish. By the time some women are pushing 60, they do get skin issues around the neck and upper chest.

OK, everyone, let's get on the same page. What's the working age definition for cougars on this thread?
I would say the woman's age depends on the age of the men she is wanting to date. A 40 year old dating 20 year olds would be a cougar. But I wouldn't consider a 40 year old dating a 30 year year old a cougar. A 50 year old dating a 30 year old would be though.

So I guess I would consider a cougar a woman who is dating men 15-20+ years younger then her.

Old 10-05-2013, 01:58 PM

2,626 posts, read 2,113,543 times
I made the thread, and I don't know. I personally think 35+, but the Wiki entry suggests it starts at 30. I do not think of 30-year-old women as styled distinctly from women at least a few years younger.

Old 10-05-2013, 02:01 PM

6,449 posts, read 6,458,930 times
It's not really as much about their age in numbers...but rather the look...the fake "party" boobs, the botox freeze face, the tight revealing clothing etc...

Old 10-05-2013, 03:20 PM

8,509 posts, read 11,383,829 times
When I was 20, I didn't find anyone over 30 attractive or appealing. It was intriguing to think about it - I even asked a coworker who was almost 30 if he found 30s+ attractive at that point and he said yes. Now that I'm in the 30s, everyone including 40s are fair game. Never would've thought this would happen when I was 20.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:28 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,364,709 times
Now you've brought up the chest issue...

I have never sunbaked and you can bet I would've been covered every single day if someone had've told me how delicate the décolletage area is.

It is the only part of my skin I have issues with but fortunately a quick brush of powder brings it up fine, it's only a bit red looking.

No one used to talk about your décolletage back in the day, unfortunately. In fact, it seems to be largely ignored or just lumped in with the rest of your body.

Now I see the young ones, my friends daughter in particular going to the sunbed and saying "I cover my face". It aint gonna matter darling, you need to be covering your chest like it's made out of spun sugar...they still don't know, apparently, and they don't listen when you tell them.

My daughter had damage at 15...by which I mean, tan.

As good as it looks, unfortunately a tan is skin damage.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:31 PM

Cougars to me are not average 40+ women. They are what we refer to in Australia as "old slappers" who are desperate for a man, any man.

There is ALSO a whole group of women who are still active, attractive, sexy as hell, who aren't looking for anything.

I'm 47 and I don't class myself as a cougar or an old slapper, because I don't go hunting.

I look like a cougar, and I do all the sorts of things you imagine one would do (active social life, hangs out round inappropriate venues and gigs, talks to anyone) but my goal is not to get laid especially by a young guy.

I like me a silver fox. Sadly there are hardly any left. Does that qualify me as a cougar?

SF's are sexy as hell to me, and are easy to catch too, they are slower moving.

Young guys are just that - young guys. Why would I want a rude unfinished glass of plonk when I can have a fine aged wine?

Old 10-05-2013, 03:48 PM

27,248 posts, read 15,033,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Cougars to me are not average 40+ women. They are what we refer to in Australia as "old slappers" who are desperate for a man, any man.

There is ALSO a whole group of women who are still active, attractive, sexy as hell, who aren't looking for anything.

I'm 47 and I don't class myself as a cougar or an old slapper, because I don't go hunting.

I look like a cougar, and I do all the sorts of things you imagine one would do (active social life, hangs out round inappropriate venues and gigs, talks to anyone) but my goal is not to get laid especially by a young guy.

I like me a silver fox. Sadly there are hardly any left. Does that qualify me as a cougar?

SF's are sexy as hell to me, and are easy to catch too, they are slower moving.

Young guys are just that - young guys. Why would I want a rude unfinished glass of plonk when I can have a fine aged wine?
Awesome post!

I'm sure they are out there but I don't know any women in their 40's and 50's that are interested in men who are 15-20 years younger.

Yes, women still want to look good; they work out; hike, bike, box, and do Yoga. They continue to highlight their hair and wear make-up. They dress up for work if it's required. They still like to do interesting and different things. Getting laid by a 20 year old isn't one of them.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:48 PM

11,023 posts, read 6,570,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
No, you are definitely not a cougar. Cougars are specifically "older" woman who try to date guys that are much younger then them. Cougars used to be called cradle robbers.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No, you are definitely not a cougar. Cougars are specifically "older" woman who try to date guys that are much younger then them. Cougars used to be called cradle robbers.
Yeah so why are they discussed as though they are the norm?

Cos they're not.

I know a few women who y'all would class as "cougars" on first meeting.

One in particular has shocking blonde hair and dresses like she's 20. Dances like a maniac, every single song, all the while her eyes scan the room constantly like she's looking for something.

It's taken me a while to figure out she doesn't drink, doesn't speak to anyone at all, and is extremely short sighted - her "scanning" is simply scoping out the blur.

So there's fake cougars, to confuse the issue.

As far as older women who intentionally try to shag younger men? They exist, mainly on redtube I'm afraid.

Younger men just aren't all that (sorry guys).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty