Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 04:05 PM

809 posts, read 1,273,254 times

Advertisements

When will these older women accept that they are over the hill after crossing 40 and admit that the younger women have more youth and are prettier? Why even compete and debate? This is nuts, moms!

Don't we all look less attractive as we age??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 04:07 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yes, women still want to look good; they work out; hike, bike, box, and do Yoga. They continue to highlight their hair and wear make-up. They dress up for work if it's required. They still like to do interesting and different things. Getting laid by a 20 year old isn't one of them.

And if at 35 woman didn't do all this stuff, there would be posts complaining about how women of a certain age just give up on themselves.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:14 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i stopped reading here
This particular poster puts an awful lot of thought into womens' hairstyles.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
OK, I guess that somewhere in the "State of Righteous Indignation" there are throngs of 50-year-old women who look like they are in their 20s without makeup. And next to that place is the fabulous Lost City of Gold.
Just curious - what's "middle aged" or at what age do women become cougars in your opinion?

Old 10-05-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
They're not. Usually, actually, they're less classy in certain ways because they realize they have less to work with. I've heard women say that older women are more willing to just "cut to the chase and not play games" (if you know what I mean). Basically, if she wants to play games with the guy, he'll just decide it's not worth it and leave immediately.
OMG. Trust me when I say that if an older woman sleeps with a much younger guy, it's not because she's yearning for youth, or hoping for a deep and lasting relationship, any more than the guy is. It takes two to tango and two to play any sort of game. "Cougars" are no more likely to sleep around than any other age group - so why is it worse when they go for a quick tumble or want something less than some long term relationship?

I was single in my forties. I wasn't desperate, and I didn't have to put out in order to have plenty of dating and romance in my life. In fact, I wasn't even remotely INTERESTED in younger men, though I had several opportunities and offers. And I ended up marrying a man close to my age, who wasn't even remotely interested in younger women. In the interim, I dated whoever I wanted to and had a very full social calendar. In fact, my twenty year old son once exclaimed, "Damn, Mom - you got more game than I do!"

Most women in their forties are not particularly interested in younger men - they don't find them intellectually stimulating. And intellect is important in the long run.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:35 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
The thing I can't stand in older women is that they seemed to have taken care of only their face. I'm sure everyone has seen this, but a lot of older women have fairly good skin on their face (and may have also had facelifts because it's fairly smooth), but if you look at their neck or upper chest (not boobs, but the area above the boobs), it's all wrinkled and sun-spotted and disgusting.
Another excellent way to tell the true age of a woman is to look at her hands! They don't lie and people don't get lifts on them AFAIK. Ropy, veiny, mottled, spotted, wrinkled and the face doesn't look that old? ... hmm ... something is not right ... you get the idea. (Of course someone with a condition like certain types of arthritis can have hideous looking hands, so their hands can look older than they are.)

Old 10-05-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Cougars to me are not average 40+ women. They are what we refer to in Australia as "old slappers" who are desperate for a man, any man.

There is ALSO a whole group of women who are still active, attractive, sexy as hell, who aren't looking for anything.

I'm 47 and I don't class myself as a cougar or an old slapper, because I don't go hunting.

I look like a cougar, and I do all the sorts of things you imagine one would do (active social life, hangs out round inappropriate venues and gigs, talks to anyone) but my goal is not to get laid especially by a young guy.

I like me a silver fox. Sadly there are hardly any left. Does that qualify me as a cougar?

SF's are sexy as hell to me, and are easy to catch too, they are slower moving.

Young guys are just that - young guys. Why would I want a rude unfinished glass of plonk when I can have a fine aged wine?
Old slappers! Great sense of humor on you Aussies!

Old 10-05-2013, 04:37 PM

26,785 posts, read 22,537,314 times

I'd go with a lighter shade of lipstick though...

Old 10-05-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No, you are definitely not a cougar. Cougars are specifically "older" woman who try to date guys that are much younger then them. Cougars used to be called cradle robbers.
How much younger makes a woman a cougar?

Men 10 years younger?

15?

20?

Another question ... do cougars just date ... or do they marry their prey?

Another question ... at what age can a woman become a cougar ... hmmm ... okay just looked back over thread ... some are saying cougarhood can begin as low as 30 years of age ... uh oh ... that means ...

... if cougars marry not just date, I may be a cougar because my husband is 10 years younger than me!

OMG! I swear I never was an old slapper!

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 10-05-2013 at 05:00 PM..

Old 10-05-2013, 04:53 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,121,426 times
This whole thread has me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty