U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 05:20 PM

2,176 posts, read 864,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Cougar > Twerker any day of the week!
I don't think anyone finds miley cyrus attractive. Im in my 20's and think aniston is a goddess
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 06:34 PM

41,026 posts, read 32,712,180 times
Like I said on another thread - you have about ten to fifteen years MAX (depending on genetics and lifestyle) to be a "young adult." After that, due to our expanding life spans, IF WE'RE LUCKY we will be "middle aged" (over 35) for about thirty years before we're officially "elderly." What does that tell us?

Not sure what it tells you, but what it tells me is that we spend a lot more years in "middle age" than in "young adulthood" and most of those years are some of our most productive and active. Thirty years at a higher income (hopefully), and in more stable relationships (hopefully) and with more interesting careers, more discretionary income, etc.

So...if anyone thinks I measure my attractiveness, or my self worth, or my character, or my "sexiness" by how I was when I was in my twenties, or even in my thirties, well, all I can tell you is that I feel that OVERALL, I am much improved with age. Yes, the skin on my hands looks more weathered. The skin on my neck is not as firm as it used to be. My meassurements are no longer 36-24-36 (as they truly once were). But the thing is - and I know this may be difficult for younger people to accept as truth - THOSE THINGS DON'T MATTER, as other benefits and personal accomplishments fill those slots in our lives. No, I don't look good in a bikini anymore, but honestly, I don't give a rat's ass. That has NO BEARING whatsoever on my personal happiness. Would I trade my relationships with my four grown kids, or with my adorable grandchildren, for those fleeting good looks? Heck no.

In fact, I'm much happier, and much more confident, now in my early fifties than I ever was in my twenties or thirties. That's the TRUTH. Not only that, but I'm confident about my looks. I honestly don't care if some twenty or even thirty year old man thinks I'm "hot." In fact, I'd be bemused if I found that out - and slightly horrified. When it comes to attractiveness, it's honestly more important to me that my grandchildren find me vibrant and interesting and exciting and attractive in my own MiMi way, than what young strangers think of me.

I think that's called "maturity." Of course, I thank my parents for instilling in me early on that looks are superficial, and that character is what really matters in the long run.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:54 PM

529 posts, read 567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is your problem. You're defining cougars as 50+
No, I'm not. You said that, not me. If you want to say "40-year-olds," I'm still laughing. I mean, unless you know some really rough 20-year-olds.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:56 PM

529 posts, read 567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I made the thread, and I don't know. I personally think 35+, but the Wiki entry suggests it starts at 30. I do not think of 30-year-old women as styled distinctly from women at least a few years younger.
If someone is 30 and is a "cougar," then they must be banging 5-year-olds.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:26 PM

9,862 posts, read 13,207,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Agreed. The models appeared more natural and more authentic.

[figuratively and literally]
That was a very politcally correct way to state it.

Most I see are quite attractive and have quite a bit of augmentation to look that way.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:58 PM

6,461 posts, read 6,103,442 times
Cougars do not look better than many younger women. They do look more attractive than some young women who don't take care of themselves.

BTW Retin-A or Tretinoin on the neck and hands increases the collagen there and takes away dark spots/wrinkles. I use it on my face, neck, hands , and upper arms and have no sagging or wrinkling. I had acne and have used it for decades. Also, use sunscreen everyday.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:06 PM

72,787 posts, read 64,231,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
OK, I guess that somewhere in the "State of Righteous Indignation" there are throngs of 50-year-old women who look like they are in their 20s without makeup. And next to that place is the fabulous Lost City of Gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth
This is your problem. You're defining cougars as 50+

Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
No, I'm not. You said that, not me. If you want to say "40-year-olds," I'm still laughing. I mean, unless you know some really rough 20-year-olds.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:08 PM

72,787 posts, read 64,231,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Cougars do not look better than many younger women.
There's variety among "cougars" just as there is among any age group. Some "cougars" look the same as younger women. Some look like "older women". There are all kinds. Don't believe the cliche images you see on TV. In any case, most women of "cougar" age have no interest in younger guys. Unless maybe they're married and are looking for a fling. Sorry to burst some peoples' bubble.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:22 AM

3,138 posts, read 3,959,269 times
Here's a Cougar for you guys. Maybe the Ultimate Older Woman. Apparently, she's coming back onto the market. Her "Very wealthy..." husband is divorcing her and trying to take her kids... This was Mrs. World, a while back. She was apparently arrested for DWI, by the excellent PoPo in my old town. Normally, she hangs with the Country Club of Jackson Set. The CCOJ Set normally get away with vehicular murder and mayhem all the time: except when they go outside their city. Anyway, she was just leaving a trendy bar one town over, meeting with her "Tennis Friend", and somehow got lost in Madison. I love how she goes from lecturing the cops on what monsters they are, and how horrible and mean the town is, to explaining (or pretending) that the Mayor is a dear old friend of hers. Priceless...
Booking I - YouTube
I'm posting this, because I know most of you Cougar-lovers will want to go get the paper towels, before running the video... I know the pat-down will get your fantasies going.
Best line (with much subtle sarcasm) : "You Mrs. World? That yo last name?"

Old 10-06-2013, 06:07 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,300,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I was thinking about women's hairstyles I like and then noticed some of them were more popular decades ago. Then while out shopping, I automatically looked at some underdressed jailbait. My thought soon turned to, maybe some men prefer cougars in part because they often have a classy, femme style. As compared to the too-often trashy style of today's young women, where looking sexy seems based more on blatant stuff and less via hair. (I'm not actually into cougars, if anyone is wondering, and I think Kathy Ireland had and still has awesome hair.)

Am I right?
I've been accused of being a cougar (but I'm not) because I do seem to attract younger men in their 20's and 30's (I'm 50) but you kind of have to wade through the bs and get down to why they are really attracted to you. Most of the time it has to do with "Mommie" issues or just a challenge to them but no 30 year old wants to be married to a 50 year old so remember that ladies when you're being flattered to death.

And about the hair.......well, I think you have a point there. I have long blond hair and I'm sure that's part of the attraction. If I were to cut it all off and dye it blue like my grandmothers did then all the clammering would stop I'm sure. Men are all about the visual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty