U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 07:00 AM

452 posts, read 542,641 times

Advertisements

Last year, a woman plopped herself down beside (almost on top of) my husband. She proceeded to explain to him that she was a "cougar" (the whole time, I was ROLLING listening to her tirade...she wasn't aware of anyone else's existence). He listened, then asked "What's a cougar?". She told him how she loved younger men, blah blah. After about 10 minutes of rhetoric, he asked her what made her a cougar. She said, well, I'm in my 40's and I like men younger. That's when I almost fell over laughing...he's 58. You should have seen the look on her face when she realized he's almost 15 years older than she was.
(sorry for the hijack)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 08:56 AM

420 posts, read 549,406 times
Love cougars. When I was a lil kid I wanted to make luv to Phylicia Rashad of the Cosby show.. this is back when my peers were thinking about getting a peck on the cheek from her tv daughter Rudy.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:47 AM

41,034 posts, read 32,728,581 times
OMG if young men knew exactly how few older women are interested in them, they'd probably be shocked. Most older women would be bemused and slightly horrified at the very idea of bedding a much younger man, let alone actually having a long term relationship with one. Yuck.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OMG if young men knew exactly how few older women are interested in them, they'd probably be shocked. Most older women would be bemused and slightly horrified at the very idea of bedding a much younger man, let alone actually having a long term relationship with one. Yuck.
From where I stand, I don't think that true at all. I can remember being 19 and how it much easier it was to get 'friendly' with a woman in her 40s than a girl my own age. Maybe they would up a front in public because of societal or whatever other reasons, but I don't think THAT many women are turned off by the notion.. especially if they're childless.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:01 AM

41,034 posts, read 32,728,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAM NYC View Post
From where I stand, I don't think that true at all. I can remember being 19 and how it much easier it was to get 'friendly' with a woman in her 40s than a girl my own age. Maybe they would up a front in public because of societal or whatever other reasons, but I don't think THAT many women are turned off by the notion.. especially if they're childless.
OK. I bet I have more honest discussions with more older women than you do, but keep on telling yourself that.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OK. I bet I have more honest discussions with more older women than you do, but keep on telling yourself that.
I'm sure you do.. but I'm sure that findings from dinner table discussions and those from years of actual practice can't be compared.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:18 AM

2,651 posts, read 2,120,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
I've been accused of being a cougar (but I'm not) because I do seem to attract younger men in their 20's and 30's (I'm 50) but you kind of have to wade through the bs and get down to why they are really attracted to you. Most of the time it has to do with "Mommie" issues or just a challenge to them but no 30 year old wants to be married to a 50 year old so remember that ladies when you're being flattered to death.

And about the hair.......well, I think you have a point there. I have long blond hair and I'm sure that's part of the attraction. If I were to cut it all off and dye it blue like my grandmothers did then all the clammering would stop I'm sure. Men are all about the visual.
Er, mostly about the visual You're indicating that older women have more youthful hairstyles than they did a few decades ago, and I agree. Meanwhile, younger women have shifted toward expressive styles, including bangs, which I think used to be found most often on women over age 40.

Also, could people in this thread please stop sparring with each other?

Old 10-06-2013, 10:24 AM

13,120 posts, read 17,664,361 times
Okay if I was not married the youngest man I would date is 40 tops ....Im 52 so does that or would that make me a cougar ? Im in very good shape and everyone thinks im so much younger than what I really am .I would have no interest in a man younger than 40 yrs old if I were single .

Old 10-06-2013, 10:48 AM

47 posts, read 56,045 times
Default Lovely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
Cougars have wrinkled skin. So one needs to turn the lights off and mathematically imagine deduct 10-15 years.
And how old are you, Junior? Methinks you don't have much difficulty with fantasizing in general. How's that wrist holding up?

Old 10-06-2013, 10:50 AM

47 posts, read 56,045 times
I am cougar, hear me GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty