U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 11:19 AM

41,026 posts, read 32,712,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAM NYC View Post
I'm sure you do.. but I'm sure that findings from dinner table discussions and those from years of actual practice can't be compared.
I have the advantage of BOTH perspectives, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 11:27 AM

420 posts, read 549,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Okay if I was not married the youngest man I would date is 40 tops ....Im 52 so does that or would that make me a cougar ? Im in very good shape and everyone thinks im so much younger than what I really am .I would have no interest in a man younger than 40 yrs old if I were single .
No interest now for sure, but let that 30ish dude start sending you those flowers or start holding that door for you while giving you 'the look', and we'll see how long you sing that song.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:52 PM

7,960 posts, read 17,606,711 times
I think "cougars" can vary from those who are looking for a fling to those who are want a long-term relationship. Some ladies feel "young at heart" and want to be with a guy with relative "youthful" enthusiasm. Ladies of "a certain age" who are at their sensual peak may also want to be with a guy who is closer to his.

Whether a older woman looks "better" is certainly in the eye of the beholder. Some relatively younger ladies appreciate subtle signs of age on an older guy; it can be similar with some younger guys regarding older women. Some ladies may be more successful with pulling off a "younger" fashion sense than others. Then, there are some ladies who simply dress "their age" and attract guys who like that.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAM NYC View Post
No interest now for sure, but let that 30ish dude start sending you those flowers or start holding that door for you while giving you 'the look', and we'll see how long you sing that song.
When I was in my mid forties, I was single again (divorced, kids all grown and out of the house, in good shape, with a great job and no debt). I got hit on, and pursued hotly in fact, by several younger men - in their twenties and thirties. Good looking, nice bodies, single with no kids...but it didn't matter. Sorry, but they didn't interest me in the LEAST. I thought it was actually laughable and never even CONSIDERED going out with them, in spite of their pretty insistent pursuit.

I was too busy dating men between the ages of 40 and 55. MUCH more interesting in my personal opinion, and plenty attractive. Even better, they had established careers, were consistently more well traveled and well read, and politically and socially very savvy. I love being with someone who is my equal or my equal PLUS a bag of chips! I love sharing musical and societal tastes and common experiences as well.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:27 PM

One thing people need to consider - with younger people, you really have no idea how well they're going to age. With people over, say, age 40, you have a much clearer idea of a person's "staying power."

Old 10-06-2013, 01:39 PM

4,187 posts, read 4,215,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
One thing people need to consider - with younger people, you really have no idea how well they're going to age. With people over, say, age 40, you have a much clearer idea of a person's "staying power."
And no one has more staying power than us Asians.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:20 PM

3,491 posts, read 5,359,935 times
If I ever had the chance, I wouldn't mind dating Famke Janssen....im only in my 20's but Gosh knows that wont ever happen....but in real life I generally go for girls that are younger than me.Im not into cougars.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:39 PM

14,657 posts, read 29,715,764 times
I think there is a big difference between what people call a "cougar" and and older woman with a younger man. To me a cougar is a woman of about 40-something who purposesly dresses sexy and goes to clubs with the sole purpose of luring a younger man for a fling. But there are older women who attract much younger men on a totally different level.

I am married to a bit younger man, have always liked younger men. If I weren't married I would entertain companionship with much, much younger men, I love them. I communicate with all ages. Not saying I would marry one, but certainly could have fun with one. I know other women who feel that way also. To me, age is nothing but a number, it's personality what counts. I am too old to be a "cougar' but would not consider myself one anyway. It's just not my style.

And by the way, I am personally GLAD there are younger men here who can appreciate what an older woman has to offer. And many of us are more fit than some women half our age.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:09 PM

420 posts, read 549,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
When I was in my mid forties, I was single again (divorced, kids all grown and out of the house, in good shape, with a great job and no debt). I got hit on, and pursued hotly in fact, by several younger men - in their twenties and thirties. Good looking, nice bodies, single with no kids...but it didn't matter. Sorry, but they didn't interest me in the LEAST. I thought it was actually laughable and never even CONSIDERED going out with them, in spite of their pretty insistent pursuit.

I was too busy dating men between the ages of 40 and 55. MUCH more interesting in my personal opinion, and plenty attractive. Even better, they had established careers, were consistently more well traveled and well read, and politically and socially very savvy. I love being with someone who is my equal or my equal PLUS a bag of chips! I love sharing musical and societal tastes and common experiences as well.
Well I saw your pic, I'd probably test the waters with you as well, but if you turned me down.. I'm not crying for long.. because in my experience, theres at least 2 more similarly ripened and beautiful women for each Aragon that rejects me.

Let me ask you this.. do you find ANY men in their 20s or 30s attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
And no one has more staying power than us Asians.
Ha! Man that pic is funny as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I think there is a big difference between what people call a "cougar" and and older woman with a younger man. To me a cougar is a woman of about 40-something who purposesly dresses sexy and goes to clubs with the sole purpose of luring a younger man for a fling. But there are older women who attract much younger men on a totally different level.
Hmm. Truth.

Quote:
I am married to a bit younger man, have always liked younger men. If I weren't married I would entertain companionship with much, much younger men, I love them. I communicate with all ages. Not saying I would marry one, but certainly could have fun with one.
We love you too and feel the same way about you.

Quote:
I know other women who feel that way also.
See Ms Aragon? The proof is in the pudding.

Quote:
by the way, I am personally GLAD there are younger men here who can appreciate what an older woman has to offer. And many of us are more fit than some women half our age.
Pics or you lie.
Also.. intriguing name. I picture you all mystical, with boho dress on and scarf wrapped around head. Love those types.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:22 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,087,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Younger men just aren't all that (sorry guys).
Doesn't bother me, perhaps because I'm 20 years older than you are.

As for so-called "cougars" (a term for them that's relatively new), I find them rather pathetic. Just as I would never consider myself a "silver fox," hair color notwithstanding, neither would I consider a woman of any age who is obviously on the prowl at all interesting. Truth be known, I would find her needy and off-putting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty