Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 04:46 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,389,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There's variety among "cougars" just as there is among any age group. Some "cougars" look the same as younger women. Some look like "older women". There are all kinds. Don't believe the cliche images you see on TV. In any case, most women of "cougar" age have no interest in younger guys. Unless maybe they're married and are looking for a fling. Sorry to burst some peoples' bubble.
I am almost 40, female, and take great care of myself. Do I look as good as I did at 18...no. You really can't believe that 35+ aged women look as good as a 20ish year old who takes care of herself.

Are older women attractive...of course. But are they "better" looking? Possibly.

I was actually asked if I was a cougar by some male teens while on a girl's trip. I threw up a bit in my mouth. Ewww!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 05:19 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAM NYC View Post
Well I saw your pic, I'd probably test the waters with you as well, but if you turned me down.. I'm not crying for long.. because in my experience, theres at least 2 more similarly ripened and beautiful women for each Aragon that rejects me.

Let me ask you this.. do you find ANY men in their 20s or 30s attractive?

Oh, don't get me wrong - I find many men of many ages to be attractive physically. But then, I've never been one to be too loose with my favors, if you get my drift. I'm definitely relationship oriented vs fling oriented. I'm extremely monogamous and prefer adventure within the stability and trust of a long term, monogamous, committed relationship, preferably marriage. So with that in mind, I just never could see myself settling into such a relationship with a man who was much younger than me.

Now when I was single in my forties, I did date men who were a few years younger than me, but even then I just wasn't that "into it." I just seemed to naturally fit with men my age or a little older - it just felt right. And since I was having a marvelous time, why mess with what was working for me? I eventually met and married a man who is five years older than me, but who, like me, has a bent for excitement and adventure and who knows how to live well. I just didn't find much of that in younger men.

For starters, men who were in their thirties often didn't have kids, and I was DONE with having kids. No matter how much they told me that didn't matter, I just had a feeling that it WOULD matter down the road and I didn't want to deal with that drama later, in my late forties or early fifties, when some twenty five year old was wandering into their line of vision and dreaming of nurseries and baby names. Why set either of us up for that impasse? And like I said, I was in it for the long haul, not a fling.

Other men in their thirties had little kids, and like I said, I was done with that. And I didn't particularly want to "co parent" with some other woman. As it was, my husband had a preteen child when we married, just one, but that was more than enough. It wasn't the boy who was the issue, not at all - it was dealing with his mother all the time that wore me out. I was glad to get all that behind me when he graduated and actually began acting like a young man, independent of his mother, a couple of years ago. Whew!

But as you can tell, I am not talking about adventurous little flings. Not interested. No man is gorgeous enough to justify the potential drama to me.

Besides that, my grown sons are 20, 24, and 26, and my daughters' husbands (both gorgeous hunks) are 30 and 32. So...something about contemplating relationships with someone in those age ranges just feels really, really icky to me! LOL

Old 10-06-2013, 08:46 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
One thing people need to consider - with younger people, you really have no idea how well they're going to age. With people over, say, age 40, you have a much clearer idea of a person's "staying power."
Or you can see how their parents, or grandparents have aged, and take a fairly good guess based on genetics.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Or you can see how their parents, or grandparents have aged, and take a fairly good guess based on genetics.
Lifestyle is at least as important as genetics, maybe even more important.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:55 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,362 times
Quote:
Lifestyle is at least as important as genetics, maybe even more important.
But in the end, both can be killers!

Old 10-09-2013, 11:44 AM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
The ones who say "you're old therefore not as attractive" just make me LOL.

Fortunately, your tastes change as you get older.

What seemed HOT to me 20 years ago (Johnny Depp) now just seems tragic (Johnny Depp).

We want George Clooney and Sean Bean when he's off the bottle, not Justin frikkn Bieber.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
The ones who say "you're old therefore not as attractive" just make me LOL.

Fortunately, your tastes change as you get older.

What seemed HOT to me 20 years ago (Johnny Depp) now just seems tragic (Johnny Depp).

We want George Clooney and Sean Bean when he's off the bottle, not Justin frikkn Bieber.
All I can say is AMEN, SISTER!

Old 10-09-2013, 12:22 PM

809 posts, read 1,273,371 times
I think Kathryn Aragon looks nice. Are you in the older than 40 demographic by any chance? If yes, you have aged well and this kind of older women look always good.

There is a fair share among the older than 40 women which ages badly. Could be genetical.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
I think Kathryn Aragon looks nice. Are you in the older than 40 demographic by any chance? If yes, you have aged well and this kind of older women look always good.

There is a fair share among the older than 40 women which ages badly. Could be genetical.
Thank you - I'm nearly 52. My profile picture was taken about a year ago.

Don't smoke! Don't lay out in the sun or use tanning beds (I've done a bit of that over the years and I can see the damage, especially on my chest area). USE SUNSCREEN DAILY (I started that too late, but better late than never) and don't forget to put it on your hands. Get enough sleep. Reduce stress. Drink a glass of wine every day (my favorite part!). Be happy. And finally, you are what you eat, so eat good, natural foods. Oh, and speaking of that, don't stress too much about 10 -15 pounds of "extra weight." As you age, that little bit of "padding" will actually enhance your face.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:07 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Thank you - I'm nearly 52. My profile picture was taken about a year ago.

Don't smoke! Don't lay out in the sun or use tanning beds (I've done a bit of that over the years and I can see the damage, especially on my chest area). USE SUNSCREEN DAILY (I started that too late, but better late than never) and don't forget to put it on your hands. Get enough sleep. Reduce stress. Drink a glass of wine every day (my favorite part!). Be happy. And finally, you are what you eat, so eat good, natural foods. Oh, and speaking of that, don't stress too much about 10 -15 pounds of "extra weight." As you age, that little bit of "padding" will actually enhance your face.
As Zsa Zsa Gabor once said, "As a woman, you have to choose between your fanny or your face. I chose my face."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty