U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-11-2013, 02:54 PM
 
828 posts, read 956,013 times
Reputation: 1689

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Did the OP say he was gay? If he did I missed that. Saying that someone is gay because they want something to carry their non-gay stuff in is just showing your ignorance.

Did I say anything about the OP? Must have missed that part...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-11-2013, 03:34 PM
 
11,023 posts, read 6,570,281 times
Reputation: 19964
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbex View Post
Did I say anything about the OP? Must have missed that part...
The poster that you responded to was talking about another poster who said the OP seemed gay for wanting a "man bag." You defended the poster that said the OP seemed gay by saying gay is gay.

Unless you are just randomly reply to posts without knowing what the conversation is about, then yeah you were referencing the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2013, 03:47 PM
 
828 posts, read 956,013 times
Reputation: 1689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
You defended the poster that said the OP seemed gay by saying gay is gay.

Unless you are just randomly reply to posts without knowing what the conversation is about, then yeah you were referencing the OP.

Without knowing what the conversation is about? Hey pot...come over here, I've got a kettle I'd like you to meet!

I was referring to the part I quoted... "and people still think certain things are gay." as if implying that nothing today is gay. I merely gave an example of something that is gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2013, 03:56 PM
 
11,023 posts, read 6,570,281 times
Reputation: 19964
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbex View Post
Without knowing what the conversation is about? Hey pot...come over here, I've got a kettle I'd like you to meet!

I was referring to the part I quoted... "and people still think certain things are gay." as if implying that nothing today is gay. I merely gave an example of something that is gay.
So you completely go off topic... and someone is supposed to be able to follow what you are talking about?

Obviously gay people are gay. That is not what was being said though. The OP was being called gay because he wants a "man bag." Someone should not be considered "gay" for wanting to keep their stuff organized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2013, 04:21 PM
 
Location: Kansas
19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times
Reputation: 18141
That would be great because then my husband could lug around the coupons, band-aids, anti-biotic stuff for cuts, the foldable cup, the aspirin, the hand sanitizer........... No wonder my shoulder gets sore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2013, 11:42 AM
 
12,654 posts, read 12,071,712 times
Reputation: 17287
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
That would be great because then my husband could lug around the coupons, band-aids, anti-biotic stuff for cuts, the foldable cup, the aspirin, the hand sanitizer........... No wonder my shoulder gets sore.
Why does he need to carry all that stuff around? Seriously, antibiotic stuff for cuts? Band aids? What, he frequents a junk yard or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2013, 05:09 PM
 
748 posts, read 1,356,436 times
Reputation: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Why does he need to carry all that stuff around? Seriously, antibiotic stuff for cuts? Band aids? What, he frequents a junk yard or something?
Could be wrong but I don't think HE carries it around. I think she means the idea of a man bag would be great so he could lug around all the stuff that SHE CARRIES. We women carry many a thing in our bags and some times that includes band-aids and antibiotic stuff. Maybe she just wants a break from carrying all the things she needs to on a daily basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2013, 06:57 PM
 
Location: East Coast
2,878 posts, read 4,389,285 times
Reputation: 4180
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Okay...it's kind of gay. Just being honest.
::::shaking my head here::::
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2013, 07:32 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn New York
15,229 posts, read 23,749,578 times
Reputation: 19847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
So you completely go off topic... and someone is supposed to be able to follow what you are talking about?

Obviously gay people are gay. That is not what was being said though. The OP was being called gay because he wants a "man bag." Someone should not be considered "gay" for wanting to keep their stuff organized.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2013, 09:50 PM
 
9,316 posts, read 13,844,848 times
Reputation: 9354
I carry my phone in one pocket, my change and my wallet in another, my keys and a verizon jetpack in a jacket pocket, and sometimes I have my tablet in the arm of the jacket. Who needs a man bag? (though when I commute I have a Swiss Army computer backpack, like everyone else in NY it seems)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top