U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 11:13 PM

758 posts, read 763,355 times

Advertisements

A good quality “Man Bag” will lend you a European look. Back pack is more practical IMO and gives you better posture especially if you have a lot of stuffs which can get quite heavy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 08:10 PM

4 posts, read 3,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
If a guy needs a bag to carry around his stuff in, then he should carry one! Unless you're just a running quick errand it seems reasonable most guys would have more items they would like to take with them than will fit in their pockets. Unless the bag was pink and covered in glitter, I wouldn't think it was feminine at all and hey if that's what he likes, then who cares? Some people spend way too much worrying what other people think.
I agree. I don't know why people have to get hung up on societal perceptions. It's just a bag!

Old 10-28-2013, 02:29 PM

9,112 posts, read 5,673,869 times
I would love to have a Saddlebackleather bag but it's just too costly at the moment. Shop Leather Backpacks | Saddleback Leather Co.

So for now I carry a 5.11 Tactical Rush MOAB bag. I really hate having the tacti "cool" look and even in black it still has it but for the price it works. I do like the fact it has a hidden pocket for a firearm, for the times I can carry it on my person.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:40 PM

18,434 posts, read 28,549,275 times
My bf carries a wallet and a cell phone....in his pocket. Wallet in the back, cell in the front. I have never seen him have the need for much more unless he has a camera, and then he has a camera bag for that. His receipts go in his wallet. Change in his pocket, keys in the pocket.

I never used to carry a purse either. I had my keys, atm card and id and that was it.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:22 PM

8,812 posts, read 9,635,219 times
Cargo pants with jacket or suit coat.
https://www.google.com/search?q=carg...2F%3B478%3B640
Great for traveling , hands free.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:26 PM

2,581 posts, read 5,483,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethe View Post

Why do you need all that sh-z.

Backpacks do the same function if you really do need all that.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:48 PM

5,538 posts, read 8,198,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
My bf carries a wallet and a cell phone....in his pocket. Wallet in the back, cell in the front. I have never seen him have the need for much more unless he has a camera, and then he has a camera bag for that. His receipts go in his wallet. Change in his pocket, keys in the pocket.

I never used to carry a purse either. I had my keys, atm card and id and that was it.
Cargo pants work well if a guy needs to carry some extra stuff.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:42 AM

97 posts, read 223,816 times
Pinkantari is correct.
Men don't need all that much.
They don't carry a purse load of crap like most of us sometimes do.
WALLET/WRISTWATCH/WEDDING RING/CELLPHONE/KEYS/Loose change, etc /SMALL COMB.
The four pockets that are traditional in mens' trousers are more than adequate for this task.
The only things that go in a guy's pockets are WALLET in one back pocket, keys in one front pocket, cellphone in another front pocket, a comb and maybe a ballpoint pen in either front pocket. The other rear pocket can serve for loose change. Some guys do like their loose change to go in a front pocket.
Still, there is more than enough room in those traditional four trouser pockets.
Gentlemen who wear blazers & jackets have the interior jacket pockets for such things as boarding passes, tickets, passport, etc.
Men who play tennis, or golf or even those who bowl, have related gear which handles everything one could imagine as far as storage/zipper pockets on those specific equipment carry bags.
Traditional shorts also have the four standard trouser pockets.
Even running shorts have one ample zipper pocket that carries most everything one might need while running.
Tennis shorts have the standard four trouser pockets and the two front pockets have openings large enough for tennis balls.
Just what is the need for a doofus manbag?
Briefcases are more than functional for business and professional needs.
One does not need those hideous cargo shorts and cargo pants UNLESS one is a CARPENTER/CONSTRUCTION WORKER/etc and needs to carry screws and nails and fasteners, etc.
One can see the functionality for them, or perhaps the ORANGE/CAMO hunting attire with cargo pockets, as there is need there.
Guys just don't need to carry that much stuff. Any guys that need bags to carry their makeup and hairbrushes and hairspray, etc might need to rethink because they don't need to carry all that stuff.
Portable stereo devices are tiny today. It isn't as if the guy needs to carry around five or six 8track tapes or cassettes, or even CD's.
So what do they need the massive pocket space for? their bottle of Mad-Dog, MD-20/20, or 1/5 of Jack Daniels, or three "oil cans" of FOSTERS beer or five Budweiser cans?
Yeah, the sloppy slob, baggy cargo shorts/cargo pants look makes most guys, especially those who are poorly groomed and don't shave daily, look like homeless people who might live under a bridge in a cardboard box tent. Yeah, the wrinkled (un-ironed) baggy, sloppy homeless look on guy with a manbag for all his stuff. I guess the manbag is needed since SAFEWAY & KROGER shopping cart wranglers don't usually allow people to take the shopping cart.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:11 AM

9,112 posts, read 5,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Richards View Post
Pinkantari is correct.
Men don't need all that much.
They don't carry a purse load of crap like most of us sometimes do.
WALLET/WRISTWATCH/WEDDING RING/CELLPHONE/KEYS/Loose change, etc /SMALL COMB.
The four pockets that are traditional in mens' trousers are more than adequate for this task.
The only things that go in a guy's pockets are WALLET in one back pocket, keys in one front pocket, cellphone in another front pocket, a comb and maybe a ballpoint pen in either front pocket. The other rear pocket can serve for loose change. Some guys do like their loose change to go in a front pocket.
Still, there is more than enough room in those traditional four trouser pockets.
Gentlemen who wear blazers & jackets have the interior jacket pockets for such things as boarding passes, tickets, passport, etc.
Men who play tennis, or golf or even those who bowl, have related gear which handles everything one could imagine as far as storage/zipper pockets on those specific equipment carry bags.
Traditional shorts also have the four standard trouser pockets.
Even running shorts have one ample zipper pocket that carries most everything one might need while running.
Tennis shorts have the standard four trouser pockets and the two front pockets have openings large enough for tennis balls.
One does not need those hideous cargo shorts and cargo pants UNLESS one is a CARPENTER/CONSTRUCTION WORKER/etc and needs to carry screws and nails and fasteners, etc.
One can see the functionality for them, or perhaps the ORANGE/CAMO hunting attire with cargo pockets, as there is need there.
Guys just don't need to carry that much stuff. Any guys that need bags to carry their makeup and hairbrushes and hairspray, etc might need to rethink because they don't need to carry all that stuff.
Portable stereo devices are tiny today. It isn't as if the guy needs to carry around five or six 8track tapes or cassettes, or even CD's.
So what do they need the massive pocket space for? their bottle of Mad-Dog, MD-20/20, or 1/5 of Jack Daniels, or three "oil cans" of FOSTERS beer or five Budweiser cans?
Yeah, the sloppy slob, baggy cargo shorts/cargo pants look makes most guys, especially those who are poorly groomed and don't shave daily, look like homeless people who might live under a bridge in a cardboard box tent. Yeah, the wrinkled (un-ironed) baggy, sloppy homeless look on guy with a manbag for all his stuff. I guess the manbag is needed since SAFEWAY & KROGER shopping cart wranglers don't usually allow people to take the shopping cart.
Your forgetting a firearm, spare mag, a knife, a flashlight, spare batteries for the light. For those of us that wear contacts, extra contacts , and solution, sunglasses. A way to carry lunch, coffee , water , I also keep an MRE with me, and a couple of protein bars, cell phone, charger, kindle.
I work 37 miles away so I need to bring more than just my keys, wallet and cell phone, plus I'm a little bit of a prepper and carry enough with me in just in case I need to walk home in a SHTF situation. To each thier own though.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:47 PM

391 posts, read 889,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Richards View Post
Compared to a cloth or leather bag, a briefcase is rigid, boxy and cumbersome. It's not something that I want to pack on the subway, train or bus when going to and from work. A close fitting bag that I can hang on my shoulder is much more comfortable and easier to maneuver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty