Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 01:37 PM

16,401 posts, read 30,811,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATCAT View Post
If you don't know men who carry a lunch, day planner, or umbrella around, you should really get out into the world more.

I guess you really do have the "small town blues".
Uh, no. That's not what you call small town blues. I have lived and visited many big cities and I never see men using a man bag. The ones I have seen using them were clearly gay.

There are just some things straight guys shouldn't do. Flip flops and man bags are two of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 02:45 PM

18,359 posts, read 31,439,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Uh, no. That's not what you call small town blues. I have lived and visited many big cities and I never see men using a man bag. The ones I have seen using them were clearly gay.

There are just some things straight guys shouldn't do. Flip flops and man bags are two of them.

guess you haven't been to NYC and brooklyn latley, I see men carrying bags everyday.

gay straight and everything inbetween

Old 04-02-2014, 02:48 PM

1,136 posts, read 936,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
guess you haven't been to NYC and brookly latley, I see men carrying bags everyday.
Yeah, not really. I've walked all over NYC and not seen many guys carrying bags. You must be around some really gay men.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:20 PM

23,921 posts, read 10,282,201 times
My father carried on as long as I can remember. Mandarina, Aigner (the real stuff not Belk special), some handmade ones. I waited for hand me downs and got his last (never used) one when he passed away.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:38 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,654,884 times
Who cares if someone carries a bag? gay or straight what concern is their sexual preference to me or anyone else? Didnt doctors back in the day carry a bag around? So what, we supposed to scream out "*** bag that dudes a homo!" every time we see some guy carrying a bag around, smalltownblues? Amazing how many obviously homophobic guys are hanging around in the fashion/beauty section of CD.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Who cares if someone carries a bag? gay or straight what concern is their sexual preference to me or anyone else? Didnt doctors back in the day carry a bag around? So what, we supposed to scream out "*** bag that dudes a homo!" every time we see some guy carrying a bag around, smalltownblues? Amazing how many obviously homophobic guys are hanging around in the fashion/beauty section of CD.
Wow, I'm in the fashion/beauty section of CD! Clearly that means I'm gay, or so I assume that's what your comment meant. Which would mean you have some preconceptions about fashion and beauty as relates to men, right? So that would make you a homophobe, eh? And here you are in the fashion and beauty section of CD. Probably with a purse.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:51 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,654,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownblues View Post
Wow, I'm in the fashion/beauty section of CD! Clearly that means I'm gay, or so I assume that's what your comment meant. Which would mean you have some preconceptions about fashion and beauty as relates to men, right? So that would make you a homophobe, eh? And here you are in the fashion and beauty section of CD. Probably with a purse.
yep you got all defensive just as i figured you would. nice trolling.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
yep you got all defensive just as i figured you would. nice trolling.
Notice how he had nothing to say in rebuttal? That's what happens when you use a homophobic joke to try to make a point, huh?

Old 04-02-2014, 04:00 PM

508 posts, read 660,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
Keeping stuff in your pockets is uncomfortable and just inconvenient.
Actually there is a whole syndrome that is caused by men carrying wallets in their back pockets.

Piriformis syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am female and I don't carry a purse - it's just something to lose.

It drives me crazy that so few women's clothes have anything approaching usable pockets. Sometimes they have really small shallow pockets that stuff falls out of the first time you sit down. I want real, deep, capacious pockets like in men's trousers!

I never get them except when I make my own clothing though.

Regardless, if someone wants to carry a purse, shoulderbag, "briefcase" with shoulder strap, backpack (which is my personal choice these days) - whatever. I don't care. Man or woman, more power to you, do what's most convenient for you. Why should I care?

Old 04-02-2014, 04:12 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,407,463 times
The only Man bag that I'm aware of is your "Ruck" or "Kit", and maybe you're Gorrilla Trunk. The rest is fluffy and FU FU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty