Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 09:01 AM

91 posts, read 402,053 times

Advertisements

I've seen a couple girls wearing like almost all black , or black pants, and a brown belt and tucked in shirt or short shirt...

They were obviously doing it on purpose, thinking they were cool being so mismatched , and they wanted other people to think that they didn't care what other people thought of them.

I hate that.

I don't mind if a person wears a brown belt with black pants if they're not doing it on purpose. But if you put time and energy into looking like that, you are probably an attention seeker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 09:02 AM

2,612 posts, read 5,585,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTimeForLove View Post
I've seen a couple girls wearing like almost all black , or black pants, and a brown belt and tucked in shirt or short shirt...

They were obviously doing it on purpose, thinking they were cool being so mismatched , and they wanted other people to think that they didn't care what other people thought of them.

I hate that.

I don't mind if a person wears a brown belt with black pants if they're not doing it on purpose. But if you put time and energy into looking like that, you are probably an attention seeker.
Don't know what exactly you saw of course, but in general mixing brown and black is very "in" right now, and matchy-matchy is very out.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:24 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
No black is the absence of color and brown is a neutral. Most think black has a cool feeling to it. Only with blue under tones. A black with red under tones is warm. Purple undertones neutral. A brown can also have warm or cool colors. Intermingle cools and neutrals is fine. Warms and neutrals are fine. In art there are rules. But going away from the rules is art itself.

If you don't like it look away. Creation is for the artists who wears it. Also think of the colors that make brown. When you add blues it gets darker add yellows or oranges it gets brighter.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:31 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,098,381 times
I wear brown and black together ALL the time. It's cute. Matchy-Matchy is not. Get over yourself. If you don't like it, don't look at it.
The END!

Old 10-03-2013, 02:30 PM

91 posts, read 402,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
I wear brown and black together ALL the time. It's cute. Matchy-Matchy is not. Get over yourself. If you don't like it, don't look at it.
The END!

Wow, it was only like 5 years ago when girls would say things like "It really frustrates me when guys obviously don't put 2 minutes into what they wear. Like when they wear brown shoes or belt with black pants. It drives me nuts"

Now its cool? Ok..

I'm no fashionisto, but even I realize black and brown do not go together. Think of a tree. The brown looks fine with green. But if there was a black owl sitting on the bench, it doesn't look right, it's scary. But if its night time, it's ok b.c everything is shaded black.

Old 10-03-2013, 03:22 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Wow, it was only like 5 years ago when girls would say things like "It really frustrates me when guys obviously don't put 2 minutes into what they wear. Like when they wear brown shoes or belt with black pants. It drives me nuts"

Now its cool? Ok..
I think it depends on the outfit. All these outfits look nice, and put together even though they are mixing brown and black.

http://lavieboston.files.wordpress.c...ic-outfits.jpg
http://ramshackleglam.com/blog/wp-co...mples-copy.jpg

Quote:
I'm no fashionisto, but even I realize black and brown do not go together. Think of a tree. The brown looks fine with green. But if there was a black owl sitting on the bench, it doesn't look right, it's scary.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:46 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
OK, I don't know why this thing bothers you so much. It doesn't bother me at all.

If you regard this as a no no, then simply don't wear the look yourself.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:59 AM

455 posts, read 898,368 times
Quote:

Now its cool? Ok..

I'm no fashionisto, but even I realize black and brown do not go together. Think of a tree. The brown looks fine with green. But if there was a black owl sitting on the bench, it doesn't look right, it's scary. But if its night time, it's ok b.c everything is shaded black.
I don't wear brown with green precisely because I don't want to look like a tree...

Old 10-04-2013, 11:34 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,098,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaydrive00 View Post
i think it depends on the outfit. All these outfits look nice, and put together even though they are mixing brown and black.

http://lavieboston.files.wordpress.c...ic-outfits.jpg
http://ramshackleglam.com/blog/wp-co...mples-copy.jpg
exactly!

And also, just the other day, I saw an interview with the actor Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad and he was wearing a brown suit with a black shirt and brown tie and looked great. It all depends on the outfit

Old 10-04-2013, 12:53 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,136 times
What a strange thread.

A guy being so bothered by the color of a women's belt?

I don't think I'd ever notice anything as insignificant as this. And a man wearing brown shoes with black pants = no issue either.

And I honestly think if the woman really wanted attention, she'd wear a yellow, red or green belt with black. That is eye-catching!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty