U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 02:50 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,839,362 times

Advertisements

Definitely try a primer and also primer the lower lid area too. That helps some. I have oily lids so mine always smears. Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner was the best UNTIL I started using Tarte's Amazonian clay gel eyeliner. That stuff wouldn't budge for me. They just don't have a ton of colors.

Mostly everyone I know swears by Urban Decay's primer, however, I prefer Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Whatever works for you and your budget.

Because I didn't start wearing makeup really until a few years ago, forget liquid eyeliner. LOL. I couldn't do it and no matter how long I waited for it to dry, it'd get all over. Gel eyeliner and a brush (as in like a paint brush) did wonders for me. I had so much more control. And with the gel, you can tap small dots instead of swiping if you don't want to and then connect the dots....versus one swipe with liquid. You can smudge it too if you'd like. But know that it will set pretty fast. Not a ton of play time.

I definitely think gel eyeliner is the best way to go if you don't want to do pencil eyeliner. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 09:33 AM

8,694 posts, read 8,941,485 times
I don't apply liquid liner in one swipe. I make a small one at the lash line, then build it up from there depending on how thick I feel like making it that day. Some days I wing it out in the corners, some days I don't.

But I have been using liquid liner since the 80s, so it has become second nature to me, and I find any other kind to be cumbersome.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:01 AM

41,446 posts, read 33,160,107 times
OP are you wanting that distinct eyeliner line? Have you tried the smoky eye look, using black or charcoal or deep deep blue or espresso brown eye shadow applied with a very small tipped applicator? I switched from liquid to this about ten years ago and I love it. You can go as subtle or as dramatic as you want, with a very thin or very thick line, and smudge it a lot or leave it pretty distinct if you use the right shadow. Believe it or not, my favorite is a cheapie - CoverGirl. About $3.50, available everywhere, and it lasts forever - I mean like YEARS AND YEARS. I just found some on super sale and bought two, and now I'm probably set for the next twenty years and I'm not kidding!

CoverGirl Queen Collection 1 Kit Eyeshadow, Black Tie Q150 | drugstore.com

Old 10-11-2013, 11:28 AM

4,652 posts, read 6,178,816 times
This is my all-time favorite eye-liner - I like it even better than the gel eyeliners from BB and MAC - it lasts all day and comes in 39 colors

24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil - Urban Decay | Sephora
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty