U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 02:15 PM

811 posts, read 981,601 times

Advertisements

You also have no idea some women look uber hot and give new perspective to the dudes with spex.

Duchamp girl alternates between contacts and glasses and she looks hot in a different way each time.

To me, that's a plus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 09:01 PM

40,981 posts, read 32,696,264 times
I alternate between glasses and contacts - I usually wear contacts for only a few hours a day, if at all. Contacts are expensive and they're also a hassle. I have very comfortable contacts that I change out when I'm supposed to, but even so, I've gotten an eye infection a couple of times and that's NO FUN AT ALL.

My glasses are frameless and super light and they're nearly invisible, which is really cool. They're super comfortable and they never make my eyes tired or dry. I really couldn't care less whether anyone else "prefers that I wear contacts." Frankly, they can kiss my arse - I'm paying for all this and I'll wear what I like.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:29 PM

4,754 posts, read 4,093,775 times
Because I would never want to stick something onto my eye. <shudder>

Old 10-07-2013, 11:00 PM

1,913 posts, read 1,675,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Because I would never want to stick something onto my eye. <shudder>
I think that's my best answer too. But glasses do make most people look more intelligent.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:29 PM

4,089 posts, read 5,502,748 times
Are you kidding? Glasses are a fashion accessory now, and it's not just in China that people are wearing fakes. Look at Jenny McCarthy wearing her big oversized geek frames on The View every day. She never wore glasses before!

Old 10-08-2013, 08:46 AM

5 posts, read 20,509 times
As for my allergic eyes, even a hypoallergenic contact lenses are bad for me
So I wear my glasses and it became a part of my style )) When my friends saw me several times without them, they told me that I look much better with glasses on me

Old 10-08-2013, 09:16 AM

17,263 posts, read 14,829,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Why would anyone wear glasses when they have the choice to wear contacts?

I have seen several people lately wearing contacts (who normally wear glasses) and it has made a huge improvement in their looks.
Some guys like them. To my brother, seeing a woman in glasses is like seeing her in lingerie! Once my niece wanted to send him pics of her with different glasses to help her decide which to get, and he said "You're my daughter, I can't look at you in glasses"!

I wear reading glasses, and although I hated having to at first (I had perfect vision until I turned 40) now I have fun with them and have all kinds, from animal print to hand-painted with flowers, etc.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:51 AM

903 posts, read 2,158,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Why would anyone wear glasses when they have the choice to wear contacts?

I have seen several people lately wearing contacts (who normally wear glasses) and it has made a huge improvement in their looks.
I have a problem with my eyes watering a lot and contacts just don't work for me.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:58 AM

224 posts, read 322,794 times
I have glasses that I can wear, but I don't really need them. I wore them out in public a few times and strangers always come up and start talking to me. I guess I seem more approachable with glasses or something. So, I don't usually wear them anymore...

Old 10-08-2013, 10:22 AM

9,783 posts, read 15,345,327 times
I've worn glasses for short-sightedness since I was 15. I briefly tried contacts for a few months when I was about 21, but I had trouble putting them in and taking them out, and my eyes would always end up all red. It was a big hassle as well, so from then on I decided to just stick with glasses. They'd also sometimes come out at the most inopportune moments. I think there's less of a negative stigma towards being a 'four-eyes' these days and I couldn't care if there was! I've thought about doing the laser thing, just to have the freedom of having needing glasses I guess, but am still a bit worried about the risk. Maybe one day, but I don't feel any rush to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty