Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 10:40 AM

912 posts, read 1,524,926 times

Advertisements

I had LASIK eight years ago for my extreme near-sighted vision...over the last three years, my (always) dry eyes kept getting drier and drier, no matter what I did. Eventually, I started to notice that I was squinting a bit while driving/looking far away. Last year, I had an ocular migraine, an experience that makes you think you've developed a brain tumor or something equally awful...and when I went to the optometrist, I was informed that I had developed astigmatism likely in part due to my severe dry eyes. So I am nearsighted again, though not nearly to the extent that I was before.

I wear glasses exclusively because my eyes are just too dry for contacts, and you know? I really love my glasses. I've considered getting some disposable contacts for really dressy events or just whatever else, but so far I've had no problem either wearing my glasses to a fancy event or just going spec-free. But then again, my vision really isn't too bad, so that's an option for me that might not be for many others.

I think glasses, much like hairstyles and clothing, can look wonderful or awful depending on the style and the person. Find something that suits you and that you like, and glasses are "spec"-tacular! (Sorry, had to...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 11:04 AM

364 posts, read 708,343 times
By wearing glasses, I look more sophisticated/intelligent and therefore I can charge my client more money (Just kidding!)

I wear glasses because they are easy to put on and take off.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:22 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,767,546 times
one word: astigmatism.
It is very difficult to find the right contacts for me.
Plus people said I look good in glasses.
Bonus point: people usually tend to look more intelligent with glasses. In my field, it is essential to look smart especially when you meet clients, vendors and investors.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:29 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Glassses come in so many shapes, sizes, colors, brands....very cool.
I can't touch my eye freaks me out. Just got glasses in my early 30's. Only need them for reading.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:14 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I alternate between glasses and contacts - I usually wear contacts for only a few hours a day, if at all. Contacts are expensive and they're also a hassle. I have very comfortable contacts that I change out when I'm supposed to, but even so, I've gotten an eye infection a couple of times and that's NO FUN AT ALL.

My glasses are frameless and super light and they're nearly invisible, which is really cool. They're super comfortable and they never make my eyes tired or dry. I really couldn't care less whether anyone else "prefers that I wear contacts." Frankly, they can kiss my arse - I'm paying for all this and I'll wear what I like.
My contacts are toric lenses made for astigmatism, and they are MEGA expensive. The cheapie deals don't ever apply to them. Therefore, they are mostly cost-prohibitive. My glasses aren't cheap, either, but they're the better deal and last longer, and I just look better and feel better in glasses.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:19 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,292,531 times
I have had glasses since I was 9, contacts since I was 13. I wear glasses now and then mainly to give my eyes a break as contacts really dry them out! On the weekends I often wear glasses the whole time.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:40 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,025,445 times
I don't feel like dealing with contacts.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:15 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
a man with shaved head, tight beard and glasses is hot, oh wait, I was just looking in the mirror.

I don't think I could get contacts in, I just don't think so. Glasses for up close...................glasses are just easier.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:36 AM

4,948 posts, read 18,693,429 times
look how every one wanted the glasses Sara Palin had on.
I also vote for glasses to see and there are so many cool frames

Old 10-09-2013, 11:49 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,292,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
a man with shaved head, tight beard and glasses is hot, oh wait, I was just looking in the mirror.

I don't think I could get contacts in, I just don't think so. Glasses for up close...................glasses are just easier.
Contacts are really a lot easier to put on than many people think. I learned at age 13 and I was one who never thought I could never touch my eye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty