U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 07:00 PM

2,759 posts, read 3,317,165 times

Advertisements

Won't do Lasik (sp?). You can't wear makeup for a while after the surgery; gotta wear my makeup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 09:08 AM

4,878 posts, read 4,578,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I have astigmatism and I also cannot fathom even the thought of putting something on my eyeball.

I don't think people look bad with glasses at all. I actually think some people look better with glasses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogie down View Post
A) I can't put contacts in my eyes, for some reason. I blink too much and the eye doctor had no solution beyond practicing at home. I realized that it's not NATURAL to put foreign objects in my eyes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by themoderate View Post
No way will I ever be able to put contacts in. Whenever I go to the eye doctor I can barely stop blinking enough to get my eyes dilated.
Plus it just seems like a lot of work compared to glasses.
Probably wouldn't get Lasik either, that thing they have to put on your eye to keep it open....uugggghhh can't think about it.
Thank you, I thought it was only me. I can't even put eye drops in my eyes.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:17 AM

8,683 posts, read 8,883,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
Thank you, I thought it was only me. I can't even put eye drops in my eyes.
I can't either. When I MUST use drops (like allergy season), I pull the lower lid to the side and put the drops in there. Drops hitting my eyeball? NO WAY! The "air puff" test they do at the eye doctor for cataracts is awful, too. UGH. I have only allowed my eyes to be dialeted ONCE and the drops part was torture!

I do still wear contacts though! That is second nature to me.

(not saying everyone can, just saying I have the same issues/fears as many and it is still possible)

Old 10-10-2013, 09:34 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,084,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
Oh yes they do.
People also do it here in the US

Old 10-10-2013, 10:00 AM

2,731 posts, read 3,704,118 times
I have progressive, transition rimless and I have loved them. I have never tried contacts ( wife has worn hard lens since age 8) but had hay fever and stratched my eyes too much. My frames came from Austria(Silhouettes) and were not cheap ( I bartered down the price) but they have been the best. Much better than the Armanis I have had in the past.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:19 PM

2,759 posts, read 3,317,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Man, and those frames were dreadful, too.
If you want to see dreadful frames, find some from the 1970s. OMG ...

Old 10-10-2013, 06:29 PM

1,463 posts, read 1,816,714 times
I can't put anything in my eyes! I tried contacts.
I think I look better with glasses anyway.
Men with glasses? Wow yeah SEXY!!!!
It's your opinion that people are better looking without. I think that seemed like the "thing" for awhile, YEARS ago. Not anymore. Glasses are so "in". I know so many people who want to wear them, who even HOPE they need them! I've worn them since I was 7, I'm so used to them. If someone says I should get contacts to look better? Too bad. You don't like how I look? Why the hell should I discomfort myself to please some random douche? I bet something about the way you look blows loads, but are you gonna change for me? Probably not. Too bad. People aren't put on earth to please you visually. You'll have to get over it, hon

Old 10-10-2013, 09:44 PM

35,827 posts, read 39,473,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
This! Not everyone can wear contacts! I also have dry sensitive eyes!

I have tried everything my eyes cant tolerate anything. Are dailies better.

What brand do you use when you wear contacts
Most recently, Cooper Vision's Proclear Toric, for astigmatism. Previously, Bausch & Lomb's Soflens66 Toric, which were 66% water...I believe that one has been rebranded under a different name, though.

Both are the best I've found for chronically dry eyes, but neither is great.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:50 PM

4,878 posts, read 4,578,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
If you want to see dreadful frames, find some from the 1970s. OMG ...
plus the 1980's but hold onto them, they're making a comeback.

http://jaydeanhcr.files.wordpress.co...lson.jpg?w=470

http://mlblogsvineline.files.wordpre...ay-glasses.jpg

http://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/659....289192177.jpg

Old 10-10-2013, 11:29 PM

6,108 posts, read 6,210,982 times
I stopped wearing contacts when I moved to my current area. I have had so many eye infections in the last two years it's ridiculous. I didn't wear them that often before, though. I could never get them in if it was too early in the morning and I see better with my glasses, anyway. Plus, I think I look better with glasses than without.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty