U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 09:50 PM

10,577 posts, read 6,827,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Why would anyone wear glasses when they have the choice to wear contacts?

I have seen several people lately wearing contacts (who normally wear glasses) and it has made a huge improvement in their looks.
1) Glasses are very convenient. Putting them on takes moments. Taking them off takes moments. I buy them and the only care they need is a wiping down every second or third day.

2) I couldn't possibly care whether or not you think I look better without them.

I've seen several of your threads and I notice you're generally mystified at the fact that other people have subjective preferences that differ from your own. You might want to consider the fact that you don't seem to be able to even understand the fact that your own preferences are merely that - preferences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 10:48 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,212,024 times
Well,glasses hide aging of the eye area very well. It hides my deep tear trough deformity and dark circles well,esp the new geeky,hipster type glasses.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:02 PM

26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sminthian View Post
they make their eyes bigger. So, for me at least, glasses are usually a turn-on.
This only works if you are farsighted. For nearsighted people, glasses make your eyes look smaller.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 10-12-2013, 12:41 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,493,639 times
Me peepers need some glasses sometimes. I like the frames from the mid-90's.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:29 AM

2,632 posts, read 2,115,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
This only works if you are farsighted. For nearsighted people, glasses make your eyes look smaller.
Huh?

I got contacts because I didn't want to wear glasses. Later I got Lasik. Both went pretty smoothly.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:35 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,361,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Huh?
jade408 is right. The refraction of the lenses use for treating farsightedness serve to magnify how large your eyes and eye area look behind them, but the refraction of the lenses used for treating nearsightedness have the opposite effect. They make your eyes and eye area behind them look smaller. If you are nearsighted, your lenses minimize your eyes to some degree (quite a bit, for high prescriptions), and if you are farsighted, they make your eyes look visibly larger. For farsighted folks, their glasses lenses will not hide eye-area aging and imperfections...they will magnify them. Whereas with nearsighted glasses lenses, things like crow's feet or puffy undereye areas will be minimized due to the properties of the lenses.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:48 AM

1,373 posts, read 2,361,398 times
I hope by the end of this thread I can find great contacts. I dont like glasses.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:38 PM

303 posts, read 403,229 times
I like my glasses. Contacts always bothered me, all my friends complaining about them all the time. My glasses don't really get in the way, I think they're a lot more convenient. I've never wanted contacts. Plus, my SO thinks my glasses are cute so it works out.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:54 PM

26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
I hope by the end of this thread I can find great contacts. I dont like glasses.
I am severely nearsighted and have an astigmatism. I have monthly disposable contacts. They are fine most days. Maybe every few months I need to add drops during the day due to dryness. I was also one of the weirdos who had no problem putting in contacts the first time.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:35 PM

2,868 posts, read 2,844,129 times
Have worn hard contact lenses since my teens (Dr told me my eyes would not be good for soft). Glasses since childhood. Switch to glasses when have been wearing contacts all day and eyes are tired/drying out. Usually wear contacts at work, out and about. Am near-sighted and therefore can read extremely well without correction. Usually wear glasses when switching from reading to doing something else and back to reading. Otherwise need reading glasses to read when wearing contacts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty