U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 02:24 PM

410 posts, read 422,893 times

Advertisements

If the sun is out and wind isn't an issue, 60 and up.

reason: I live in Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 02:38 PM

1,657 posts, read 2,421,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
I'll bet you don't live in the humid, hot, south. We, male and female, go sleeveless when we want to, regardless of the little line on the thermometer.
I have lived in the south my entire life and pretty much the only men I ever see wearing sleeveless are rednecks in wife beaters. I don't even own any sleeveless shirts. I have a number of the "Dry Fit" type polo/golf shirts that feel almost like you don't even have a shirt own they breathe so well. I start wearing those as soon as the highs hit the mid 70's consistently.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:51 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,425,623 times
Here in Memphis, men going sleeveless isn't really accepted. I see it in the gym, but that's a different thing completely. People dress conservatively in the South, even in summer. Polo style shirt and khaki shorts are pretty standard. Maybe it's different out in the countryside. Most things are

Old 10-07-2013, 02:55 PM

6,647 posts, read 4,107,512 times
I don't think I have a set temperature that I wear sleeveless. Usually when its in the mid 70s or above I'll wear sleeveless outside. I like to wear dresses, so since a lot of them are sleevless, it gets a little uncomfortable wearing a cardigan over then when it is 70s out.

Inside if I'm just wearing lounge around the house clothes, I normally wear a tank top year round.

Most of my work out shirts have sleeves. I can only think of one shirt that I have that is sleeveless. Its in rotation for outside wear anytime its about 60 degrees, and year round inside.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:32 PM

11,882 posts, read 8,599,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Most of my work out shirts have sleeves. I can only think of one shirt that I have that is sleeveless. Its in rotation for outside wear anytime its about 60 degrees, and year round inside.
Don't sleeves uncomfortable when you lift weights. They really bind the motion of my arm, especially when I want to pump up 110 pounds on the vertical traction machine. I also have only 1 sleeveless workout shirt, but wear it whenever I plan to continuously lift heavy weights for a long time.

My Gym is maintained around 71 F year round, hence that is the temperature I am accustomed to working out inside, no matter what I wear. I never wear Sleeveless while working out in the winter, but rest of the year, it is a feasible option.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I don't even walk my dogs if it is colder than 60 .
Wow, that's weird. I am considered to have low tolerance for cold compared to other Jersey Folk. Looks like your ability to withstand chill is well below mine, which is a rare sight .

Old 10-07-2013, 04:45 PM

22,765 posts, read 26,989,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I would like to know at what temperature all of you feel comfortable wearing sleeveless Clothing :
  1. At home
  2. While going Outside (Work, Attending Classes, Shopping, Eating out at a Restaurant, Ect. )
  3. While working out
My Answers:
  1. At home: I switch over to sleeveless T-shirts as soon as the temperature touches 76 F (25 C)
  2. Outside: I am a guy. Hence, I try to hold off as much as possible. However, anything above 95 F (36 C) compels me to wear sleeveless T-shirts or suffer from the consequences of heat rash .
  3. Working Out: Around 71 F (21 C)
Guys should not ever wear sleeveless other than at the gym, at the beach, or at home.

Anywhere else is just gross.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Guys should not ever wear sleeveless other than at the gym, at the beach, or at home.

Anywhere else is just gross.
Honestly, I never do it outside the Gym or home unless the heat is extremely unbearable. Why are you criticizing me of doing so .

Also, when its extremely hot, I would rather avoid a heat rash than think about what other feel about the way I dress. In NJ 95+ F is very rare happens at most 3 days a year. I try to avoid going outside on such days, but would not care to change if I needed to go out very briefly.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:19 AM

7,101 posts, read 21,932,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
In NJ 95+ F is very rare happens at most 3 days a year. I try to avoid going outside on such days, but would not care to change if I needed to go out very briefly.
And what would you do if it went over 95 for days at a time, year after year? And maybe over 100 with a heat index of 110 or more?

What works in one area of our country is not suitable for others. Also, some of these responses apply only to men.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
And what would you do if it went over 95 for days at a time, year after year? And maybe over 100 with a heat index of 110 or more?
Those conditions are similar to summers in India. So, I would not hesitate wearing sleeveless at all . I would just regularly cleanse my arms and underarms with coconut oil and apply sandalwood heat resistant powder like I used to do during my childhood days in India to remain clean and fresh after a long hot day of work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty