U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 11:22 AM

8,175 posts, read 7,844,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Not all women. Check out previous posts. There are several women with low cold tolerance levels.

It all depends on one's health habits. I never eat any meat. However, I consume a lot of pulses and rice. So my body has lots of carbs and protein to keep me energetic, but not much fat to keep me warm.
That would be me! Anything under 60 is cold, and I live in the midwest! (not for much longer YAY!) I am happiest on a 100+ degree day

I also eat a vegetarian diet, but I don't know if that really has anything to do with my low tolerance for cold. When I sleep, OTOH, I am always burning up! Go figure.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:34 AM

19,014 posts, read 16,759,799 times
It's not that vegetarians can't eat and thus become fat, too I guess it is just a myth that vegetarians are less robust so to speak. There are ironmen that are even vegan

Although I have been vegetarian for 27 years now, my hands and feet are the only parts of my body that are a bit prone to feel cold, which is unpleasant enough. If I did not have a job where I have to be seated all day long, it would be no issue, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 08:04 PM

9,783 posts, read 13,830,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Never heard of that. Colder skin?! Maybe that's where the association woman-snake comes from
Yes I think their greater distribution of fat makes them better adapted at keeping warm. Also where the 'cold hands, warm heart' thing comes from, maybe there's truth to it lol.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:12 PM

11,882 posts, read 9,487,159 times
Anybody here like wearing sleeveless clothes even if its a little chilly outside.

I know there are women up north who wear sleeveless as soon as it hits 55 F, and could care less if they feel comfortable or not. They just need to show off some skin when the sun shines.

However, from my side, its a treat to the eyes .

Old 10-10-2013, 07:52 AM

1,229 posts, read 994,752 times
Quote:
I would like to know at what temperature all of you feel comfortable wearing sleeveless Clothing :
  1. At home
  2. While going Outside (Work, Attending Classes, Shopping, Eating out at a Restaurant, Ect. )
  3. While working out
My Answers:
  1. At home: I switch over to sleeveless T-shirts as soon as the temperature touches 76 F (25 C)
  2. Outside: I am a guy. Hence, I try to hold off as much as possible. However, anything above 95 F (36 C) compels me to wear sleeveless T-shirts or suffer from the consequences of heat rash .
  3. Working Out: Around 71 F (21 C)
I'm also a guy and I never have and never will wear sleeveless anything.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
I'm also a guy and I never have and never will wear sleeveless anything.
I usually wear sleeveless as an undershirt when I go outside.

However at home or while going to sleep in the summer, I almost always wear sleeveless. It feels so much more comfortable for me, and nobody will criticize me for how I look.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I am happiest on a 100+ degree day
When I sleep, OTOH, I am always burning up! Go figure.
So Elle, you want to go to the moon and be the first person to live there. You will have 100 C (212 F) highs and -180 C (-292 F) lows. You might also be an interesting homo sapien test specimen for us rocket scientists and engineers . We will test our latest lunar suits, sensors, and survival equipments on you after achieving the intended factor of safety. Visit this link to learn more about lunar climates, and devise your survival plan.

Lunar Temperature - Lunarpedia

Old 10-12-2013, 01:32 PM

Alright, looks like its time to shut down this thread since cooler weather has settled across most of the US and most people will no longer feel comfortable wearing sleeveless clothes till Mid May of 2014. Nice to hear replies from all of you.

I will revive this thread next year early in June.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:42 PM

10,236 posts, read 12,701,894 times
Quote:
I would like to know at what temperature all of you feel comfortable wearing sleeveless Clothing :
  1. At home
  2. While going Outside (Work, Attending Classes, Shopping, Eating out at a Restaurant, Ect. )
  3. While working out
My Answers:
  1. At home: I switch over to sleeveless T-shirts as soon as the temperature touches 76 F (25 C)
  2. Outside: I am a guy. Hence, I try to hold off as much as possible. However, anything above 95 F (36 C) compels me to wear sleeveless T-shirts or suffer from the consequences of heat rash .
  3. Working Out: Around 71 F (21 C)

Home ~ Around 80; however, 80 indoors feels a lot different to me than 80 outdoors.
Outside ~ Around 78.
Working out ~ In winter I still prefer long sleeves.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:47 AM

Let me add a twist to this question. Do you like wearing sleeveless clothes, and if so, would you sacrifice your comfort to wear what you like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty