U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 09:41 PM

338 posts, read 322,430 times

Advertisements

About 75 for the cutoff (sleeveless) T-shirts. Has to be at least in the mid-80s before I'll start sporting the wifebeaters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2014, 11:46 PM

3,280 posts, read 3,564,518 times
I have never casually worn sleeveless clothing in my life and I don't plan on it. I have worn Triathlon race suits, but not to just sit around the house.

I don't see the advantage vs a T-shirt.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:03 AM

11,882 posts, read 10,565,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
I have never casually worn sleeveless clothing in my life and I don't plan on it. I have worn Triathlon race suits, but not to just sit around the house.

I don't see the advantage vs a T-shirt.
Its a lot more comfortable in bed . I hate T shirt sleeves bunching up at the shoulders.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:11 AM

11,882 posts, read 10,565,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
If you are male, then my answer is never. A tank top is possible if you are at the beach, but otherwise, nobody wants to see your hairy pits.
If you have got the arms there is nothing wrong. Also, hairy pits are not unhygienic. Dirty ones are, and I can avoid that by taking a good shower.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:47 AM

338 posts, read 322,430 times
Quote:
"I have worn Triathlon race suits, but not to just sit around the house."
Oh, I don't know. My Nike racing suit was quite comfortable when driving through southeastern California, Arizona and New Mexico on a string of 110+ degree days 3-4 Julys ago. Was en route to Omaha on business and decided to go the scenic route, and the car's air conditioner died before I got out of the Silicon Valley. Slip a pair of jeans over if you need to get out and you'll certainly look better than some of the lifeforms down there (CA). You do what you have to do to survive.

Though under normal circumstances I usually don't wear one if I plan to venture very far from the swimming pool.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:58 PM

8 posts, read 21,805 times
Default I'm a Guy and I Love to go Sleeveless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Guys should not ever wear sleeveless other than at the gym, at the beach, or at home.

Anywhere else is just gross.
I would disagree big time. I love seeing a guy in a nice sleeveless button-down shirt with a pair of nice slacks. I go sleeveless in public all the time in a bright-colored sleeveless polo shirt tucked into sone very colorful skinny pants, or a sexy, manly, sleeveless western shirt with contrasting piping and a colorful yolk. I tend to get noticed quite a bit by women, who tend to smile and laugh when they see me wearing such colorful sleeveless outfits. Going sleeveless is all about showing my nice, smooth, freckly shoulders in public in a very brave, bold, and daring style!
Attached Thumbnails
Temperature at which you start wearing Sleeveless Clothing-image.jpg   Temperature at which you start wearing Sleeveless Clothing-image.jpeg  

Old 03-01-2016, 11:50 PM

25,529 posts, read 24,254,649 times
I would rarely if ever go full-on sleeveless in an office setting even here inland in SoCal, where it gets above 95 and often, above 100 for months at a time. I just don't think it's appropriate.

As for other settings: any short- or no-sleeved option is one I'd do when, well, it's warm enough (to me) to do it. I tend to be chillier than most people around me. So I don't have fashion dictate this for me, but how I actually feel. If I'm chilly, I don't do tank tops even if every single woman around me has a tank top on.

With that said, I'm no fashion maven, so...maybe don't listen to me.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:34 AM

14,554 posts, read 11,555,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleevelesswimp View Post
I would disagree big time. I love seeing a guy in a nice sleeveless button-down shirt with a pair of nice slacks. I go sleeveless in public all the time in a bright-colored sleeveless polo shirt tucked into sone very colorful skinny pants, or a sexy, manly, sleeveless western shirt with contrasting piping and a colorful yolk. I tend to get noticed quite a bit by women, who tend to smile and laugh when they see me wearing such colorful sleeveless outfits. Going sleeveless is all about showing my nice, smooth, freckly shoulders in public in a very brave, bold, and daring style!
this gave me my first smile of the day, thank you hahahaha, had to show this to my hubby... who will no doubt be looking for one of those hahaha Priceless and what this forum needs..

Old 03-02-2016, 12:33 PM

25,529 posts, read 24,254,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleevelesswimp View Post
OMG...

Uncle Harry?? Uncle Harry, is that you??????

(Sorry, have to beat down on the newbies, it's a tradition! You do you.)

Old 03-02-2016, 10:38 PM

615 posts, read 381,859 times
where do live where you have to figure this out? im in cali and as soon as its sunny which is pretty much most of the year lately I wear sleeveless....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty