Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 05:48 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,398,311 times

Advertisements

What is an indicator (men's) shoes are too wide?

Will they hurt across the top of the foot (across the laces)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 05:55 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Usually, when they are too wide, they are too loose to hurt.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:36 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
The problem may not be wide or narrow. My younger son's feet are higher on the top of the foot and we have to be careful since the style of the shoe has to allow for that. I would try on several types of shoes. With our son, slip on shoes seem to work better.

Old 01-10-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The problem may not be wide or narrow. My younger son's feet are higher on the top of the foot and we have to be careful since the style of the shoe has to allow for that. I would try on several types of shoes. With our son, slip on shoes seem to work better.
THE QUESTION WAS "What is an indicator (men's) shoes are too wide?"

Old 01-10-2017, 10:48 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdc58 View Post
THE QUESTION WAS "What is an indicator (men's) shoes are too wide?"
Calm down. Actually the questionS were "What is an indicator (men's) shoes are too wide? Will they hurt across the top of the foot (across the laces)?"

An indicator that men's shoes are too wide is that they are loose. Seems fairly common sense to me. Is there some aspect to this question that we aren't seeing?

Old 01-10-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Calm down. Actually the questionS were "What is an indicator (men's) shoes are too wide? Will they hurt across the top of the foot (across the laces)?"

An indicator that men's shoes are too wide is that they are loose. Seems fairly common sense to me. Is there some aspect to this question that we aren't seeing?
Saying shoes are too wide if they are too loose doesn't answer the question. What indicates that a shoe is too wide? Rubbing on the small toe? Hurting across the laces? What? Obviously there are many, many "aspects" you aren't seeing.

Such a dismissive answer as yours doesn't contribute anything.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:11 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
Saying shoes are too wide if they are too loose doesn't answer the question. What indicates that a shoe is too wide? Rubbing on the small toe? Hurting across the laces? What? Obviously there are many, many "aspects" you aren't seeing.

I'm really really confused by your questions. Rubbing and hurting would indicate the shoes aren't wide enough.

Why are you getting so angry and confrontational about this?

Old 01-10-2017, 12:17 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:

If they rub your small toe, they are too tight.
If they hurt across the laces, they are too tight (either by size or you are tying them too tightly).

Shoes that are too wide are loose.

Why are you dismissing the correct answer?

What is the real issue here?
Did you buy improperly fitting shoes? Do yours rub and hurt as you mention? If so, they are too small, and you should be proper fit by an expert.

ETA: Are these the same shoes you mention on this thread
Shoes that once felt great now feel too tight/uncomfortable
You seem angry there too....

Old 01-10-2017, 01:08 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
I have had leather shoes that got really wet and when they dried were tighter.

For us, too wide shoes causes slipping and blisters. Yep, that's us and not OP, but there is no way without actually being in OP's shoes, literally. that we can properly answer the question.

I would say that if the shoes are too wide and OP tightens the laces in order to try to keep them from slipping around that it would cause the top of the foot pain.

Old 01-10-2017, 01:48 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
I am female. I have on occasion bought shoes that were too wide. When the shoe is too wide, you can put a finger between the foot and the shoe comfortably. You can look down at the shoe and see space between foot and shoe. And when you walk the shoe will feel loose.

I put pads in these shoes sometimes and that seems to help. But if you bought a loose shoe, and haven't worn it outside, take it back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty