U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 01:53 PM

10,546 posts, read 7,495,426 times

Advertisements

Sebamed Face and Body Wash.
Perfectly ph-balanced, non-drying, non-irritating.
Widely available online and in all the usual drugstores, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 02:04 PM

18,848 posts, read 12,473,150 times
CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser at DermStore

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser. I have really dry, temperamental skin, and this works well for me. It takes off makeup well. I keep a number of white washcloths for washing my face. I put the cleanser all over my face, and take a fresh washcloth, wet it , and rinse with that. Then I put the washcloth in the towel hamper. (I prefer rinsing with water.)

I also use the CeraVe moisturizers for my face, and I don't have the problems with ecxema on my face, that I have with ecxema elsewhere.

I buy my Cleanser at Walgreens.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:48 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,088,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iagal View Post
Hydrating Cleanser - CeraVe

I like using the above cleanser. It never leaves a tight or dry feeling on my skin. You can find their line at most drugstores, including Wal-Mart.
I am currently in a research study for roceasa and they have me on that cleaners and lotion. Because of my severe roceasa I am in the same condition of the OP. and this has really helped. I do not know if I am on the actual med or placebo but CeraVe has worked for me.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:39 PM

13,105 posts, read 17,640,353 times
I personally use Neutrogena facial bar and it is an orange color and I get it at my local grocery store and it is not that costly and lasts weeks even using it daily . I really like it .

Old 10-10-2013, 05:45 PM

9,454 posts, read 15,015,271 times
I like Clinique products. They are the only line that doesn't irritate my skin. They have a variety of cleansers, depending on your type of skin. Check out their website

Old 10-10-2013, 06:31 PM

11,427 posts, read 19,438,504 times
I have rosacea and VERY reactive skin -- and CeraVe is what works for me. Takes off makeup cleanly (I don't wear much at all).

Old 10-10-2013, 06:35 PM

5,945 posts, read 12,719,242 times
Years ago my dermatologist suggested Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. We've been using it ever since. It keeps my teenage boys skin clear, and I love it because it helps balance out by combination skin (without it, I am dry in some places and oily in others, but as long as I wash twice a day with Cetaphil, I'm fine). You rub a small bit of the lotion onto your dry face, then what I like to do is hop in the shower and wash it off, but you can also just wash it off over the sink and pat gently dry with a clean washcloth.

Make sure you do the Gentle Skin Cleanser formula and not daily facial cleanser. I mistakenly bought the facial cleanser once and got home and hated it! I thought they had changed the formula. It was clear and sudsy and smelled bad. Then I googled and realized I'd bought the wrong kind.

This is what you want, the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser:

NOT this one:

Do you see how similar those bottles look? Drives me nuts. Just be careful and make sure you get the Gentle Skin Cleanser, NOT the daily facial cleanser.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:53 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,404,269 times
I'm currently using Lush 9-5 Cleanser, but I also like "say yes to" carrots/blueberries/etc which you can get at Whole Foods and occasionally Target. I've used Murad in the past and liked that too.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:33 PM

10,608 posts, read 13,377,851 times
I can't recommend this book strongly enough. It's saved me a fortune, and made my life so simple...after I took the test and found out what I needed was PONDS LOL (certain NON FOAMING products). Along the lines of the simple Cetaphil, too. What a savings not buying my former fav Shiseido.

Anyway, take the "test" and they'll categorize your skin into a "type" and recommend products including sunscreen. High end and low end. And it explains why and the logic/chemistry behind it. Lots about rosacea, too.

I just bought a new Neutrogena Sunscreen and after TWO applications I had a tremendous outbreak and I NEVER EVER have that EVER. I'm never changing products again!

The Skin Type Solution: Leslie Baumann: 9780553383300: Amazon.com: Books

Old 10-10-2013, 08:33 PM

12,775 posts, read 9,439,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I went in to buy another bottle of Cetaphil for dry skin, and they have discontinued it! I couldn't find it anywhere online, not even ebay.

Can any of you folks suggest a substitute? I need something that has no soap at all (no SLS, etc.), and won't give me a rash.

I'm currently using baby shampoo, but it is too drying.

Thanks!!
Use organic coconut oil, it cleanses, moisturizes, and offers many other benefits as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty