U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2013, 10:41 PM

9,454 posts, read 15,010,253 times

Advertisements

I've just noticed my eyelids are starting to feel dry. I'm talking about the part that covers the eye and the part under the eyebrow. Is there a specific cream/topical for this area?

I currently use Clinique products, including their eyeshadow and eye makeup remover. But they don't seem to have anything for my particular concern....
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 04:31 AM

5,288 posts, read 17,482,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
I've just noticed my eyelids are starting to feel dry. I'm talking about the part that covers the eye and the part under the eyebrow. Is there a specific cream/topical for this area?

I currently use Clinique products, including their eyeshadow and eye makeup remover. But they don't seem to have anything for my particular concern....
Clinique does make an eyecream that you can use on the entire eye area. Just ask a Clinique consultant.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:31 PM

10,711 posts, read 19,040,812 times
Every line as far as I know sells eye cream - just use a little moisturizer, applied w/your ring finger and dabbed on, when you go to bed.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:55 PM

19,631 posts, read 53,468,042 times
Olay makes an eye cream. Their products are really good at removing lines/wrinkles.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:37 PM

17 posts, read 33,111 times
All natural almond oil. I've been using it for the past year with great results. It only takes a tiny amount to not only moisturize the eye lid, but the entire eye area. It also nourishes your eyelashes, which helps them grow. Great for nighttime use in particular. Can't go wrong with almond oil!

Old 10-15-2013, 05:57 PM

1,763 posts, read 1,169,746 times
You can also try Vaseline...it works great. I put it on over a minimal amount of eye cream and the dryness goes away. Do it before you go to sleep.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:07 PM

5,644 posts, read 6,454,699 times
Many cosmetic company eye creams actually can cause eyelid problems if you are allergic to any of their ingredients. I can't use Clinique eye cream because it makes my eyelid red, rough and dry. You may be causing your eyelid problem by the present products you are using. Also, eye shadows can also cause allergic reactions. Nickel is a problem chemical for many people.

Sometimes I use Genteal dry eye lubricant on my lids at bedtime. It's made to put In The Eye, but I use it ON my eyelids. It has fewer chemical ingredients than many other eye products.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:31 PM

5,288 posts, read 17,482,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Many cosmetic company eye creams actually can cause eyelid problems if you are allergic to any of their ingredients. I can't use Clinique eye cream because it makes my eyelid red, rough and dry. You may be causing your eyelid problem by the present products you are using. Also, eye shadows can also cause allergic reactions. Nickel is a problem chemical for many people.

Sometimes I use Genteal dry eye lubricant on my lids at bedtime. It's made to put In The Eye, but I use it ON my eyelids. It has fewer chemical ingredients than many other eye products.
Clinique makes many kinds of eye creams (with differing ingredients) - which one gives you problems? I am also highly allergic but the particular eye cream that I use from Clinique doesn't irritate me.

Not all eye creams are recommended to go over the entire eye area.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:03 PM

5,644 posts, read 6,454,699 times
I don't remember which Clinique eye cream I used, as that was a number of years ago. I think at the time it was the only one they marketed. They also have changed their lipstick, adding an SPF to it. After that change I could no longer use their lipstick, as my lips got itchy and dry from the new formula.

Which Clinique eye cream do you use without a problem?

Old 10-18-2013, 10:36 AM

4,827 posts, read 4,645,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
Clinique does make an eyecream that you can use on the entire eye area. Just ask a Clinique consultant.
All About Eyes?

If it is, love that eye cream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty