U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2013, 05:23 AM

1,913 posts, read 2,430,450 times

Advertisements

Ok, I hate shaving (always have). I certainly don't want to grow it either as it looks like dirt on my face.

What's the best option for permanent removal? Would it be laser or electrolysis? Have any of you had experience with either of these methods? How expensive would it be (roughly) and could I expect good results?

In the meantime and until I have the money, would waxing be a better alternative to using razors (at least from my skin's perspective)?

Thanks in advance. No nasty or judgmental comments please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 05:49 AM

34,531 posts, read 42,694,765 times
I have never heard of a man getting his face waxed, so I bet the hair is too coarse for waxing to work well. As long as the hair is dark, laser should work well. Electrolysis takes a long time.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:33 PM

1,913 posts, read 2,430,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I have never heard of a man getting his face waxed, so I bet the hair is too coarse for waxing to work well. As long as the hair is dark, laser should work well. Electrolysis takes a long time.
Yes, looks like you're correct. Laser is probably the best bet. Just wondered if anyone had gone through it?

Old 10-17-2013, 07:09 PM

60 posts, read 247,177 times
Laser is a good option for hair removal. Typically a topical anesthetic (numbing cream) is used prior to the procedure. Because hair grows in different cycles, multiple treatments are required. It is difficult to remove every last hair but dramatic reduction can be achieved. Let me know if you need a recommendation.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:48 PM

15,228 posts, read 23,743,496 times
do not do it.
do not laser your face.

just shave like the rest of us, we hate it, but do it.

do not do electrolysis on your face ever. it will come out blotchy. you dont want that, especially on your face.

it isnt like eyebrows or a small area, it is your face. do not do it. it will not come out baby smoothe like you think. it will be uneven and not look natural.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:20 PM

5,530 posts, read 8,184,647 times
No judging, but I think nightcrawler is probably right. I strongly suspect that you wouldn't like the results, and that you'd be better off just continuing to shave. I'd hate to see damage done to your face by these unusual methods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or