U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2013, 02:16 PM

5,644 posts, read 3,196,510 times

Advertisements

I will not get into health risks here that they are imposing on this, but this is my rant based on this "one size fits all" without taking bone struture into account. Or VANITY SIZING.

Let me first state that I am an old woman. I am 5'1.5" and 102 lbs., with 34/26/34 measurments. I am now 2 inches bigger in the waist, but have gone from a 32B in my 20s to a 32DD today after children, nursing, menopause. My entire life straps fall off my shoulders. I have been called both apple (bust size) and pear. My weight is only 5 lbs.more and my measurements about the same as in my 20s, plus 2 inches to my bust and waist.

These measuremets do not take into consideration your bone struature in your measurements. 34 inch bust measurement? Well, are you a 34B or a 32DD? Is your back bone structure bigger, or your cup size? I suppose with the bigger cup size I should be an apple? My underbust measurement is 30 inches. Apple?

Hip measurement. Again, bones. I have no butt. My husband call me Buttless, so all my hips are bones. I have had 2 children who were both in the 7 lb. range, including my first who was a breech. No C-Section for either, yet women who had much wider hips than me, looked at me in shock when I said I didn't need a C-Section for my babies who were the same size as theirs. "Doctor said my babies were too big for my pevlic". Your pelvic bones, not your hip circumfrance. Your butt size doesn't matter.

Anyway, all these measurement charts, and WHR shape calucators, are pointless because they do not take into consideration your BONE structure. Plus when the health insurance is penalizing you based on your apple shape, overweight or NOT, then this is very wrong.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 02:36 PM

20,426 posts, read 35,718,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I have been called both apple (bust size) and pear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I suppose with the bigger cup size I should be an apple? My underbust measurement is 30 inches. Apple?
Apple has little to do with bust size... it means your waist is large.
Pear also has little to do with bust size... it means your hips are large.

I am a pear BECAUSE of my bone structure.
Skinny I am a small pear... when I weigh more, I am a bigger pear.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:50 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,361,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Apple has little to do with bust size... it means your waist is large.
Pear also has little to do with bust size... it means your hips are large.

I am a pear BECAUSE of my bone structure.
Skinny I am a small pear... when I weigh more, I am a bigger pear.
Yep...same. A pear shape is from hips that are wider than shoulders, and little excess fat carried at the midsection. Pears are narrow-shouldered women (respective to hip width) who carry their weight at their hips, butt, and thighs versus belly-midsection. I was pear shaped as a teenage B-cup, and continue to be pear shaped as a 30-something D-cup.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:00 PM

26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Just to echo everyone else. Being a pear requires hips. But more accurately it means you generally carry extra weight in your lower body. Some pears gain it in their butts and thighs but not hips. Or they do not have wide hip bones. Pears have well-defined waists when compare to their hips.

Apples are typically narrow hipped, with thin limbs, and carry all of their extra weight in their trunk (from bust to waist). They also tend to have broader shoulders. The related shape is an inverted triangle, where the widest point is the shoulders, and they get narrower as you go down. They tend to have smaller waists than apples, but little definition from waist/hip. More definition from bust to waist.

Apples typically have little definition from bust to waist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or