U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 05:37 PM

6,191 posts, read 14,716,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
It is natural. The sun is a part of nature. Doesn't seem he trying be attractive, but just living int he body that God gave him. For that I think he looks a lot better than many men in his situation. Look at Bruce Jenner. He's had so much plastic surgery he now looks like a woman. Kenny Rogers was great looking. Now he looks like he's permanently surprised! Lol.
Exactly.

The effects of sun on skin is as natural as you can get. Millions of people all over the world get to be healthy and old because they are living their lives out in the elements, working, creating and ACHIEVING things, not cowering inside muttering about other people's lives online.

And seriously, if I get to be 77 and am still worried about how youthful or cute I look, someone slap me upside the head! I sincerely hope to have my priorities in better shape in 22 <mumble> years from now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 05:54 PM

215 posts, read 246,018 times
Default Fake Bleached Hair

If he isn't vain and he doesn't care about his looks, why does his hair look fake? There's no way he is still a blonde. If that's his real hair, at least go gray.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:04 PM

6,191 posts, read 14,716,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly_Q View Post
If he isn't vain and he doesn't care about his looks, why does his hair look fake? There's no way he is still a blonde. If that's his real hair, at least go gray.
Did you read the other posts? It's quite possible that it's his own real color.

And even if it's not, so what? Maybe he's not personally bothered by saggy facial skin so he doesn't "fix" that, but the loss of his blond hair bothers him so he "fixes" his hair color.

I don't GET this obsession with fake youthfulness at any age being the gold standard. I really don't.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:53 PM

3,749 posts, read 2,903,476 times
Lordy, be still my heart.

Redford and Newman....2 of the finest actors and human beings to ever grace the screen. They don't make men like this anymore.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:03 PM

2,759 posts, read 3,310,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post

Redford and Newman....2 of the finest actors and human beings to ever grace the screen. They don't make men like this anymore.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:32 PM

23,902 posts, read 31,123,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post

Exactly!

Old 10-17-2013, 07:52 PM

13,437 posts, read 15,036,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
I wish I had hair! (Actually, I don't much care -- I look better bald and it saves a whole lot of grooming time.)

It's not a matter of believing ME -- it's believing HIM -- Robert Redford said it and the director of the film he was working on confirmed it. Read the article! Geesh. I think Redford is secure enough in himself to tell the truth on this one.
That's fine and, but it still doesn't explain why he has vastly less grey hair now than he did years ago. I'm not particularly concerned with why he dyes his hair or wants everyone to think he doesn't. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:07 PM

3,270 posts, read 2,476,271 times
I agree that he looks great, he's 77 for gods sake!! Sun damage may be part of it, but he's not a young man.

(But then, I always thought he was pretty cute!)

Old 10-17-2013, 08:25 PM

11,014 posts, read 6,565,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
That's fine and, but it still doesn't explain why he has vastly less grey hair now than he did years ago.
I did a Google image search of him. The results looked to be pictures of him from all different ages, and not one of them did he have very much grey hair.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:12 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,997,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
It is natural. The sun is a part of nature. Doesn't seem he trying be attractive, but just living int he body that God gave him. For that I think he looks a lot better than many men in his situation. Look at Bruce Jenner. He's had so much plastic surgery he now looks like a woman. Kenny Rogers was great looking. Now he looks like he's permanently surprised! Lol.
Also Burt Reynolds....he was good looking back in the 70s
Now looks like plastic surgery gone wrong, same age as Robert Redford,
who looks better, Reynolds or Redford?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty