U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2013, 06:16 PM

324 posts, read 492,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideworld View Post
I agree with you there. As speculative as the markets are, this has reflected in its stock price which took a decent hit earlier this year.

Coach reminds me almost of a backwards Juicy Couture; Juicy has largely matured from rhinestones and tackiness, while Coach seems to sink further in.

Juicy is marketed towards a younger population. Coach used target women who were more refined. those days are gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 06:17 PM

4,721 posts, read 4,285,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
LMAO! No, I guess I have been spending too much time in the office and not interacting enough with the stay at home mom crowd to know what their preferred daily "uniform" is. Is it like wearing sweatpants? I think sweatpants are awful and I don't even own a pair.
I don't wear sweatpants anywhere, but since I live near the beach I wear shorts almost everywhere. Of course, I don't wear them to work but pretty much everywhere else. I wear them because they are comfortable, and I live in a tropical area as far as weather is concerned. The dress in my area is casual most of the time, unlike a lot of cities. Purses are fun to me, so I buy what I like. I don't want to keep a purse forever. I like getting new ones when I want one. If I spent a thousand dollars on a purse, I would have to keep it forever. My parents are thrifty and raised me to be frugal. They live on an island on the beach, so they can afford whatever they choose, but they do not believe in waste or showing off. Spending too much on any one thing would make me wonder how many kids that money could feed or how much medical treatment a child could get with that money.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:19 PM

21,476 posts, read 26,078,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
A good friend of mine made me get rid of all my Coach handbags 3 years ago.
Quote:
I don't think so at all. I have an old Coach handbag, it's black and no logos. It's honestly the best handbag I own.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:21 PM

571 posts, read 946,613 times
I agree that the original post reeks of grasping for status.

HOWEVER, people get very worked up about handbags and sometimes give them more significance than they deserve. Yes, I don't deny that there are people out there that are carrying specific bags for specific purposes. Personally, I am a handbag collector. I scour consignment shops for vintage Chanel, Dior and Gucci purses. Along the edgier I love Dolce & Gabbana. In my view, these are all unique, very well taken care of (and great deals).

Because I love my handbags, I rarely buy wallets and other purses - so there's a savings there. (I haven't bought a new purse in three years - I just keep them turning seasonally in my closet.)

I understand people may say it's a ridiculous collection and it wastes money. I don't buy Starbucks. I don't drink alcohol (I know many people who drink regularly and that sucks up A LOT of money). Some people collect art, some people collect stamps, some people collect fine china - whatever floats their boat. I don't collect vintage purses to attract men. Nor do I care if people notice exactly what purse I'm carrying and from what year it is. I do it because I personally love these bags, along with the craftsmanship.

It isn't a big deal at all. I don't think about these purses all day long. I have a full time job, a family, do volunteer work. Why are people making all these ridiculous "social status" judgements regarding purses?

Old 10-19-2013, 06:21 PM

8,613 posts, read 7,807,585 times
LOL suzy, is the OP not clear?

GREAT post Angel!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by CCc girl; 10-19-2013 at 06:37 PM..

Old 10-19-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
LOL suzy, is the troll busted?

GREAT post Angel!!!!!!!!!!

Busted for what? As for the Coach purse it is 15 years old, I don't carry it because the strap broke but I kept it. My friend tossed the logo purses and in hindsight I am glad she did. As for being a troll, it's simply because I challenged people to be honest with themselves. This is typically what happens, people get defensive and make claims they are not like that and twist it.. such as calling me a troll, pretentious or whatever. Everyone is a hypocrite, I just take the responses with a grain of salt.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:36 PM

she quoted you twice, once saying you got rid of them and one saying you had one still. Taking responses with a grain of salt is smart! Go you!

Old 10-19-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
she quoted you twice, once saying you got rid of them and one saying you had one still. Taking responses with a grain of salt is smart! Go you!

apparently I touched a nerve, are you ok? Want to talk about it?

Old 10-19-2013, 06:45 PM

actually you touched suzy q's nerve, me, I don't care, I'm ghetto cuz I still have my Coach bags, remember?

Old 10-19-2013, 06:47 PM

21,476 posts, read 26,078,274 times
Quote:
I don't think so at all. I have an old Coach handbag, it's black and no logos. It's honestly the best handbag I own.
Quote:
As for the Coach purse it is 15 years old, I don't carry it because the strap broke but I kept it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty