U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2013, 06:48 PM

4,721 posts, read 4,287,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
actually you touched suzy q's nerve, me, I don't care, I'm ghetto cuz I still have my Coach bags, remember?
Haha. Go girl!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 06:49 PM

324 posts, read 492,878 times
Quote:
actually you touched suzy q's nerve, me, I don't care, I'm ghetto cuz I still have my Coach bags, remember?

A HA!! I knew it!! I feel vindicated now.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:52 PM

8,613 posts, read 7,813,014 times
Cool, you go girl.
Fashion and caring about how you look is loving yourself and having self respect. WHere we all find it is meaningless.
Finding it at all is a blessing, praise the Lord.
God gave us free will. How we use it is our business only. There is only one judge. Love yourself and how you look.
PS I will never own yoga pants, I tried yoga and my wood floors are too damned hard.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:57 PM

16,416 posts, read 27,935,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelhound View Post
Anything to popular is no good for me. Michael Korrs is the big bag designer of the moment and that is not some accident, it's a whole political industry thing, they push one or two designers a few years then on to the next one. I look for the lesser known quality brands I will not name from Italy with prices ranging from 50-400 or no name brands. I would never pay 2500 for some dumb bag or to be trendy. Trendy says I am a slave to what they tell you to own, to wear and how to look, how dumb, how unoriginal. Once any brand starts catering to the masses or the bling culture crowd, it's a no go for me. Bebe used to be a classy brand until they started catering to a mass market outside their original target demo. Now their stuff is cheap gaudy and ugly looking. As soon as anything is to popular it's over as relevant including Haute Couture. I would never buy Gucci or LV, both are to common as are Prada and many other boring overpriced brands. The classic timeless mid priced commercial brands never fail. Calvin Klein, Donna Karen, E.Bauer, Crew, Levis, Hillfiger, Lauren, etc, make beautiful classic items. I've bought my last fashion item with my most recent purchase of two quality leather bags both on sale both little known Italian brands ( I NEVER pay full price ever). I will be set now for a decade with no intentions of buying any new cloths until they wear out. I'm done owning to much stuff, I stick to classics and ignore trends.
You had me up to there.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:58 PM

Freelee I am curious as to where you are located that Coach would be considered ghetto.........Palos Verdes? Palm Beach?

Up here in Lake George we get the New York City gals at our Coach outlet, and they all buy the same type of bag, the black Coach fabric screaming logo ones.

I am not drawn to the logo ones anymore, the classy leather ones moreso. Of course I'm older now and need to impress only myself. Funny how things change.........

Old 10-19-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Freelee I am curious as to where you are located that Coach would be considered ghetto.........Palos Verdes? Palm Beach?

Up here in Lake George we get the New York City gals at our Coach outlet, and they all buy the same type of bag, the black Coach fabric screaming logo ones.

I am not drawn to the logo ones anymore, the classy leather ones moreso. Of course I'm older now and need to impress only myself. Funny how things change.........

I am in plain old Denver Colorado.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Cool, you go girl.
Fashion and caring about how you look is loving yourself and having self respect. WHere we all find it is meaningless.
Finding it at all is a blessing, praise the Lord.
God gave us free will. How we use it is our business only. There is only one judge. Love yourself and how you look.
PS I will never own yoga pants, I tried yoga and my wood floors are too damned hard.

The fact you dont own Yoga pants, I have total respect for you. My apologies.

LI I don't get your post.........up here E.Bauer, Crew, Hillfiger are ghetto but that's just us, no judging........

16,416 posts, read 27,935,383 times
Quote:
LOL suzy, is the OP not clear?

GREAT post Angel!!!!!!!!!!
No prob. This is the OP exhibiting her fashion sense onstage in the freak show as the Two-Headed Lady:

Old 10-19-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
You had me up to there.

A lot of preps still shop J Crew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty