U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2013, 08:07 PM

16,416 posts, read 28,008,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
LI I don't get your post.........up here E.Bauer, Crew, Hillfiger are ghetto but that's just us, no judging........
I consider them as their best days are gone by ... they were "the thing" decades ago ... now anybody who considers them a big deal is out of step, out of touch ... "ghetto" is not necessarily the right word for it as you will see whitey who will walk on the other side of the street from a black person in the southeast making a big deal over these brands and act like a fashion plate if they have something on that visibly says "Hilfiger" on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 08:10 PM

8,613 posts, read 7,843,441 times
Free, Denver is pretty upscale, not plain by any means! I can't stand the whole yoga pants/yeah, I really was just at the gym before going grocery shopping/I am too lazy to think about what to wear when I am leaving the house......

Grocery shopping for me is a forty five minute ride into the metropolis where I spend five hours hunting and gathering.
I bring an extra jacket and two pairs of shoes with me in case things need changing/I get tired/it rains, snows or the occasional earthquake......in addition to this both vehicles (truck in winter, old crappy Benz in summer) have a Coach umbrella and a suitable raincoat, as well as a blanket for the real emergency. hMMMMM, nebbe a bottle of vaodka is in order.......

I remember watching an episode of US What NOT To Wear when whats her name said, 'You got up, you couldn't put some thought into what you would wear when you left?'

That was the day I chose self respect and fashionable over I don't give a crap because I have no self respect or taste to dress myself. I'm a fashion horse and will be until they plant me deep. The clothes and accessories I leave behind will auction nicely to support a charity well.

Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

324 posts, read 494,515 times
Good read for everyone.

The Daily Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
A lot of preps still shop J Crew.
Preps?

Wasn't the "Preppy Handbook" written in the 1980s?

Nobody "looks up" to them since three decades ago.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
A lot of preps still shop J Crew.
yeah but Michelle likes ther stuff so they fleed in droves when it became common knowledge.......

Old 10-19-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
yeah but Michelle likes ther stuff so they fleed in droves when it became common knowledge.......
LMAO ... as if she's someone to be afraid of having the same clothes as! People are idiots!

Old 10-19-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Preps?

Wasn't the "Preppy Handbook" written in the 1980s?
yeah but that was the attempt to inform the masses that didn't have a clue, the real ones always knew the secret code......she wrote another one recently........I dunnno, bragging rights or informant????

see the daily prep for the nations most dried out self fulfilled my relatives were on the Mayflower and I know how each item at LL Bean is made LOL gotta love Muffy Aldrich.....guiding the sheeple...........

Old 10-19-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
LMAO ... as if she's someone to be afraid of having the same clothes as! People are idiots!
ewww can't stand her, sorry..........

Old 10-19-2013, 08:25 PM

324 posts, read 494,515 times
Quote:

I thought she shopped at the clown store.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
ewww can't stand her, sorry..........
Honestly she doesn't evoke a strong response in me one way or the other.

I just don't care enough about first ladies I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty