Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2013, 07:01 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
After reading this post (per nausem) I'm so thankful that my wife is not a slave to the latest "hotness" and would rather take any extra money that we get an invest it rather then buy some over priced accessories that will be out of style the following year which leads to this
What attracted you to even read this thread? My husband wound see the title and not even bother reading it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 07:04 PM

8,052 posts, read 12,772,027 times
LOL- You ALL are ghetto. Spending money you may or may not have for "status" is about as ghetto as it gets.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
I LOVE P'trique, he works for The Platform. His humour is obviously above your head.
I'm definitely going to look into him!

Old 10-21-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Grown women behave the same as teenage girls these days...the only real difference is they can afford the stuff teenage girls want.

When do you suppose they grow out of being a girls?? Never.
I am single and have plenty-o-women friends of all ages, married, divorced and single. I know women in ages from 45-70 who have gone through toe ring stages with their daughters/granddaughters. Now it is tattoos.
Um ... trust me some of us have a life and we do grow out of being "girls." And we're more beautiful than ever that way too instead of looking like an old tart trying to be a teeny bopper. Nothing uglier than a wrinkled up tattoo. You need to get out more in the world and meet grown women of high caliber where women work at "real careers" and do important things and such in life. NO time or desire for acting stupid and teen pretending! Honest!

Old 10-21-2013, 08:21 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,036 times
Lol I just called Coach today. Carry any type of bag you like.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:25 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
What attracted you to even read this thread? My husband wound see the title and not even bother reading it.
Curiosity. I like to be somewhat well rounded in my reading, but after reading it and explaining to my wife what I read and showing her my appreciation of her she is glad that I did as well.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:32 PM

324 posts, read 655,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
LOL- You ALL are ghetto. Spending money you may or may not have for "status" is about as ghetto as it gets.

Ghetto R us, later we'll have a cat fight over louboutin shoes! You should hang around for that.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:12 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I've actually ditched purses entirely. I carry a BigSkinny wallet in my back pocket and a cell phone in the front. In the wallet I have a handmade calendar on a piece of paper to write appointments on. On my keys I have an Inka pen -- collapsible.
I didn't carry a purse until I was 26... I only started because my job needed me mobile and I had to start carrying some things, and I had to carry migraine meds that would not fit in my pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Last but not least, the folks who can afford fancy handbags and spinning rims for their custom painted cars, but live in Section 8 housing.
Oooh I can't stand that!

"Labels" are weird. Why not just buy what you like?
I just go to what looks good in color and shape and all.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:49 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
My wife has maybe 10 or 12 Coach purses in her collection. I have a Coach wallet. They make a decent product that has a lifetime warranty. On top of that it is a great company. To top that off: Style tip of the day: Get Sarah Jessica Parker

Old 10-21-2013, 09:52 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
A good friend of mine made me get rid of all my Coach handbags 3 years ago. I am glad she did because I guess I was oblivious but now I see the most low class people carrying around a Coach handbag. I am unsure where Michael Kors stands, but I have one red handbag from MK.

I went out and bought Louis Vuitton and now I am seeing those all over the place.

What do most of you carry?
None of the above. Spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on a bag with some designer's name on it is ghetto. I balk at spending $60.00 on a handbag, and they're usually designed better than the MK or Coach bags anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty