U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-23-2013, 11:58 AM
 
Location: Chicago
5,412 posts, read 8,277,963 times
Reputation: 6347

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Agree!

I like saying Cocktail. I use every occassion possible to say C**K.
Me too! I want to say "classy" and "cocktail" as much as possible with an emphasis on the *ass and c**k in those words. Even the "tail" syllable is good. What, am I not being 'classy' or sounding 'rich' enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-23-2013, 12:25 PM
 
Location: Greenwood Village Colorado
324 posts, read 492,636 times
Reputation: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
Kettle, Teapot, I wanna sit both yo asses on the stove and burn it


http://iranian.com/main/files/blogim...ck_T-Shirt.png

kind of ironic since you were one of the ones he was referring too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2013, 12:35 PM
 
Location: Greenwood Village Colorado
324 posts, read 492,636 times
Reputation: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I bought my current bag at Target. So far it's lasted me about 4 years. Not too bad for $30.




Hair extensions? How tacky!


.

I don't have much hair because of chemo. You have a problem with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2013, 01:19 PM
 
Location: Katy, TX
705 posts, read 990,060 times
Reputation: 990
This thread is full of LOLs....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2013, 01:35 PM
 
Location: Chicago
5,412 posts, read 8,277,963 times
Reputation: 6347
This is possibly one of the most dysfunctional threads I've encountered. It is cracking me up.

It makes me want to go out now and buy a new, loud, logo Coach handbag to see if people look at me funny and whisper when I carry it around a mall, and then document the results. I like doing things that expose judgmental/pretentious/gossipy people at their worst. I think I'm a little dysfunctional with wanting to do that to people. I secretly want to be on one of those John Stossel undercover camera shows exposing the anti-coach snobs out there...LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2013, 01:42 PM
 
874 posts, read 1,033,964 times
Reputation: 1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
My wife has maybe 10 or 12 Coach purses in her collection. I have a Coach wallet. They make a decent product that has a lifetime warranty. On top of that it is a great company. To top that off: Style tip of the day: Get Sarah Jessica Parker
I actually like SJP, but that bag... and ~$600 w/ tax to boot... (Pocket change to her, I'm just pointing it out) There are much prettier leather bags for $300.

Coach Official Site | Shop the Latest Designer Handbags
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2013, 01:43 PM
 
874 posts, read 1,033,964 times
Reputation: 1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
This is possibly one of the most dysfunctional threads I've encountered. It is cracking me up.

It makes me want to go out now and buy a new, loud, logo Coach handbag to see if people look at me funny and whisper when I carry it around a mall, and then document the results. I like doing things that expose judgmental/pretentious/gossipy people at their worst. I think I'm a little dysfunctional with wanting to do that to people. I secretly want to be on one of those John Stossel undercover camera shows exposing the anti-coach snobs out there...LOL
It is. I'm having fun with it.

On that note, yay Chicago!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2013, 02:53 PM
 
1,831 posts, read 3,732,411 times
Reputation: 1222
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
With the exception of some of the leather bags (ie Legacy), Coach bags are no longer as well made as they once were and certainly do not last longer. They are mostly made in China and the quality has suffered greatly.
Yes. And the last time I tried to get Coach to repair one of my purses (again!), they gave me a hard time, talking about how long I owned the bag and "wear and tear." The bag had the same problem twice, despite the repair. I started to go over the store's head, but I just said forget it. Trust that I will not be purchasing another Coach bag.

Speaking of Coach:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...s-one/?hpid=z5

Last edited by bowian; 10-23-2013 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: added news story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2013, 03:16 PM
 
Location: Chicago
5,412 posts, read 8,277,963 times
Reputation: 6347
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowian View Post
Yes. And the last time I tried to get Coach to repair one of my purses (again!), they gave me a hard time, talking about how long I owned the bag and "wear and tear." The bag had the same problem twice, despite the repair. I started to go over the store's head, but I just said forget it. Trust that I will not be purchasing another Coach bag.
That is the same reason I stopped buying Coach bags in the 1990's. I brought a relatively new handbag back to a store because the leather had worn away, and they lectured me that I was not moisturizing the purse the correct way, with their product, so they could do nothing about it... LOL. That one experience completely turned me off from that brand, and served as a lesson in customer service for me.

If I want a durable, mid-price brand, I'd do Libaire or a Dooney without logos, in the saffiano or all-weather leathers (and I don't care if it looks "working-class wannabe" according to some posters!). For higher end handbags, I prefer the design of classic or vintage satchels or doctor's bags by Prada, or Hermes, or Ferragamo.... And I prefer the ones that have no obvious logos/outside name plates that you can find hidden in the corners of city consignment shops.

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 10-23-2013 at 03:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2013, 03:35 PM
 
1,831 posts, read 3,732,411 times
Reputation: 1222
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
That is the same reason I stopped buying Coach bags in the 1990's. I brought a relatively new handbag back to a store because the leather had worn away, and they lectured me that I was not moisturizing the purse the correct way, with their product, so they could do nothing about it... LOL. That one experience completely turned me off from that brand, and served as a lesson in customer service for me.

If I want a durable, mid-price brand, I'd do Libaire or a Dooney without logos, in the saffiano or all-weather leathers (and I don't care if it looks "working-class wannabe" according to some posters!). For higher end handbags, I prefer the design of classic or vintage satchels or doctor's bags by Prada, or Hermes, or Ferragamo.... And I prefer the ones that have no obvious logos/outside name plates that you can find hidden in the corners of city consignment shops.
Maybe I'll check out a Dooney. My thrift store purchased Etienne Aigner is wearing out in the lining (the bag itself is in very good shape). Heck, I might just sew up the lining and keep rocking it until it really starts falling apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top