U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 05:00 PM

7,183 posts, read 7,513,131 times

Advertisements

The Rule for hip culture is,when the 50/60 year old's start wearing it,or saying it,
It's out of Fashion and time to move on!
When my aunt came over for thanksgiving with her new Coach bag from the Coach outlet. I Told my wife to get rid of hers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 05:43 PM

1,463 posts, read 1,811,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
The Rule for hip culture is,when the 50/60 year old's start wearing it,or saying it,

When my aunt came over for thanksgiving with her new Coach bag from the Coach outlet. I Told my wife to get rid of hers.
Bahahahaha I love it!!!
We always say when my husband's mother does it... yeah get away!
She's the epitome of what you want to be the opposite of. She tries really hard to be that hip, trendy person but it's always way wrong!

Old 10-24-2013, 06:15 PM

9,454 posts, read 15,010,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post
Bahahahaha I love it!!!
We always say when my husband's mother does it... yeah get away!
She's the epitome of what you want to be the opposite of. She tries really hard to be that hip, trendy person but it's always way wrong!

Hey, the lady sets her own style!

Old 10-24-2013, 10:17 PM

468 posts, read 431,884 times
Jimmy Choo bags are knock offs of the "Brio" brand expensive/popular 1970s/1980s.
Brand names make the person behind the name very rich because the buyer is about his/her name not the substance of the product.
When it comes to ascessorizing what makes it look "rich/posh" is the co-ordination with the rest of the ensamble.

Case in point: Hollyweird millioner chicks.....they all look like glitzed out garbage dumps...wearing at least 10K on themselves that looks like it was thrown together from goodwill cast offs.
Now you can get stuff from goowil, co-ordinate right and you look like walking 10K ensemble.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:14 PM

8,613 posts, read 7,807,585 times
eek, I'll not give up my Pradas because my Mum has two or three, heck, I look forward to inheriting them!

Old 10-25-2013, 05:13 PM

26,864 posts, read 28,137,614 times
I've always wanted a Kelly bag and those aren't too popular with anyone within 20-30 years of my own age. If anyone wants to hand one down to me I'll take it!

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:07 PM

1,463 posts, read 1,811,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Hey, the lady sets her own style!
LOL no she starts to copy what she sees in TV, younger people.
I had always respected her because I thought she did NOT do that sort of thing.
Then I saw how insecure she was and how hard she was trying to convince me that she was "in" and she was doing what "everybody else" did and if I wasn't doing it, I was "uncool" and not good enough like her.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:22 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,359,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
And you say you are a straight man? I do not know any heterosexual men and when I think about it hardly any homosexual men, except those who work in high fashion who can ID women's handbags & get catty about it. something is fishy here

Old 10-27-2013, 04:00 PM

16,416 posts, read 27,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
And you say you are a straight man? I do not know any heterosexual men and when I think about it hardly any homosexual men, except those who work in high fashion who can ID women's handbags & get catty about it. something is fishy here
LMAO! I agree! +5 for you! In NYC some gay guys get married for social/business reasons. They even have a code word for wife ... it's called a "beard."

Old 10-27-2013, 04:30 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,359,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
LMAO! I agree! +5 for you! In NYC some gay guys get married for social/business reasons. They even have a code word for wife ... it's called a "beard."

LOL! So it's not just me hah? Moment I read that post, I wanted to swipe the word """wife"" with ""beard"".

Unless whoever posted this is a designer & a competitor in the handbag industry himself, I can not imagine a ""regular/normal"" guy off the street not only knowing who makes these bags (assuming decent bags, no monogram) but also throwing a feat & wanting his ""wife"" to throw away the bag. LOL! This thread just took a ""long beard"" toll!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty