U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 07:07 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,790,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
A good friend of mine made me get rid of all my Coach handbags 3 years ago. I am glad she did because I guess I was oblivious but now I see the most low class people carrying around a Coach handbag. I am unsure where Michael Kors stands, but I have one red handbag from MK.

I went out and bought Louis Vuitton and now I am seeing those all over the place.

What do most of you carry?

A friend "made you" get rid of your handbags?
That is no friend in my book and I would have told her to get rid of her own and leave mine alone.

So suddenly you can't use a handbag because someone YOU THINK is low class carries the same bag?
How much more shallow and narrow minded can you get?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 07:07 PM

10,713 posts, read 19,047,945 times
I honestly don't notice anyone's purse/handbag unless it's: cute, WAY to oversized, too blingy, tacky.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:13 PM

5,288 posts, read 17,485,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I honestly don't notice anyone's purse/handbag unless it's: cute, WAY to oversized, too blingy, tacky.
Blingy - yes those are the ones that I steer away from. I do like a nice quality leather purse with no logo - or no more than a tone on tone small logo. I was at Nordstrom Rack today - there were $600 purses for sale that had tons of overly gold embellishments - which makes an expensive purse look tacky.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:33 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,878,394 times
Ah yes, I do believe those in the ghetto spend $300+ on purses.

Personally I don't like any of the bags (by ANY brand: coach, D&B, LV, MK) that have the damn monograms all over them. THAT to me is tacky. Not ghetto, I would just never buy those ones. I'd actually rather not have someone know what brand my bag is.

I tend towards Fossil purses. Their styles and colors fit my life better (The higher end brands sometimes feel too 'mom-ish' for me). Price is better, too. I don't feel guilty buying a new one or two every year. If I lived in a different part of the country, I'd probably have a different answer.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:45 PM

312 posts, read 498,771 times
Quote:
Maybe because I live in an affluent area in Denver. LV handbags and hair extensions are standard for women here.
But what are YOUR standards? Looks like you need to set your standards much higher than those women's.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:46 PM

6,474 posts, read 10,035,440 times
Quote:
A good friend of mine made me get rid of all my Coach handbags 3 years ago. I am glad she did because I guess I was oblivious but now I see the most low class people carrying around a Coach handbag. I am unsure where Michael Kors stands, but I have one red handbag from MK.
Call me "ghetto" and "low class" then, because I have two of them. I love Coach.

Quote:
I went out and bought Louis Vuitton and now I am seeing those all over the place.

I refuse to purchase anything from these two designers, because it's mostly being dominated by a low class set now.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:48 PM

17,413 posts, read 18,275,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Are'nt those the handbags that have a lifetime guarantee? If that is so why would it be "ghetto" to own a real one? It seems to me that it would be a better investment then any other handbag since they also last longer. I guess that is coming from a man with "man logic". One more thing, why should you care what anyone else is carrying anyway? That sounds kind of petty to me.
With the exception of some of the leather bags (ie Legacy), Coach bags are no longer as well made as they once were and certainly do not last longer. They are mostly made in China and the quality has suffered greatly.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:02 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,603,756 times
I thought we were all grown ups here. Your "friend" MADE you get rid of your purses!?! Yeah, ok.

I carry whatever the heck I like, as long as it's reasonably priced. I've mostly rocked purses from Target, Coach, and Kathy von Zeeland. I care more about how the purse works with my wardrobe and how long it's going to last. I've had Target purses last 5 years, but I take care of my things, even the cheap stuff. My real friends couldn't care less.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:11 PM

13,292 posts, read 10,101,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
With the exception of some of the leather bags (ie Legacy), Coach bags are no longer as well made as they once were and certainly do not last longer. They are mostly made in China and the quality has suffered greatly.
Oh, because I can remember when my ex use to visit me from D.C she always wanted to go to the outlet and buy a Coach bag because of the quality. When did they start copying them in China?

Old 10-18-2013, 08:22 PM

324 posts, read 492,636 times

Sh*t Fashion Girls Say (A Sh*t Girls Say Parody) - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty