U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 09:26 PM

811 posts, read 980,966 times

Advertisements

This thread is an attempt to provoke people. And this woman knew what she was getting into from the start. This is classic parenting failure to raise the right kind of child and he/she becomes a poster child for hedonism and the human decadence which comes with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 09:37 PM

324 posts, read 492,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Actually, the OP is an example of someone who doesn't have too much money. Too much money would be a scenario where you would run out of things to spend it on.

There's nothing wrong with working smart and spending money.

can anyone have too much money?

I probably have more money than some and less than others. Class? What's that these days when it seems like 80 percent of the female population wears nothing but y
oga pants and tshirts, ohh thats right they have to be lululemon apparently because thats class and men think it's ok because they are tight.

If you could own a old ford truck or a Bugatti, which would you choose? If you say a ford truck, you're just talking out of your a$$.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:53 PM

26,867 posts, read 28,145,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Coach started manufacturing their bags in China, Turkey and the DR in the late 90s-early 2000s....flooded the market and watered down the brand's "status".
Just about everyone is making in china. Especially for bags under $1000. More about profit than luxury these days.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:16 PM

21,485 posts, read 26,089,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post

I probably have more money than some and less than others. Class? What's that these days when it seems like 80 percent of the female population wears nothing but y
oga pants and tshirts, ohh thats right they have to be lululemon apparently because thats class and men think it's ok because they are tight.

If you could own a old ford truck or a Bugatti, which would you choose? If you say a ford truck, you're just talking out of your a$$.
Bless your heart, you still don't get it, do you?

A person who truly has Class shows it even if dressed in jeans and a T-shirt, carrying a croker sack, and driving a beat up pickup truck.

It's an attitude, not what you wear, not the hand bag you carry, not hair extensions or fake fingernails or jewelry, not expensive automobiles. It's not even how much money you have in the bank or what you do for a living.

By the way, I'd take the Ford - and I own a Coach bag or two. They happen to match what I want in a hand bag.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:24 PM

11,407 posts, read 13,955,986 times
Probably a decade ago, or more, Coach was marketed as a higher end, conservative American leather goods company. It's merchandise was definitely not ghetto at all. In the last few years, some of the designs released by Coach make me wonder if they have decided to market the merchandise to a larger audience and broader market. Some of the designs to have a more "mass market" and glitzy feel/appearance.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:23 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,847,362 times
I agree that "class" certainly doesn't come from which bag you carry. I do think some of the coach bags are nice and stylish and some look ugly. If I'm paying up for a designer handbag I don't want something made in China. I like LV bags and I think they are timeless, as evidenced by their long history. There are some items that are still cool and valuable as vintage pieces and I don't think Coach bags will fall into that category but LV does.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:32 AM

35,121 posts, read 37,802,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post

I already own an old ford truck that still runs quite well and looks good.
I have no idea what a Bugatti is so I seriously doubt I would purchase one.

Also, I do mean OWN, no payments, never financed through anyone, paid cash.
Just like both my suburbans, all 3 of my semi trucks, my scooter, my motorhome and a small trailer I have for extra storage and hauling smaller items when I need to.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:30 AM

17,413 posts, read 18,275,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Probably a decade ago, or more, Coach was marketed as a higher end, conservative American leather goods company. It's merchandise was definitely not ghetto at all. In the last few years, some of the designs released by Coach make me wonder if they have decided to market the merchandise to a larger audience and broader market. Some of the designs to have a more "mass market" and glitzy feel/appearance.
Actually, Coach Leatherware began in the early 1940s (manufacturing various different leathergoods) and in the 1960s they brought on the designer Bonnie Cashin (who gave the company the signature turnlock feature) to create a more stylized, high quality hand bag and leather accessories line. The brand much more exclusive (there were only about 10 stores that sold Coach) and was targeted to higher end consumers all the through the 80s and early 90s .

In the mid-90s, the company started creating and pushing the (less expensive to make and therefore more profitable) signature "C" product lines and have been flooding the market with the lower quality cloth and canvas "C" products ever since. The 'type' of buyer who would have purchased a Coach bag (or even been aware of the brand) in the 1970s/1980s/early 90s is vastly different from the current 'type' of consumer of Coach products. Today, many of their products are not as well made (not to mention being very garish and gaudy). It has lessened the appeal of the line.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:52 AM

11,407 posts, read 13,955,986 times
Thanks for clarifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Actually, Coach Leatherware began in the early 1940s (manufacturing various different leathergoods) and in the 1960s they brought on the designer Bonnie Cashin (who gave the company the signature turnlock feature) to create a more stylized, high quality hand bag and leather accessories line. The brand much more exclusive (there were only about 10 stores that sold Coach) and was targeted to higher end consumers all the through the 80s and early 90s .

In the mid-90s, the company started creating and pushing the (less expensive to make and therefore more profitable) signature "C" product lines and have been flooding the market with the lower quality cloth and canvas "C" products ever since. The 'type' of buyer who would have purchased a Coach bag (or even been aware of the brand) in the 1970s/1980s/early 90s is vastly different from the current 'type' of consumer of Coach products. Today, many of their products are not as well made (not to mention being very garish and gaudy). It has lessened the appeal of the line.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:11 AM

4,721 posts, read 4,286,485 times
I am not getting into the I have more money than you contest, but I do think class is hard to find these days. It is not the Kardashians who have plenty of money. It is all about how you present and carry yourself. As an earlier poster proclaimed it is your attitude. Also, I would choose a classic, fully restored old Ford pickup over any luxury car. I really want a cherry red one with wood in the bed. That is cool to me. That is the point, handbags like everything else are a matter of preference. Who cares what impresses or looks ghetto? If you like something, buy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty