U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-19-2013, 04:49 PM
 
35,121 posts, read 37,790,060 times
Reputation: 61840

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
No need to be so defensive, maybe because you're not being honest with yourself. It's not all about designer items. Women have competed against each other since the beginning of time. Thinner, prettier, dress nicer, more boyfriends etc...

Oh please......your opinion of me makes no difference to me now or ever
I am more honest than you could ever fathom in this lifetime
I have never and will never "compete" for a man, the whole boyfriend, dates, relationships, marriage has never been a top priority for me.
I live my life the way I want and if I had a boyfriend great, if I didn't great.
Also, I am not being defensive I am telling the truth, there is no blanket statement that fits all women because some of us really don't give a hoot owl's puke about what the rest of you think of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-19-2013, 04:52 PM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,416 posts, read 27,923,260 times
Reputation: 7249
^^^
hoot owl's puke

I like that ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2013, 04:54 PM
 
Location: Oceania
8,623 posts, read 5,891,490 times
Reputation: 8318
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Actually if you read my second post, I said that I thought that women really don't do it for men, but to compete with women. It's a social status thing. Like, showing off. I can afford a three thousand dollar douche-bag lol. You are carrying a forty dollar TJ max bag. I'm classier, more well off and cooler. Why, because some gay designer says so? It's funny how most gay guys control what women wear. It's utterly odd if you really think about it. They are not even the guys you would normally try to impress. I think women once again do this more to compete with women and that men are a tiny, tiny fraction of why they might buy them.

Women do it for themselves. How many guys are gonna sit around and discuss shoes, purses, makeup, accessories and all of the other things in a woman's life that make no difference in yours? Men don't care about the girl at the nail salon and how she does this or that. Can you tell I have had to endure this in the past?

I have been to dinner parties and nightclubs and privy to hours of women showing off the little scenes painted on their nails and the significance of it in their lives just to prove I listen and care.

I would rather start a campfire in the rain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2013, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,416 posts, read 27,923,260 times
Reputation: 7249
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Women do it for themselves. How many guys are gonna sit around and discuss shoes, purses, makeup, accessories and all of the other things in a woman's life that make no difference in yours? Men don't care about the girl at the nail salon and how she does this or that. Can you tell I have had to endure this in the past?

I have been to dinner parties and nightclubs and privy to hours of women showing off the little scenes painted on their nails and the significance of it in their lives just to prove I listen and care.

I would rather start a campfire in the rain.
Are you actually dating women or teenaged girls? You better check ID.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2013, 05:11 PM
 
Location: UpstateNY
8,613 posts, read 7,807,585 times
Reputation: 7508
start the rock throwing..........I likes me Coaches, Doonies and Pradas. I still have the first Dooney I bought in 1983. It was at the factory store in East Norwalk, CT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2013, 05:33 PM
 
11,423 posts, read 19,433,663 times
Reputation: 18124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
can anyone have too much money?

I probably have more money than some and less than others. Class? What's that these days when it seems like 80 percent of the female population wears nothing but y
oga pants and tshirts, ohh thats right they have to be lululemon apparently because thats class and men think it's ok because they are tight.

If you could own a old ford truck or a Bugatti, which would you choose? If you say a ford truck, you're just talking out of your a$$.
I'd take the truck.... but that's because my knees are shot and I couldn't get out of a Bugatti. Too low to the ground....

But boy howdy.... if my knees were good....

Also -- and I've said this before -- I live in a poor neighborhood, and a lot of women have Coach or LV bags, and the men have Mercedes, BMW's and Escalades -- and they are living in old small houses 3 to a room, 12 to a house.

So -- thanks to this, when ever I see someone in a "high end" car or carrying a "high end" purse, I assume they are "broke ass" poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2013, 05:40 PM
 
Location: UpstateNY
8,613 posts, read 7,807,585 times
Reputation: 7508
I have the truck. I dunno if DH would be willing to work on the Bugatti. He hates my old Benz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2013, 05:56 PM
 
874 posts, read 1,033,964 times
Reputation: 1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Actually, Coach Leatherware began in the early 1940s (manufacturing various different leathergoods) and in the 1960s they brought on the designer Bonnie Cashin (who gave the company the signature turnlock feature) to create a more stylized, high quality hand bag and leather accessories line. The brand much more exclusive (there were only about 10 stores that sold Coach) and was targeted to higher end consumers all the through the 80s and early 90s .

In the mid-90s, the company started creating and pushing the (less expensive to make and therefore more profitable) signature "C" product lines and have been flooding the market with the lower quality cloth and canvas "C" products ever since. The 'type' of buyer who would have purchased a Coach bag (or even been aware of the brand) in the 1970s/1980s/early 90s is vastly different from the current 'type' of consumer of Coach products. Today, many of their products are not as well made (not to mention being very garish and gaudy). It has lessened the appeal of the line.
I agree with you there. As speculative as the markets are, this has reflected in its stock price which took a decent hit earlier this year.

Coach reminds me almost of a backwards Juicy Couture; Juicy has largely matured from rhinestones and tackiness, while Coach seems to sink further in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2013, 05:59 PM
 
Location: Greenwood Village Colorado
324 posts, read 492,636 times
Reputation: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Oh please......your opinion of me makes no difference to me now or ever
I am more honest than you could ever fathom in this lifetime
I have never and will never "compete" for a man, the whole boyfriend, dates, relationships, marriage has never been a top priority for me.
I live my life the way I want and if I had a boyfriend great, if I didn't great.
Also, I am not being defensive I am telling the truth, there is no blanket statement that fits all women because some of us really don't give a hoot owl's puke about what the rest of you think of us.

If my opinion didn't matter why are you defending yourself ergo you are being defensive.

I am guessing you're plump and homely and never cared about your appearance or about men. But most women do care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2013, 06:15 PM
 
123 posts, read 153,872 times
Reputation: 235
Anything to popular is no good for me. Michael Korrs is the big bag designer of the moment and that is not some accident, it's a whole political industry thing, they push one or two designers a few years then on to the next one. I look for the lesser known quality brands I will not name from Italy with prices ranging from 50-400 or no name brands. I would never pay 2500 for some dumb bag or to be trendy. Trendy says I am a slave to what they tell you to own, to wear and how to look, how dumb, how unoriginal. Once any brand starts catering to the masses or the bling culture crowd, it's a no go for me. Bebe used to be a classy brand until they started catering to a mass market outside their original target demo. Now their stuff is cheap gaudy and ugly looking. As soon as anything is to popular it's over as relevant including Haute Couture. I would never buy Gucci or LV, both are to common as are Prada and many other boring overpriced brands. The classic timeless mid priced commercial brands never fail. Calvin Klein, Donna Karen, E.Bauer, Crew, Levis, Hillfiger, Lauren, etc, make beautiful classic items. I've bought my last fashion item with my most recent purchase of two quality leather bags both on sale both little known Italian brands ( I NEVER pay full price ever). I will be set now for a decade with no intentions of buying any new cloths until they wear out. I'm done owning to much stuff, I stick to classics and ignore trends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top