Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2013, 11:16 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,377,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Cat View Post
Good guess about the MP thingie, though, eh?
Uh...NO... But, eh?, are you a Canuck?

Quote:
Did my time in Chi-town and its 'burbs. Don't feel bad, I came to despise the @sses from the North Shore much more intensely.
I grew up in the North Shore. That's ok I despise Diamondbacks.

Saying "Chi-town" is working class wannabe.

Quote:

Sorry for me being such a Richard Head about this topic. And I'm not rich. Upper middle class as a teen but solidly middle class as a kid. Parents were both small town peeps who did well for themselves. Peace out.
Peace out...

p.s. I thought you were a snotty, pretentious woman the whole time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 11:28 PM

537 posts, read 740,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Uh...NO... But, eh?, are you a Canuck?
Yah, hay dere. I grew up in the northern Illinoise subs which is pretty close to Wisconsin, donchaknow, which is darn close to Canada and I kinda like hockey, so . . . Who knows? I might be.

Quote:
I grew up in the North Shore. That's ok I despise Diamondbacks.
The way they play, I despise them, too.

Quote:
Saying Chi-town is working class wannabe.
OUCH!! Well, all my buds from the north shore said "Chi-town". Hell, my parents were sodbusters. Maybe that's what I aspire to be??

Old 10-24-2013, 05:56 AM

701 posts, read 1,691,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
It's also very important to understand proportions. A larger woman should avoid small bags. Small women look better carrying them. But ironically, very petite women look often amazing carrying large bags. It's really not something to be taken lightly. I went to Barnes and Noble and read several books before I dropped the coin I did on my Balenciaga. I studied the size, shape and look of it before having that inevitable 'it looks great' response from the commissioned and pressured retail professional. I could not imagine dropping nearly 2K blindly. Especially if you're a regular person who works very hard for what they have, like me. I expect that bag to last me at least 10 years, if not more.

As far as I'm concerned, a bag says absolutely nothing about me other than I don't give a damn what a person thinks. If I carried a bag (which I don't), whether or not I look good carrying it is thoroughly irrelevant.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:19 AM

872 posts, read 1,263,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Interesting article. I have to say -- even though I don't carry a purse anymore (although I have some old denim jeans I might make a bag out of....) I can totally see how having outlet stores cheapens a brand. I also think being on a home shopping channel does that too. A brand becomes too out there, too available and for a while that's good, and then it's too ubiquitous and that's bad.

I can remember several years ago I took a flight back to Pittsburgh, and our stop at Las Vegas the flight picked up a whole lot of women carrying Coach bags. I actually thought there was a convention of some sort for Coach.... It was practically every woman.

But I've seen this devaluation of other products, too.

Krispy Kreme donuts -- they were busy storefronts and then they put their donuts in grocery stores and the stores lost business, and a number of them closed. Warm Krispy Kremes are a delight -- cold -- not so much. And the donuts are not in stores anymore.

I could think of more but Ghost Mine is starting.....
God, I love business cases. Best part of uni, hands down. I could read them all day (even if they all start with some CEO staring out of his window at yachts in the bay).

I digress. There has always been criticism of outlet stores, however, I saw an astounding number of women with the large MK Hamilton ($300+) when I was in NYC, and you can get these on eBay and find loads of MK bags in TJ Maxx, Marshalls, etc. - plus they have their own outlet store - so I can't believe it has as great of an effect as naysayers say.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:26 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
I don't have much hair because of chemo. You have a problem with that?
Ah. So it's OK for you to be judgmental ...

Old 10-24-2013, 08:28 AM

324 posts, read 655,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Ah. So it's OK for you to be judgmental ...

Picking on someone with a serious medical condition just makes you a b*tch, not judgmental.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:46 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,377,273 times
Quote:
Yah, hay dere. I grew up in the northern Illinoise subs which is pretty close to Wisconsin, donchaknow, which is darn close to Canada and I kinda like hockey, so . . . Who knows? I might be.

The way they play, I despise them, too.

OUCH!! Well, all my buds from the north shore said "Chi-town". Hell, my parents were sodbusters. Maybe that's what I aspire to be??
Oh no.... I also lived in north IL subs close to Wisc., and kinda like hockey. Please tell me we were not neighbors! Although that would explain why you are a smartass, like me.... it's in our upbringing.
I'm afraid to ask - what town did you grow up in?

"Buds" is working class wannabe.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:52 AM

20,763 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
Picking on someone with a serious medical condition just makes you a b*tch, not judgmental.
Ummm, YOU started this thread ... nobody else ... And YOU stated that in your area extensions are STANDARD.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:30 AM

324 posts, read 655,173 times
Is everyone done PMSing? If not, can someone please pass around some chocolate and ice cream.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:07 AM

20,763 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Sorry that this thread is not going as you have expected. We all get bashed here the sooner or later. I guess it was your turn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty