U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-21-2013, 12:01 AM
 
Location: LA, CA/ In This Time and Place
5,425 posts, read 3,280,484 times
Reputation: 5033

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Naturally beautiful people have their own burdens to bear. They don't have to try so hard, so they don't get that sense of accomplishment, they are hit on all the time, boyfriends or girlfriends are insecure and jealous, females are often victims of stalking or worse.
I really think it's better to be average, so we are judged on our personality and who we are, by those that matter, rather than looks that are surface and will inevitably fade.
I'm always surprised to learn of a beautiful person that also has smarts, ambition, and depth of character. I think that's a rare combination.
The worst is those that aren't born pretty, but make themselves attractive thru artifical means and props. Fake people are self-centered and shallow, so those are the type of people they will attract.
Yes but not everyone who improves themselves are fake, some people will be much happier by making improvements to their looks, so you can't call them all fake. It does not make them self centered or shallow, wanting to improve yourself is normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-21-2013, 12:27 AM
 
Location: Northern CA
12,775 posts, read 9,441,453 times
Reputation: 4238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Yes but not everyone who improves themselves are fake, some people will be much happier by making improvements to their looks, so you can't call them all fake. It does not make them self centered or shallow, wanting to improve yourself is normal.
Nowadays everybody seems to want to look like someone else. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. I think we should accept ourselves as we are, because we are unique, one of a kind.
Fake hair, wigs, big boobs are superficial and not my idea of self-improvement. Look within.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 01:23 AM
 
319 posts, read 479,355 times
Reputation: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Have you ever met someone who is not so beautiful, by society's' standards, but somehow they are attractive?

What are their secrets?

Here is an example:


4,2013-Penny Locker - YouTube
There is a UK show called 'the undateables' (The Undateables - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) which looks into this in 'some' depth... I've met plenty of people who are not up to societies standards of beauty who I thought were beautiful, and I've met plenty of people who were beautiful by societies standards who I found very ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 04:20 AM
 
Location: Sydney, Australia
333 posts, read 376,872 times
Reputation: 445
You can't account for that certain 'something' that others might find attractive. At the risk of sounding conceited, I have been told by quite a few people that I am 'attractive' in the traditional sense, though how others see me? Who knows. I can see a person who is not attractive by most standards but they have something, maybe a certain feature, that I find appealing. A sense of humour does wonders too!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 05:00 AM
 
Location: Planet Earth
2,768 posts, read 2,313,046 times
Reputation: 4956
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegold View Post
You can't account for that certain 'something' that others might find attractive. At the risk of sounding conceited, I have been told by quite a few people that I am 'attractive' in the traditional sense, though how others see me? Who knows. I can see a person who is not attractive by most standards but they have something, maybe a certain feature, that I find appealing. A sense of humour does wonders too!!
If a person can make you laugh,I think, my opinion only, they are, indeed, beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 09:04 AM
 
16,724 posts, read 13,676,345 times
Reputation: 40996
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
I got a rep asking: "how do you look?" to be frank, I am unattractive but I don't have "it".
What with these chickensh!t assclowns that can't say what they want to say using their name? Tools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 10:29 AM
 
Location: Texas
42,220 posts, read 49,768,169 times
Reputation: 66976
People in this area have money (and some just act like it), but that means you will see people dressed to the nines with gorgeous hair and make-up and $$$$ clothes and lips and tight asses and all that.

But you know, most of them don't have "it." And I think I find so many of them offensive because no matter how much they do themselves up (and have nips and tucks and all that), they can never cover up the fact that they are just not nice people. They give off such a narcissistic vibe, it's incredible how much you can unconsciously dislike people you don't even know. And they are all like weird duck-faced clones. Is there like some kind of memo I missed about all these women having to look like duck-faced clones? It's so weird. With bobbleheads and duck faces on skinny frames with 5 inch heels.

It's like a freakin' relief to see a normal looking person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 11:46 AM
 
Location: Planet Earth
2,768 posts, read 2,313,046 times
Reputation: 4956
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
People in this area have money (and some just act like it), but that means you will see people dressed to the nines with gorgeous hair and make-up and $$$$ clothes and lips and tight asses and all that.

But you know, most of them don't have "it." And I think I find so many of them offensive because no matter how much they do themselves up (and have nips and tucks and all that), they can never cover up the fact that they are just not nice people. They give off such a narcissistic vibe, it's incredible how much you can unconsciously dislike people you don't even know. And they are all like weird duck-faced clones. Is there like some kind of memo I missed about all these women having to look like duck-faced clones? It's so weird. With bobbleheads and duck faces on skinny frames with 5 inch heels.

It's like a freakin' relief to see a normal looking person.
I wouldn't mind being drop dead gorgeous for a day, just to see what it feels like...but then I would be pissed if all the people who are indifferent towards me, would be all nice....c'est la vie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Planet Earth
2,768 posts, read 2,313,046 times
Reputation: 4956
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
What with these chickensh!t assclowns that can't say what they want to say using their name? Tools.
Well, now that individual knows.

Last edited by FlowerPower00; 10-21-2013 at 12:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 01:33 PM
 
6,319 posts, read 5,366,795 times
Reputation: 11918
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Naturally beautiful people have their own burdens to bear. They don't have to try so hard, so they don't get that sense of accomplishment, they are hit on all the time, boyfriends or girlfriends are insecure and jealous, females are often victims of stalking or worse.
I really think it's better to be average, so we are judged on our personality and who we are, by those that matter, rather than looks that are surface and will inevitably fade.
I'm always surprised to learn of a beautiful person that also has smarts, ambition, and depth of character. I think that's a rare combination.
The worst is those that aren't born pretty, but make themselves attractive thru artifical means and props. Fake people are self-centered and shallow, so those are the type of people they will attract.
You've just eliminated all makeup wearing women, all women who colour their hair, and all women who work out, all men who shave or groom their body hair, work out, go for regular haircuts.

Heck and everyone who's ever had any dental work or worse, cosmetic or even corrective surgery!!!

We all need to be scrubbed clean and dressed in vine leaves to be decent human beings?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top