U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-20-2013, 03:57 PM
 
706 posts, read 912,951 times
Reputation: 1466

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
It's ok to dress "fun and sexy" at times -- but wearing "short shorts and skirts to revealing sweaters" when you accompany your kids to school is, in my opinion, inappropriate.
And you are entitled to your opinion.

 
Old 10-20-2013, 04:03 PM
 
18,856 posts, read 30,475,967 times
Reputation: 25990
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
It's ok to dress "fun and sexy" at times -- but wearing "short shorts and skirts to revealing sweaters" when you accompany your kids to school is, in my opinion, inappropriate.
Of course, you should wear what the other Moms are wearing, shapeless sweat shirts, sweat pants, and flip flops. Skip the make up, and just put your hair back in a pony.

Geez...I remember taking my kids to school, and going to school meetings, I felt like "Harper Valley PTA"...this is when I was a stay at home Mom, and being in shape was very important to my spouse, he wanted a cute wife, in short skirts, and high heels...and I knew who buttered my bread! He expected me to always look sharp, and sexy. Mom, yes...wife...definitely!
 
Old 10-20-2013, 04:06 PM
 
706 posts, read 912,951 times
Reputation: 1466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
Makes sense. I know what part of Colorado you live in now.
We live in a middle class suburb. I have noticed though that people seem way laid back in terms of clothing out here. I'm from Chicago where it is unheard of to go out to dinner and not be dressed up. It was a complete culture shock to me to go to a 4 or 5 star restaurant and see people in jeans and tennis shoes.

It's probably another reason why I stand out. I don't mind though...I like dressing up even when I'm Just going to the mall.
 
Old 10-20-2013, 04:12 PM
 
14,701 posts, read 18,779,117 times
Reputation: 20225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Of course, you should wear what the other Moms are wearing, shapeless sweat shirts, sweat pants, and flip flops. Skip the make up, and just put your hair back in a pony.

There is a middle ground between dressing slutty and dressing sloppily, especially when being in public with your children.
 
Old 10-20-2013, 04:13 PM
 
Location: Greenwood Village Colorado
324 posts, read 493,256 times
Reputation: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
We live in a middle class suburb. I have noticed though that people seem way laid back in terms of clothing out here. I'm from Chicago where it is unheard of to go out to dinner and not be dressed up. It was a complete culture shock to me to go to a 4 or 5 star restaurant and see people in jeans and tennis shoes.

It's probably another reason why I stand out. I don't mind though...I like dressing up even when I'm Just going to the mall.

aren't you in Aurora?
 
Old 10-20-2013, 04:17 PM
 
706 posts, read 912,951 times
Reputation: 1466
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
There is a middle ground between dressing slutty and dressing sloppily, especially when being in public with your children.
And you have made an assumption that I dress slutty which is not at all the case.

Wearing a pair of shorts with a 3-5 inch inseam vs. Shorts that come to the knee (the length at which it seems most people think women my age should wear shorts) is not slutty. They are not daisy dukes and no part of my butt is visible.

Wearing a skirt that is 1-2 inches (the average length of he skirts I wear) above the knee is also not

I also don't consider a vneck shirt that shows a little cleavage to be slutty. But everyone has a different idea of what dressing slutty actually means....clearly.
 
Old 10-20-2013, 04:20 PM
 
706 posts, read 912,951 times
Reputation: 1466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
aren't you in Aurora?
We lived in Aurora when we first relocated. We are in Parker now.
 
Old 10-20-2013, 04:22 PM
 
14,701 posts, read 18,779,117 times
Reputation: 20225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
...Wearing a pair of shorts with a 3-5 inch inseam vs. Shorts that come to the knee (the length at which it seems most people think women my age should wear shorts) is not slutty. They are not daisy dukes and no part of my butt is visible.

Wearing a skirt that is 1-2 inches (the average length of he skirts I wear) above the knee is also not

I also don't consider a vneck shirt that shows a little cleavage to be slutty. ...


I was using your own words: "short shorts and skirts to revealing sweaters". Looks like you're backtracking now.
 
Old 10-20-2013, 04:25 PM
 
Location: Greenwood Village Colorado
324 posts, read 493,256 times
Reputation: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
We lived in Aurora when we first relocated. We are in Parker now.

lol even worse.


Anyway you said and I quote "" I'm pretty sure some of the other moms judge me when I drop off or pick up my kids from school."

So why are they judging you and judging you how? Judging you because you look so amazingly awesome and sexy and OMG they am sooo jealous of you ? Are they judging you because you look a little too risque? Are they judging you because you dress like a million dollars? Are they judging you because they they just love your clothes?

I am confused.
 
Old 10-20-2013, 04:27 PM
 
706 posts, read 912,951 times
Reputation: 1466
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I was using your own words: "short shorts and skirts to revealing sweaters". Looks like you're backtracking now.
Not at all. I think most would consider shorts and skirts of that length to be short, especially when compared to the length most supposed fashion gurus think middle aged women should wear their shorts/skirts.

So no...I'm not backtracking at all...I have no need to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top