Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 04:33 PM

706 posts, read 1,179,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
lol even worse.

Anyway you said and I quote "" I'm pretty sure some of the other moms judge me when I drop off or pick up my kids from school."

So why are they judging you and judging you how? Judging you because you look so amazingly awesome and sexy and OMG they am sooo jealous of you ? Are they judging you because you look a little too risque? Are they judging you because you dress like a million dollars? Are they judging you because they they just love your clothes?

I am confused.
Let's just say I get a lot of seemingly disapproving looks from some (not all) of the other moms. I've gotten a few eyerolls and side glances that were definitely NOT looks of "OMG, you look amazing"! Some of it could be due to the fact that I'm a lot more fit than most of them as well. Or it could be because I put on a full face of makeup on to drop off my kids. I wouldn't say that I look risqué at all....in fact my sons teacher often compliments me on my clothes and she is fairly conservative.

Old 10-20-2013, 04:40 PM

It's funny that someone mentioned yoga pants, because I wear those too...a LOT! What's wrong with yoga pants? They are comfy, they look great on a nice butt and they're convenient!

Old 10-20-2013, 05:04 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
Yeah I get that from my mom too NO YOGA PANTS on to her house please .But I can tell you I get treated differently when I wear my office clothes such as a nice dress and or jeans and t shirts . obviously I get treated with more respect when I wear a nice dress and or hose and high heels than when I wear a tshirt and jeans .

Old 10-20-2013, 05:11 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
One knows how to spot me day or night, most of the time .
Black levi type pants and black T shirt depending on the weather.
It's like a uniform in a sense because there are several environments I work or rather had worked in that this blends with.
Several professional stores and services use this same method now.
It might seem boring but it stems from old world culture , a class of folk wearing a particular garb.
I don't wear suits or ties or shiny shoes , the only one I need to impress is in the mirror.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:18 PM

324 posts, read 655,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
Let's just say I get a lot of seemingly disapproving looks from some (not all) of the other moms. I've gotten a few eyerolls and side glances that were definitely NOT looks of "OMG, you look amazing"! Some of it could be due to the fact that I'm a lot more fit than most of them as well. Or it could be because I put on a full face of makeup on to drop off my kids. I wouldn't say that I look risqué at all....in fact my sons teacher often compliments me on my clothes and she is fairly conservative.
Yep, you're probably all that and a bag of makeup and yoga pants. congratz!

Old 10-20-2013, 05:29 PM

I just like to distinguish myself from the status quo. Some people like that and some are not so appreciative of it, I guess.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:54 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,710,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
From your descriptions of what you wear, this look is not all that uncommon, and is often viewed as a combination of low class and a pathetic attempt to cling to youth. It is more likely that this perception, rather than some envy of your fitness, is behind the eye rolls and side glances. As you say, they "were definitely NOT looks of 'OMG, you look amazing'! "

Old 10-20-2013, 05:58 PM

324 posts, read 655,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
From your descriptions of what you wear, this look is not all that uncommon, and is often viewed as a combination of low class and a pathetic attempt to cling to youth. It is more likely that this perception, rather than some envy of your fitness, is behind the eye rolls and side glances. As you say, they "were definitely NOT looks of 'OMG, you look amazing'! "

She is obviously a narcissist. They see themselves totally different vs how the rest of the world see's them.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:04 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,317,950 times
I think people are very judgmental about clothing, as well as other aspects of appearance (hair styles, facial hair, make-up, tattoos, where one is on the scale of neatness and cleanliness, etc.). Even if they aren't aware of it, it's subconsciously effecting their perceptions. Same with homes. How they are decorated and cared for says a lot about a person to observers.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:07 PM

Well, I'm definitely not low class, but if that's what you got from my post then so be it.

My husband is a professional and has always been proud to have me on his arm. His coworkers have complimented him on having an attractive wife and nobody who actually know me shares your opinion.

Some people just seem to have a negative opinion of people who dare go outside of their narrow view of what they deem is appropriate. I accept that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty