U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 01:35 PM

324 posts, read 495,662 times

Advertisements

There is a big Anthropologie seller on ebay. She usually throws i n a pair of earrings as well and all the clothes are new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 01:40 PM

11,183 posts, read 6,685,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I think it would look beautiful on a female that has some extra weight and bigger boobs, too.
Since there is really no structure or stretch to the top, it would just balloon out from the chest and make a larger chested girl look heavier then she actually is.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:08 PM

20,423 posts, read 35,973,665 times
Quote:
Thanks for all your answers, everybody.
I think it would look beautiful on a female that has some extra weight and bigger boobs, too.
Meh... not so much.
That top screams young and thin.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:22 PM

5,288 posts, read 17,550,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Since there is really no structure or stretch to the top, it would just balloon out from the chest and make a larger chested girl look heavier then she actually is.
This is true.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:56 PM

16,326 posts, read 12,648,429 times
Awww....well, it worked for a little while, in my mind. .... I know you folks know what you're talking about...at least I can still like the colors and how they go together.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:12 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,409,285 times
Its cute, but it always makes my heart sink when I read "does not ship to Australia"....why not? We don't need to use pigeons anymore...

Old 10-22-2013, 05:16 PM

994 posts, read 1,207,040 times
I think that would work best on someone who had a rectangular or athletic shape. I have huge boobs and an hourglass figure, so those kinds of tops just look weird on me.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:18 PM

26,970 posts, read 28,354,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Ugly to me. Most women would look like a pregnant person, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
I tend to buy boho chic. In fact that's a search term I use on eBay and I have a couple of favourite sellers saved.

Cute top but one that would only work on very slim women with small boobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing, gypsy. But it is cute for the young and slim.
Quote:
Thanks for all your answers, everybody.
It's just that this outfit makes me want to wag my tail and I think I'd have to flirt with any lady wearing it. The colors, though, are awesome. I love them.
BTW, I wouldn't buy it used off of Ebay. I'd buy it new or in mint condition only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
I think that would work best on someone who had a rectangular or athletic shape. I have huge boobs and an hourglass figure, so those kinds of tops just look weird on me.
You need to be small-busted and straight or rectangular or perhaps have broad shoulders/narrow hips to make that work. It doesn't flatter someone with a defined waist, and doesn't have enough space for someone who is busty.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:17 PM

14,402 posts, read 20,699,815 times
Meh, not my style

Old 10-22-2013, 10:56 PM

2,898 posts, read 4,984,233 times
Quote:
Sadly, no. I just saw it on Ebay and I couldn't believe how much I like it. I just find it so pretty and fun!
RR... That would be a very simple garment to sew. Do you sew at all? The pattern would be very easy to work with. Some fabrics are even sold with beading or embroidery on the top portion, similar to that garment.

Have you tried clearance racks at stores like Forever 21? Not sure where you live, but in CA, those kinds of garments are still in stores, some really inexpensive for the end of season sales. I hope you find one or make one soon. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty