U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 12:10 AM

3,043 posts, read 6,298,929 times

Advertisements

I don't think the sweater is taking up the room in your bag. It is all those other belongings. Can you keep the tools at work or do you travel on the job where you need them?
On mild days even if they start cool I usually just wear a sweater or hoodie. Usually I am just in and out of the car so the exposure to outside is not much where clothing is that big of a deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 11:20 AM

811 posts, read 980,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I have never in my life seen a guy so preoccupied with his clothes as you are!
You've never met me

Old 10-23-2013, 11:39 AM

17,985 posts, read 17,140,226 times
In weather like yesterday's -- cool, then up to 70, then cool again -- I got stuck too. I wore a long sleeved cotton jersey and sweltered during the day when it warmed up.

Being a woman, I am wearing a short sleeved top today BUT carrying a cotton cardigan sweater for when it cools down. It's just about impossible to get it right in this part of the country but the "in between weather" doesn't last that long anyway.

Soon we can plan on permanent cold. When it's consistently cold, it's easier to know how to dress.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:06 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,519,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Soon we can plan on permanent cold.
In other words, from today till April 2014. It was quite cold here in NJ, with highs in the low 50's and wind.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:10 PM

13,104 posts, read 17,640,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I have never in my life seen a guy so preoccupied with his clothes as you are!

My son would have thrown a coat over a long sleeve t and called it done.
70 degrees isn't sweating weather... it is perfection.
If my husband or bf was like that I think it would drive me crazy ....I m a clothes horse I dont want my S.O. looking better than me LOL ....

Old 10-23-2013, 08:26 PM

13,437 posts, read 15,036,253 times
They make this thing called layers.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:18 PM

10,860 posts, read 18,875,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
My Dear, I approach fashion from a different angle. As an engineer, I appreciate the heat transfer concepts used & material science involved in fashion technology .

Development of new clothing material which keeps us comfortable under different conditions is a continuously evolving technology. Engineers are at the heart of understanding how our bodies react to dynamic variations in temperatures and activity rate. We select the appropriate set of materials depending on the conditions the body experiences and is exposed to, and try to determine how the material we have developed for usage is superior to those used earlier. Next step involves testing it on a live human being, and putting our Ideas to work. If the test succeeds, then our task of choosing the right material has succeeded. Else, start all over from step 1.

Hope you found my analysis nerdy and interesting
Well, since you are the engineer, design something to fix your situation and show it to us, instead of asking what other people wear on cold days

Old 10-23-2013, 09:54 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,519,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Well, since you are the engineer, design something to fix your situation and show it to us, instead of asking what other people wear on cold days
Asking to find out what people currently do. Using that as a base, I design my solution to suit the needs of people.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:03 AM

1,006 posts, read 1,778,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
If my husband or bf was like that I think it would drive me crazy ....I m a clothes horse I dont want my S.O. looking better than me LOL ....
That explains alot, same with guys at gym I assume.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty