U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-28-2013, 09:55 AM
 
327 posts, read 374,262 times
Reputation: 269

Advertisements

women DO have the freedom to be ugly.. the problem is can they handle their own/other-women insecurity ?? its ironic that its OTHER WOMEN that notice the tiniest details on other women and will be ready to b***h about it just because of their own insecurities. there's a reason why men don't have to be "pretty all the time" .. and thats because their social circles don't judge them. steve won't care if dave has hair sprouting out of his nostrils, or scruffy hair, or scruffy beard. its that simple. even when it comes to women, they won't even notice your hair is not even 50% at its best or you're not wearing your best clothes. notice how guys that hang around with girls look like girls ie pluck their eyebrows, shave to the bone, wear skinny jeans, wax their arms/legs/chest etc and in extreme cases, wear make-up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-28-2013, 08:39 PM
 
Location: Southwest Washington State
18,950 posts, read 12,528,466 times
Reputation: 24488
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentry12 View Post
women DO have the freedom to be ugly.. the problem is can they handle their own/other-women insecurity ?? its ironic that its OTHER WOMEN that notice the tiniest details on other women and will be ready to b***h about it just because of their own insecurities. there's a reason why men don't have to be "pretty all the time" .. and thats because their social circles don't judge them. steve won't care if dave has hair sprouting out of his nostrils, or scruffy hair, or scruffy beard. its that simple. even when it comes to women, they won't even notice your hair is not even 50% at its best or you're not wearing your best clothes. notice how guys that hang around with girls look like girls ie pluck their eyebrows, shave to the bone, wear skinny jeans, wax their arms/legs/chest etc and in extreme cases, wear make-up
I have not found this to be true in my life, especially as I have grown older. Of course my friends are growing older along with me.

I imagine what you describe is truer in certain segments of society.

I have experienced that in work life and with friends, women are generally supportive of other women. There are always exceptions to any "rule," though. I can't speak for the experiences of all women everywhere.

But the every day normal woman that I have known, been friends with, and worked with are not as critical of other women as you say. What men notice seems to be how "hot" women are. And I have noticed many times how relatively easy a lovely young thing has it in the workplace, especially when there is a male boss. Even an older woman with a nice figure, who presents herself well will do better than every other woman, regardless of every other factor, assuming a male boss. Again, I can't presume to speak for every other woman's experience though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2013, 09:00 AM
 
811 posts, read 982,757 times
Reputation: 1432
This girl looks attractive at the beginning AND at the end. That much paint is not needed at all. Yet, you mommas not only paint yourselves up but ***** about it as well


Maybelline New York - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2013, 09:14 AM
 
6,461 posts, read 6,109,996 times
Reputation: 9783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
I agree with the mates part. But I wish what you shaded were true.

Besides, even there, women simply won't let men look at them without make up. There are men out there who will take any kind of woman. Even the ugly ones in online dating get 100s of messages. So, I find it hard to believe it's anything other than self-inflicted.
I think those hundreds of messages are for a one hit wonder. My friends in college that were not conventionally attractive got laid a lot. (And by some pretty cute guys too.) It always made me uncomfortable because I felt relations should be between people who love each other. I asked one girl why she did it, and she flat out told me that if she waited for a boyfriend she would be a virgin forever. (This was not true, as she did find a nice guy to marry.)I went out on many dates and was pretty chaste, and she had very few dates but lots of booty calls.
edit: After reading this again, I think I sound a bit off. Unattractive women are not necessarily promiscuous or unable to get dates or relationships. I do think it is harder for them. I am also not all that and I could care less what other women wear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2013, 10:11 AM
 
Location: california
5,491 posts, read 4,566,174 times
Reputation: 6423
People ar sold things on looks ,it's a fact. Manufacturers know this, How much do women spend on a purse ? $100.s How much does a guy spend on a wallet ? $ 20.$30. Looks and performance is what sells te stuff that doesn't have the look or persormance does not sell. Secondly men like to see what they have invested in maintain their look and performance , when this deterriorates another model is already in view, better looking and better performing. Women do the same thing but their opinions depend on what other women think ,many cannot think for them selves. It's cultured. Men tend to think logicly , women tend to think emotionally. If women want to better them selves ,they would leave other womens views out of their thinking and learn to think for them self, and find out who they are as a person , and if connnected to a man learn to identify with her man. Other women are not your life he is your life . Draging other women's thinking into a relationship just creates more trouble . you are not married to them, you are married to Him. What a woman is on the inside shows on the out side in real life , I've seen pretty photos but the person is distasteful after meeting them, a real thespean. I know some very beautiful women that at first glance are not that attractive, but once you get to know they are very attractive and distracting, people you want to spend time with. Then there are those that are both distasteful in view and in person . These likely angry at being set aside, and fed up with trying. Kind of a self fulfiling prophicy you know he is going to reject you, so a plastic smile is applied which he sees is plastic and moves on. If he does show an ounce of interest you suspect it's not genuine . So busy in a fantasy world mapping out what he is going to do , rather than simply being business like and dealing with the obvious. Most men do not spend hours speculating what "she is thinking " It never pays off any way. What she says she is thinking is all he has to go by. If your looking for a man perminantly let him see you for who you realy are all the time. After all , if you went to buy a corvett and as you left the parking lot the cover fell off and you found you self in a VW you'd be seriously dissapointed right? The best of women are those that improve as they age not get worse. How excited would you be if the VW you bought, turned out being a corvett ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2013, 10:16 AM
 
811 posts, read 982,757 times
Reputation: 1432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I think those hundreds of messages are for a one hit wonder. My friends in college that were not conventionally attractive got laid a lot. (And by some pretty cute guys too.) It always made me uncomfortable because I felt relations should be between people who love each other. I asked one girl why she did it, and she flat out told me that if she waited for a boyfriend she would be a virgin forever. (This was not true, as she did find a nice guy to marry.)I went out on many dates and was pretty chaste, and she had very few dates but lots of booty calls.
edit: After reading this again, I think I sound a bit off. Unattractive women are not necessarily promiscuous or unable to get dates or relationships. I do think it is harder for them. I am also not all that and I could care less what other women wear.
That's also how they get herpes and infect others on the dating sites

Getting laid less is safe. It's best if it's the same person and actually being in love.

Also, ugly women will get laid soon because they don't have standards and will take any man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2013, 12:13 AM
 
8,195 posts, read 10,227,133 times
Reputation: 7486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
That's also how they get herpes and infect others on the dating sites

Getting laid less is safe. It's best if it's the same person and actually being in love.

Also, ugly women will get laid soon because they don't have standards and will take any man.
What makes you think ugly women don't have standards?

Men don't have standards,whether ugly or cute. Ahh,that's the big secret of the universe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2013, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 32,933,175 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
For every man who feels entitled to have a beautiful woman on hs arm, I'd say there are probably ten who would bang a catcher's mitt. I think overall men have lower standards than women. That's why there are so many more men paying for sex the women paying men for it.

Tell the short, fat, balding funny and interesting guy why he's going home alone on another Saturday night after an evening of laughs and drinks at the local watering hole. The Danny DeVitos with great senses of humor and worldly stories aren't being sought after by the Scarlet Johanssons and Salma Hayeks of the world.
Scarjo? Salma? Those types of guys are not being sought by anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2013, 04:12 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 32,933,175 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's interesting that you think being judged solely on your looks is a good thing. Women are people above and beyond what they look like. While a sincere compliment is flattering, a guy approaching a woman on the street with a marriage proposal knows nothing about her other than what she looks like. To him, she's just an object or a status symbol, not a human being. The "beautiful" woman living a life of privilege on someone else's dime based entirely on her appearance has a shelf life. What is she going to do in 5, 10, 20 years when her man finds someone younger and prettier and she has nothing to fall back on?
Sue his ass and take his money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2013, 06:21 PM
 
Location: locked in a castle
262 posts, read 400,819 times
Reputation: 382
Really? I'm ugly and I get things all the time.

Men open doors for me and talk to me.

I must be the prettiest ugly girl in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top