U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-23-2013, 06:42 PM
 
8,585 posts, read 11,886,406 times
Reputation: 3120

Advertisements

Men used to carry coin purses a hundred years ago. Not only the zippered pouch but the kind with the snap closure that you usually see only women using these days. They were made of leather. (They are small and fit in your front pocket.)

Do you think this would be a good thing to carry these days for your cash?

I think that many travelers use them abroad to carry all the local coin currency. Personally, I think they are kind of cool. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Coin purse for men-coinpurse.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-23-2013, 07:24 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn New York
15,235 posts, read 23,776,351 times
Reputation: 19872
I hate coins. I think at this point in life, they need to really get rid of the penny. It is just a waster.

I would never use a change purse, LOL. that is funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2013, 08:47 PM
 
8,585 posts, read 11,886,406 times
Reputation: 3120
I agree about the penny. But I think some small pouch would be handy when traveling overseas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2013, 08:57 PM
 
Location: Vallejo
13,443 posts, read 15,059,549 times
Reputation: 11925
Omega Wallet | FIRETI - Titanium iPhone Cases - Made in Britain

Much more interesting. Retro is getting old, imo. Hipsters played it out. Only thing is I'm not sure what sitting on a piece of metal is going to feel like and what it's going to do to pants. Jeans I wouldn't worry about but metal wallet + suits? Uhh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2013, 09:00 PM
 
8,585 posts, read 11,886,406 times
Reputation: 3120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Omega Wallet | FIRETI - Titanium iPhone Cases - Made in Britain

Much more interesting. Retro is getting old, imo. Hipsters played it out. Only thing is I'm not sure what sitting on a piece of metal is going to feel like and what it's going to do to pants. Jeans I wouldn't worry about but metal wallet + suits? Uhh.
I can see how something metal would be useful for credit cards or anything with an electronic strip. But that's an entirely different issue.

I'm more interested in a coin pouch for carrying small amounts of cash. I paid for some small items with a $20 bill while I was out last Saturday, and I wished I had had some kind of small pouch to keep all the change together. I didn't like putting it all loose into my pocket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2013, 09:23 PM
 
Location: Mayacama Mtns in CA
14,523 posts, read 7,367,259 times
Reputation: 11302
How about something like this? Tony Perotti Personalized Leather Coin Purse Coin Holder
Or this one? Leather Coin Purse by Handmade Coin Pouch Coin by CLWorkshop
My father had one similar to this one: Royce Leather Coin Holder - eBags.com

I think men of distinction and style have always used coin holders!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2013, 05:16 AM
 
8,585 posts, read 11,886,406 times
Reputation: 3120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
How about something like this? Tony Perotti Personalized Leather Coin Purse Coin Holder
Or this one? Leather Coin Purse by Handmade Coin Pouch Coin by CLWorkshop
My father had one similar to this one: Royce Leather Coin Holder - eBags.com

I think men of distinction and style have always used coin holders!
I like all of those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2013, 05:18 AM
 
35,121 posts, read 37,853,466 times
Reputation: 61846
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Men used to carry coin purses a hundred years ago. Not only the zippered pouch but the kind with the snap closure that you usually see only women using these days. They were made of leather. (They are small and fit in your front pocket.)

Do you think this would be a good thing to carry these days for your cash?

I think that many travelers use them abroad to carry all the local coin currency. Personally, I think they are kind of cool. What do you think?

Both of my Grandpa's carried one of those squeezy type change holders for years.
There is nothing wrong with it at all.
It kept all the coins contained instead of moving around in their pockets.
For their paper money they both had money clips, nothing fancy or expensive just something that did what it was supposed to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2013, 07:31 PM
 
5,489 posts, read 8,173,490 times
Reputation: 7346
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Both of my Grandpa's carried one of those squeezy type change holders for years.
There is nothing wrong with it at all
.
It kept all the coins contained instead of moving around in their pockets.
For their paper money they both had money clips, nothing fancy or expensive just something that did what it was supposed to do.
what I use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top