Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2013, 07:13 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times

Advertisements

=)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 08:12 PM

364 posts, read 708,269 times
You sound like my ex...

Old 10-24-2013, 08:25 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,694,928 times
What happened to the OP?

Old 10-24-2013, 08:37 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
I don't consider those to be "kid type" shoes. So I guess I disagree on that. I do agree about the skinny jeans. NO ONE should wear them. As far as the shirts, it's fine for a guy to wear anything...other than sleeveless.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:46 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,537,039 times
Quote:
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
I know what you mean and I'm ashamed of myself. I got 30 days in jail and had to watch 50 episodes of What Not To Wear, on TLC. The reason for the punishment? I'm 57 and I wore a t shirt with a logo on it! Judge said it's a good thing I wasn't wearing Converse hi-tops or I'd never see the light of day again!

Old 10-24-2013, 09:55 PM

169 posts, read 829,228 times
Quote:

Anyone else agree?

Nope, totally disagree with you. Converse, Vans and Hi-tops are not considered kids shoes or else they would not make them in adult sizes. They are more geared towards the skater/surfer culture. Once a guy hits 25 should he switch to penny loafers? Cmon now...Have you even seen all the different designs or are you too narrow minded? The DC Comic Converse are AMAZING!

Graphic tees are still acceptable for 25 year olds. What do a lot of guys at this age like? Video games, zombies, etc. So I can't understand why expressing your interests through clothing is immature. Now a guy that's say 40 wearing a shirt that has a mustache or says "Cool Story Bro" is a different story.

Skinny jeans are also big in skater style. I personally don't like men wearing them but this "homosexual" look you're talking about came from the emo scene because those kids would actually wear the ones intended for chicks...The only thing I can agree with you on is baggy jeans down past the ass. It's extremely disgusting! Why even wear pants? >.< I wonder if those guys even know or care about where/why that look came into play.

All this being said, "grown men" do not and should not wear only what you listed. Button up's and polos? 14 year old jocks wear things like that. Do you consider them to be or look like "grown men" because of it? That's the classic prep style and is NOT for everyone.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:02 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
What about women? OP is describing how my 26 year old daughter dresses

Old 10-24-2013, 11:07 PM

550 posts, read 1,282,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
What happened to the OP?
I think he was just trolling.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:13 PM

105 posts, read 246,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
.....I do have a few things I don't like men to wear. I think it has to do with OCD tendencies. Adidas socks with Nike shoes and New Balance shorts and a K-Swiss shirt.

That can be arranged in any kind of order. Adidas basketball shorts and a Nike t shirt.

Drives me nuts.

I guess that isn't just for men, it's for anyone over the age of 9.
Does that include shoes as well? I am stuck with 12.5 - 13 4E feet which limits me to a few lackluster New Balance sneakers for footwear. I do wear other brands for my shirts and shorts though I do prefer plain T-shirts.

Old 10-25-2013, 04:27 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentric_Bear View Post
Does that include shoes as well? I am stuck with 12.5 - 13 4E feet which limits me to a few lackluster New Balance sneakers for footwear. I do wear other brands for my shirts and shorts though I do prefer plain T-shirts.
You know, it just bothers me. I could care less what people really wear. My son is in a shoe like that and my brother is in a 15. I know what you mean.

For the most part, I am being ridiculous, like the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty